ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nimnam789
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

OCI

Post by nimnam789 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:58 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Naman and I am 23 years old - I am Indian-born British citizen and I have an OCI issued in 2015, when I was 16 years old. My old passport connected with this OCI was lost 3 years ago and so I got a new one. My question is, can I still use the OCI to travel to India?(I am planning to go this month)

I am aware there are some rule changes but am not sure what. Do I need to renew my OCI? Some people have told me that all I need is my old OCI, my current passport and maybe some documents to show that I applied for a new passport and as long as my name is the same it should be fine.

I would be grateful if anyone could shed some light on this situation! Thank you.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: OCI

Post by dontringthebell » Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:46 am

nimnam789 wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:58 pm
Hi everyone,

My name is Naman and I am 23 years old - I am Indian-born British citizen and I have an OCI issued in 2015, when I was 16 years old. My old passport connected with this OCI was lost 3 years ago and so I got a new one. My question is, can I still use the OCI to travel to India?(I am planning to go this month)

I am aware there are some rule changes but am not sure what. Do I need to renew my OCI? Some people have told me that all I need is my old OCI, my current passport and maybe some documents to show that I applied for a new passport and as long as my name is the same it should be fine.

I would be grateful if anyone could shed some light on this situation! Thank you.
You need to get a new OCI in case you got a new passport after the age of 20, if however, your current passport was issued prior to you turning 20 years old, you may only update the details.

For both you would need to use OCI miscellaneous services option.

https://ociservices.gov.in/welcome
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI