ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Post Reply
krimith
Member
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:41 pm
Location: london

Post by krimith » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:47 pm

ric1982 wrote:Thanks krimith,

Any documents do I need to bring (other then my BC passport). Also if I cant go then someone else can do this on my behalf isnt it? (for e.g. family member)?

Following is the status

Photo/Signature at Mission : Scanned On 13-FEB-2013
Registration Status at Mission : Granted On 12-MAR-2013
Documents Printing Status PRINTED On 20-MAR-2013
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ): NEW DELHI On 21-MAR-2013
Documents Received at BIRMINGHAM NOT YET

Its saying documents not received yet. Will the system be updated when document will receive? or its always "NOT YET" ?
Hi,You have to go yourself and take printout your OCI status with you and submitted time they give u paper receipt, thats all, and If its not showing a received at Birmingham then u have to wait until status show received at Birmingham, Because Birmingham process little take time.

ssachida
Newly Registered
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:29 pm
Location: London

Post by ssachida » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:54 pm

ssachida wrote:Hi, I collected my passport and oci book yesterday. There was a notice that said

"Due to technical issues with the online OCI system we are issuing a maximum of 150 tokens per day"

So, if you are planning to submit an application in the near future, do go early.
1. The above info is from HCI London, but may apply to other HCIs too.
2. For submission: I went at 9.15 -- no queue, just one person in front of me
3. For collection: Arrived at 4.45, waited approx 25 minutes (outside in the cold!)
4. Yes, I submitted just the status printout and my UK passport. Got back passport+blue oci book

jko_71
Newly Registered
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:56 am

Post by jko_71 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:06 pm

thank you ssachida, thats really helpful !

how long did it take to submit passports & oci status printouts in the morning ?

would you be called at the counter to submit them ?

many thanks

ssachida
Newly Registered
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:29 pm
Location: London

Post by ssachida » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:08 pm

jko_71 wrote:thank you ssachida, thats really helpful !

how long did it take to submit passports & oci status printouts in the morning ?

would you be called at the counter to submit them ?

many thanks
morning was less than 5 minutes. It's all done in a counter facing the courtyard -- didn't enter the building at all. I went at 9.15 ish. After the early eager beavers were processed :)

smatt
Junior Member
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:49 pm

Post by smatt » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:14 pm

@fed_up_of_hci,

Thank you for posting....actually I went in person to submit @9.45 but already they issued 150 tokens.......I came back...I am thinking of sending through Postal...but confused which original documents need to send..apart from original surrender of certificate, no original are required? Like...
1. Original Naturalization certificate
2. Marriage certificate
3.Birth Certificate

Kindly confirm so that I can apply through royal mail special delivery now.

Thanks in advance
Kind Regards,
smatt

rkg1
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:22 am

Post by rkg1 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:27 pm

thanks ssachida for the info.

fed_up_of_hci
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:17 pm
Location: London

Post by fed_up_of_hci » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:12 pm

smatt wrote:@fed_up_of_hci,

Thank you for posting....actually I went in person to submit @9.45 but already they issued 150 tokens.......I came back...I am thinking of sending through Postal...but confused which original documents need to send..apart from original surrender of certificate, no original are required? Like...
1. Original Naturalization certificate
2. Marriage certificate
3.Birth Certificate

Kindly confirm so that I can apply through royal mail special delivery now.

Thanks in advance
Kind Regards,
smatt
No problems.

If you are submitting Surrender Certificate then dont need Naturalisation certificate (you may include self attested copy if that makes you comfortable). I had submitted in person just for myself so cant really say about other documents. But read the Other Supporting Documents section on the website as well. Also, make sure the photograph is as per their guidelines. It is NOT same as UK passport etc. its 51x51 etc. (if you were to apply in person, you would have had chance to go out and get correct photos. You may already have noticed but just for information.

Good luck.

ssachida
Newly Registered
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:29 pm
Location: London

Post by ssachida » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:13 pm

smatt wrote:@fed_up_of_hci,

Thank you for posting....actually I went in person to submit @9.45 but already they issued 150 tokens.......I came back...I am thinking of sending through Postal...but confused which original documents need to send..apart from original surrender of certificate, no original are required? Like...
1. Original Naturalization certificate
2. Marriage certificate
3.Birth Certificate

Kindly confirm so that I can apply through royal mail special delivery now.

Thanks in advance
Kind Regards,
smatt
Hi smatt: No originals at all. Just be sure to self-attest and date every page of the copies.

rkg1
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:22 am

Post by rkg1 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:21 pm

Just a note that if you are submitting surrender certificate , they need both original and a copy.

