ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Post Reply
shaik719
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:38 am

Re: Birmingham OCI August timeline

Post by shaik719 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:42 am

Hi pl can any one advice me on my confusion.
My kid who born here and had Indian passport surrender this wk is eligible for OCI card. Both parents on ILR. Is it true one parent should hold OCI. Please any senior members confirm if we can go ahead with her OCI application thanks

deyga
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:08 pm
Location: UK

Re: Birmingham OCI August timeline

Post by deyga » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:31 pm

shaik719 wrote:Hi pl can any one advice me on my confusion.
My kid who born here and had Indian passport surrender this wk is eligible for OCI card. Both parents on ILR. Is it true one parent should hold OCI. Please any senior members confirm if we can go ahead with her OCI application thanks
Your kid can definitely can apply for OCI when applied in combination with OCI application of at least one parent . But OCI will 'not' be granted on kid's own application alone based on parents' ILR status.

shaik719
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:38 am

Re: Birmingham OCI August timeline

Post by shaik719 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:34 pm

deyga wrote:
shaik719 wrote:Hi pl can any one advice me on my confusion.
My kid who born here and had Indian passport surrender this wk is eligible for OCI card. Both parents on ILR. Is it true one parent should hold OCI. Please any senior members confirm if we can go ahead with her OCI application thanks
Your kid can definitely can apply for OCI when applied in combination with OCI application of at least one parent . But OCI will 'not' be granted on kid's own application alone based on parents' ILR status.
Thanks deyga so you think we should apply PIO card. And oci when parents were applying. But now we cannot apply for OCI on her own. Thank you so much to get me out of this confusion any way I think for kids it doesn't matter OCI/PIO

deyga
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:08 pm
Location: UK

Re: Birmingham OCI August timeline

Post by deyga » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:22 pm

shaik719 wrote: Thanks deyga so you think we should apply PIO card. And oci when parents were applying. But now we cannot apply for OCI on her own. Thank you so much to get me out of this confusion any way I think for kids it doesn't matter OCI/PIO

Your kid can apply for PIO now on the basis of your Indian Passports. The kid can then apply for OCI when he/she is 18 or when one of the parents apply for OCI.

shaik719
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:38 am

Re: Birmingham OCI August timeline

Post by shaik719 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:41 pm

deyga wrote:
shaik719 wrote: Thanks deyga so you think we should apply PIO card. And oci when parents were applying. But now we cannot apply for OCI on her own. Thank you so much to get me out of this confusion any way I think for kids it doesn't matter OCI/PIO

Your kid can apply for PIO now on the basis of your Indian Passports. The kid can then apply for OCI when he/she is 18 or when one of the parents apply for OCI.
Thanks deyga I'll apply for PIO soon for my kid
thank you very much for your prompt reply

ritswaney
Newbie
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:04 am

Post by ritswaney » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:00 pm

OCI Application Timeline

Date of postal application - 18/10/2013
Date of Royalmail delivery acknowledgement at London - 21/10/2013
Return of Original Surrender Certificate -
Date processed - 30/11/2013
Dispatched from New Delhi - 10/12/2013
Received at London - 11/12/2013

Collected my OCI today (30/12) at the HCI London. End of a long journey!
Thanks everyone.
Last edited by ritswaney on Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kumarcvi
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:11 pm

OCI application

Post by kumarcvi » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:49 am

Hi,
below are my timelines for OCI:

Application submitted in person at HCI London: 25/20/2013
Status as on 30/10/2013: Under process

stranger22
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:35 am

OCI delayed

Post by stranger22 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:45 am

Hello

I applied for my OCI card in person at London office on 20th Sep however, the status enquiry still shows it as under process. I can see some other guys posted his timeline where he applied on 20th Sept and got his OCI approved on 11th Oct.

Could anyone please let me know how can I enquire about my OCI application. I need to travel to India on 18th Nov and need to get the OCI before that.

Thanks

stranger22
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:35 am

Re: Yeah it took about 10 days that I say my acknowledgement

Post by stranger22 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:15 pm

Hi What is the email id you sent your mail to?
Thanks
Showy wrote:
abcdef123456 wrote:I was also in the similar situation, applied via post
got the original documents back (with no information on what is happening)
after 10 days, the status website started showing under process
so keep calm, if you have not heard anything, its under process :)
Thanks for the reassurance, I sent an e-mail over the weekend to enquire about the status which they replied to this morning giving me a different acknowledgement number, once I enquired with this all details were seen online and I was really surprised to find out that the OCI is all ready to pick up in London, everything was completed within 4 weeks, really impressed as my own took 16 weeks at Birmingham, I would defo recommend applying at London even if it is via post, as Birmingham applying in person took over 16 weeks...below is the timeline


File Acknowledgment Number GBRL********
Date Of Acknowledgment 19-JUL-2013
Registration Status at Mission LONDON
OCI- Number A*******
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 13-AUG-2013
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 14-AUG-2013
Document received At LONDON On 20-AUG-2013

Going to send passport for the stamp tomorrow via post..will update once I have received everything...

Many Thanks

deyga
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:08 pm
Location: UK

Re: OCI delayed

Post by deyga » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:18 pm

stranger22 wrote:Hello

I applied for my OCI card in person at London office on 20th Sep however, the status enquiry still shows it as under process. I can see some other guys posted his timeline where he applied on 20th Sept and got his OCI approved on 11th Oct.

Could anyone please let me know how can I enquire about my OCI application. I need to travel to India on 18th Nov and need to get the OCI before that.

Thanks
Try checking your status using your online registration number rather than acknowledgement number you might be using. May be you will get to see a different ack number .

stranger22
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:35 am

Re: OCI delayed

Post by stranger22 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:44 pm

I tried using both but still getting same results. Any contact numbers where ivxan speak to someone?

Try checking your status using your online registration number rather than acknowledgement number you might be using. May be you will get to see a different ack number .[/quote]

deyga
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:08 pm
Location: UK

Re: OCI delayed

Post by deyga » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:03 pm

stranger22 wrote:I tried using both but still getting same results. Any contact numbers where ivxan speak to someone?
Try Calling them .

020 7632 3072 /020 7836 8484
ss.oci@hcilondon.in

Not sure if ensuing Monday is a Diwali holiday for the HCI folks.

Hope this will help.

neel
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:10 pm

Re: OCI delayed

Post by neel » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:29 pm

Does anyone know if Monday is working day or holiday for the Indian High commission.Though the website says Diwali (Sunday 3 nov) is holiday just wanted to double check.

stranger22
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:35 am

Re: OCI delayed

Post by stranger22 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:20 am

Its a holiday today in Indian High commission.
neel wrote:Does anyone know if Monday is working day or holiday for the Indian High commission.Though the website says Diwali (Sunday 3 nov) is holiday just wanted to double check.

kumarcvi
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:11 pm

Re: OCI delayed

Post by kumarcvi » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:26 am

HCI website does not show today as holiday so what is the source of information for you?


[quote="stranger22"]Its a holiday today in Indian High commission.

[quote="neel"]Does anyone know if Monday is working day or holiday for the Indian High commission.Though the website says Diwali (Sunday 3 nov) is holiday just wanted to double check.[/quote][/quote]

stranger22
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:35 am

Re: OCI delayed

Post by stranger22 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:38 am

Call them and you get the message..0207368484
kumarcvi wrote:HCI website does not show today as holiday so what is the source of information for you?

stranger22 wrote:Its a holiday today in Indian High commission.
neel wrote:Does anyone know if Monday is working day or holiday for the Indian High commission.Though the website says Diwali (Sunday 3 nov) is holiday just wanted to double check.

winchesterguy
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:21 am

OCI status submission in Sep 2013

Post by winchesterguy » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:26 am

OCI Application timeline

Submission: Postal -London
Date of submission - 14-Sep-2013
Date of postal receipt - 16-Sep-2013
Acknowledgement - 08-Oct-2013
return of document - 09-Oct-2013
status : Under process


Advice for people who go in person, please be there before 7 as I went there for submission and they didnot have enough space in embassy and turned us back at 10:15am!

deyga
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:08 pm
Location: UK

Re: OCI delayed

Post by deyga » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:35 pm

Today(04/11) is a working day. A friend submitted his OCI in person today morning at HCI, London.
stranger22 wrote:Call them and you get the message..0207368484
kumarcvi wrote:HCI website does not show today as holiday so what is the source of information for you?

stranger22 wrote:Its a holiday today in Indian High commission.
neel wrote:Does anyone know if Monday is working day or holiday for the Indian High commission.Though the website says Diwali (Sunday 3 nov) is holiday just wanted to double check.

OCIApplicant
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:25 pm

Wife's last name changed

Post by OCIApplicant » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:35 pm

Hi,

I am applying for OCI has the following case.

My wife has her maiden name in her India Passport. Same was carry forward on the British Citizen certificate.

Now My wife name is changed in the British Passport.

Is anyone has gone with same process. So while applying for OCI what documents are needed for the last name change.

Thanks in advance.

deyga
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:08 pm
Location: UK

Re: Wife's last name changed

Post by deyga » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:09 pm

I would suggest the following :

1. Best option is you & your wife submit in person at HCI. Then the case officer can vet your details then and there thus avoiding anxiety of postal outcome.

2. Carry your marriage certificate in original.

3. When you go for Indian Passport surrender before you can apply for OCI, pick their brains and seek advice.


I think this is a very normal condition you are in. Marriage certificate and forms normally asking for ' any previous name' you should sail ok . Do you have your wife's name on your Indian passport as your spouse ? That will ease the issue.


Just to be super safe : See if you can get a deed poll done http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/H ... ms_id=2722 and the format should be something like this : http://passport.gov.in/cpv/ANNEXUREE_change.htm
OCIApplicant wrote:Hi,

I am applying for OCI has the following case.

My wife has her maiden name in her India Passport. Same was carry forward on the British Citizen certificate.

Now My wife name is changed in the British Passport.

Is anyone has gone with same process. So while applying for OCI what documents are needed for the last name change.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by deyga on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.

