ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI - Urgent Help

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bala26
Newly Registered

OCI - Urgent Help

Post by bala26 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:17 pm

Hi, could someone please advice what's the best thing to do in my situation?

My son is born in the UK and we have applied for British Passport in the UK and then took him to India on Indian Passport(doesn't have UK valid visa anymore).

Now we have received his British Passport and want to bring him to UK next month, my doubt is

Will he be allowed to travel on British passport from India with out surrendering Indian Passport, will apply for OCI once he is here.

Or

Should I apply for any evisa from India bring him to UK on British Passport and once he is in the UK will apply for OCI.

Or

Should I surrender his Indian passport and apply for OCI in India itself, will that work and can he then travel on British Passport.

Please advise me whats the best thing to do, don't want to face any trouble while returning at the Indian airport. i'm going to India next month and will be carrying his British passport with me to bring him back.

Thanks