"OCI applicants should surrender their Indian Passports in one of the VFS centres (http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/surenderind_pass.html) and submit the original Surrender Certificate & a copy of Surrender Certificate along with the OCI application. After verifying the facts the original surrender certificate will be returned to the applicant. "

jko_71
Newly Registered
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:56 am

Post by jko_71 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:40 pm

thank you ssachida

sachin50
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:53 pm

Post by sachin50 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:58 pm

ssachida wrote:
jko_71 wrote:thank you ssachida, thats really helpful !

how long did it take to submit passports & oci status printouts in the morning ?

would you be called at the counter to submit them ?

many thanks
morning was less than 5 minutes. It's all done in a counter facing the courtyard -- didn't enter the building at all. I went at 9.15 ish. After the early eager beavers were processed :)
@ssachida

hi also ready for OCI collection where do you submit the passport at london? Is it at the counters facing outside? Thing is I never see anyone at those windows?

You dont give it to the security guards I hope? I wont get to London till around 11 I hope they dont close the counters. They say 0930 to 1200 for submission of document.

Please advise

Sach

smatt
Junior Member
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:49 pm

Post by smatt » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:41 pm

@ Ssachida & fed_up_of_hci,
Thanks for your replies, some are saying original surrender certificate & some no originals at all, anyhow I have submitted original with self-addressed envelop, so whatever I have sent originals should be back.
Thanks,
smatt

ssachida
Newly Registered
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:29 pm
Location: London

Post by ssachida » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:51 pm

sachin50 wrote:
@ssachida

hi also ready for OCI collection where do you submit the passport at london? Is it at the counters facing outside? Thing is I never see anyone at those windows?

You dont give it to the security guards I hope? I wont get to London till around 11 I hope they dont close the counters. They say 0930 to 1200 for submission of document.

Please advise

Sach
It's best to enquire when you get there. When I went, there was someone at the counter. Ask a couple of people though, because some people were obliviously standing in the long PIO line to go inside.

Good luck!

fed_up_of_hci
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:17 pm
Location: London

Post by fed_up_of_hci » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:07 am

smatt wrote:@ Ssachida & fed_up_of_hci,
Thanks for your replies, some are saying original surrender certificate & some no originals at all, anyhow I have submitted original with self-addressed envelop, so whatever I have sent originals should be back.
Thanks,
smatt
On the website, under "Documents Required" section, para (v) Indian Origin Proof and "Surrender Certificate" it clearly mentions original and a copy.

OCI applicants should surrender their Indian Passports in one of the VFS centres (http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/surenderind_pass.html) and submit the original Surrender Certificate & a copy of Surrender Certificate along with the OCI application. After verifying the facts the original surrender certificate will be returned to the applicant.

kiru4u
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:51 am

Post by kiru4u » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:56 am

Hi All,
I would be applying for OCI and would like to know if I can submit my application in person at the VFS office in Manchester???
The link below says there is VFS application center in manchester but it is not clear whether they accept applications in this office.

http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/contactus.html

Please can somebody advise.

mjohn
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:50 pm

Post by mjohn » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:06 am

kiru4u wrote:Hi All,
I would be applying for OCI and would like to know if I can submit my application in person at the VFS office in Manchester???
The link below says there is VFS application center in manchester but it is not clear whether they accept applications in this office.

http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/contactus.html

Please can somebody advise.
Hi kiru4u,
VFS Manchester accepts application for Surrender Certificates and Indian Visas only and not OCI Application. For this you either have to go to CGI Birmingham in person or send application alongwith relevant supporting documents via post and a postal order for paying the OCI fees. If going in person they will accept postal order and cash but no card payment or cheques. I prefer going in person, because then you do not have to leave your originals with them. They will verify and hand you back the originals then and there itself. If sending by post you need to send originals as well, and a pre-paid special delivery envelop to return your originals. Hope this info helps.

kiru4u
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:51 am

Post by kiru4u » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:27 am

mjohn wrote:
kiru4u wrote:Hi All,
I would be applying for OCI and would like to know if I can submit my application in person at the VFS office in Manchester???
The link below says there is VFS application center in manchester but it is not clear whether they accept applications in this office.