BRP
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:39 pm

Re: Wife's last name changed

Post by BRP » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:10 pm

I changed name (mine, My wife and my baby) through Legal Deed Poll after Naturalization before British Passport. While applying personally for OCI, I carried a copy of the deed poll along with original one. Please note, I did a legal copy (red round stamp) and I don't know whether normal Deed Poll valid or not?



[quote="OCIApplicant"]Hi,

I am applying for OCI has the following case.

My wife has her maiden name in her India Passport. Same was carry forward on the British Citizen certificate.

Now My wife name is changed in the British Passport.

Is anyone has gone with same process. [b]So while applying for OCI what documents are needed for the last name change.[/b]

Thanks in advance.[/quote]

OCIApplicant
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:25 pm

Re: Wife's last name changed

Post by OCIApplicant » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 pm

Thanks. Yes, she has mine name on her passport and I have her name on my passport. It was done when when we renewed our passport.
deyga wrote:I would suggest the following :

1. Best option is you & your wife submit in person at HCI. Then the case officer can vet your details then and there thus avoiding anxiety of postal outcome.

2. Carry your marriage certificate in original.

3. When you go for Indian Passport surrender before you can apply for OCI, pick their brains and seek advice.


I think this is a very normal condition you are in. Marriage certificate and forms normally asking for ' any previous name' you should sail ok . Do you have your wife's name on your Indian passport as your spouse ? That will ease the issue.

OCIApplicant wrote:Hi,

I am applying for OCI has the following case.

My wife has her maiden name in her India Passport. Same was carry forward on the British Citizen certificate.

Now My wife name is changed in the British Passport.

Is anyone has gone with same process. So while applying for OCI what documents are needed for the last name change.

Thanks in advance.

OCIApplicant
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:25 pm

Re: Wife's last name changed

Post by OCIApplicant » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:19 pm

Thanks. I was not needed deed poll to change name on British passport. Only document they asked marriage certificate and a letter that now onwards she will use changed name only.
BRP wrote:I changed name (mine, My wife and my baby) through Legal Deed Poll after Naturalization before British Passport. While applying personally for OCI, I carried a copy of the deed poll along with original one. Please note, I did a legal copy (red round stamp) and I don't know whether normal Deed Poll valid or not?


OCIApplicant wrote:Hi,

I am applying for OCI has the following case.

My wife has her maiden name in her India Passport. Same was carry forward on the British Citizen certificate.

Now My wife name is changed in the British Passport.

Is anyone has gone with same process. So while applying for OCI what documents are needed for the last name change.

Thanks in advance.

BRP
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:39 pm

Re: Wife's last name changed

Post by BRP » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:19 pm

Logically and I think, if you carry your original Marriage certificate, you will be fine. I don't think you get surrender certificate in new name as it is only issue with the name on the passport. However, when you apply for OCI you can enter new name and previous name on online application and Marriage certificate will do.... However, please double check with others as well...... Please see below link which might be useful....

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... f0ee855741

Best luck...


[quote="OCIApplicant"]Thanks. I was not needed deed poll to change name on British passport. Only document they asked marriage certificate and a letter that now onwards she will use changed name only.

[quote="BRP"]I changed name (mine, My wife and my baby) through Legal Deed Poll after Naturalization before British Passport. While applying personally for OCI, I carried a copy of the deed poll along with original one. Please note, I did a legal copy (red round stamp) and I don't know whether normal Deed Poll valid or not?



[quote="OCIApplicant"]Hi,

I am applying for OCI has the following case.

My wife has her maiden name in her India Passport. Same was carry forward on the British Citizen certificate.

Now My wife name is changed in the British Passport.

Is anyone has gone with same process. [b]So while applying for OCI what documents are needed for the last name change.[/b]

Thanks in advance.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

OCIApplicant
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:25 pm

Re: Wife's last name changed

Post by OCIApplicant » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:37 pm

Thanks. It is logical since my wife also has my name on her passport and I have her name on my passport. But you never know about Indian Embassy.
BRP wrote:Logically and I think, if you carry your original Marriage certificate, you will be fine. I don't think you get surrender certificate in new name as it is only issue with the name on the passport. However, when you apply for OCI you can enter new name and previous name on online application and Marriage certificate will do.... However, please double check with others as well...... Please see below link which might be useful....

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... f0ee855741

Best luck...

OCIApplicant wrote:Thanks. I was not needed deed poll to change name on British passport. Only document they asked marriage certificate and a letter that now onwards she will use changed name only.
BRP wrote:I changed name (mine, My wife and my baby) through Legal Deed Poll after Naturalization before British Passport. While applying personally for OCI, I carried a copy of the deed poll along with original one. Please note, I did a legal copy (red round stamp) and I don't know whether normal Deed Poll valid or not?


OCIApplicant wrote:Hi,

I am applying for OCI has the following case.

My wife has her maiden name in her India Passport. Same was carry forward on the British Citizen certificate.

Now My wife name is changed in the British Passport.

Is anyone has gone with same process. So while applying for OCI what documents are needed for the last name change.

Thanks in advance.

Post Reply
cron