http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/contactus.html

Please can somebody advise.
Hi kiru4u,
VFS Manchester accepts application for Surrender Certificates and Indian Visas only and not OCI Application. For this you either have to go to CGI Birmingham in person or send application alongwith relevant supporting documents via post and a postal order for paying the OCI fees. If going in person they will accept postal order and cash but no card payment or cheques. I prefer going in person, because then you do not have to leave your originals with them. They will verify and hand you back the originals then and there itself. If sending by post you need to send originals as well, and a pre-paid special delivery envelop to return your originals. Hope this info helps.
Thanks a lot John.... so at CGI it is token system (limited number) right??? So I should be at the office before 8 to get a token I suppose.... ok will give it a go!!!! If not would apply through post.

vishalsoni31
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:11 pm

Post by vishalsoni31 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:38 am

Guys I have just been to submit my passport for OCI collection this morning. It is true that for OCI submission they are only issuing 150 tokens. This is for new OCI application. I got there at 1015 and they were already turning people away saying all tokens have been issued.

mjohn
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:50 pm

Post by mjohn » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:07 pm

kiru4u wrote:
mjohn wrote:
kiru4u wrote:Hi All,
I would be applying for OCI and would like to know if I can submit my application in person at the VFS office in Manchester???
The link below says there is VFS application center in manchester but it is not clear whether they accept applications in this office.

http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/contactus.html

Please can somebody advise.
Hi kiru4u,
VFS Manchester accepts application for Surrender Certificates and Indian Visas only and not OCI Application. For this you either have to go to CGI Birmingham in person or send application alongwith relevant supporting documents via post and a postal order for paying the OCI fees. If going in person they will accept postal order and cash but no card payment or cheques. I prefer going in person, because then you do not have to leave your originals with them. They will verify and hand you back the originals then and there itself. If sending by post you need to send originals as well, and a pre-paid special delivery envelop to return your originals. Hope this info helps.
Thanks a lot John.... so at CGI it is token system (limited number) right??? So I should be at the office before 8 to get a token I suppose.... ok will give it a go!!!! If not would apply through post.
Hi kiru,
I am not sure if there are any limits on the number of tokens issued per day. Whenever I went there(twice, once for me,my wife and daughter and then again for my second daughter) there were only few people in front when I reached there around 8.

fed_up_of_hci
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:17 pm
Location: London

Post by fed_up_of_hci » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:19 pm

vishalsoni31 wrote:Guys I have just been to submit my passport for OCI collection this morning. It is true that for OCI submission they are only issuing 150 tokens. This is for new OCI application. I got there at 1015 and they were already turning people away saying all tokens have been issued.
Does that mean for OCI stamping limit of 150 tokens does not apply? I am interested in HCI London process.

lion789lion
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:54 pm

Post by lion789lion » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:04 pm

Hi all i applied for OCI card and took all the documents to Birmingham office 28/01/13 this was checked and sent. Just checked the status and it states objection as it requires my parents divorce certificate. What should i do now, wait for them to contact me or take in the paperwork.

rkg1
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:22 am

Post by rkg1 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:29 pm

HI vishalsoni31

was there any queue for you when you went for OCI collection(submission of docs) in the morning at 10:15?
was it just straight forward? just wanted to know if we go before 11, would that enough?
Last edited by rkg1 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rkg1
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:22 am

Post by rkg1 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:29 pm

HI vishalsoni31

was there any queue for you when you went for OCI collection(submission of docs) in the morning at 10:15?
was it just straight forward? just wanted to know if we go before 11, would that enough?

kiru4u
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:51 am

Post by kiru4u » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:42 pm

Hi kiru,
I am not sure if there are any limits on the number of tokens issued per day. Whenever I went there(twice, once for me,my wife and daughter and then again for my second daughter) there were only few people in front when I reached there around 8.[/quote]


Thanks John.... it looks going by 8 solves the problem :)

fed_up_of_hci
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:17 pm
Location: London

Dispatched

Post by fed_up_of_hci » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:56 pm

Photo/Signature at Mission : Scanned On 18-FEB-2013
Registration Status at Mission : Granted On 04-MAR-2013
Documents Printing Status PRINTED On 23-MAR-2013
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ): NEW DELHI On 28-MAR-2013
Documents Received at LONDON NOT YET

I was checking at the HCI website and observed update to Timing

New OCI Timings effective from 02.04.2013 :
Issue of Tokens for submission of OCI applications 0830 hrs. for first 100 tokens
1030 hrs. for final 75 tokens

Opening of Counters for submission of OCI applications 0930 - 1300 hrs

For collection of OCI Visa Card

Issue of OCI tokens for collection after Submission of Passport
for OCI visa card 0830 – 1200 hrs
Collection of OCI Cards / Visa 1630 – 1700 hrs



It seems for collection token limit is not applicable, anyone has different opinion/knowledge?

Post Reply
cron