Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba88, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator, sbrennan

Post Reply
takdeerwala
Member
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:49 am
India

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by takdeerwala » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:22 am

abhisheks9 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:10 am
mine is worst...applied on 29th November at VFS-Glasgow and still UNDER PROCESS :( :?
takdeerwala wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:50 pm
1 month has passed in my case 11th December to 11th January now and still Under-Process- OCI Application.

Earlier, there were cases that people were getting status changed from Under Process to Processed in 3 weeks time but now it seems that process has been delayed.
This is Bizarre. I would assume that due to less number of Indians in Scotland as compared to England and a full fledged Consulate in Edinburgh, things will move faster. I have friends in Canada, USA who are getting everything done on a single application (Renunciation as well as OCI Card) in flat 40 to 45 days even during this X-mas holidays. We are stuck in separate Renunciation, and then submitting passport when Under Process change to Processed !!!

Cf_firefly
Junior Member
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:51 am
Great Britain

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by Cf_firefly » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:01 pm

OCI Timeline for Application for 1 Minor
VFS Center: London Goswell Road
Application Date: 05th Jan 2018
Date of acknowledgement: 08th Jan 2018
Original docs Received: 11th Jan 2018
Documents Printing Status:
Dispatched From NEW DELHI:
Document received At Birmingham:
PASSPORT SUBMITTED IN PERSON:
PASSPORT AND OCI DOCUMENT RECEIVED:

alien.uk
Junior Member
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:21 am
Mood:
Great Britain

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by alien.uk » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:10 pm

No this is not dependant on the staff stregnth at the Embassies or VFS centres. Irrespective of whatever the staff, the information is sent through online channel and physical printing is done @ Delhi.

Information sent in Batches and the OCI booklets are received in batches.

The SLAs are followed strictly and the only reason for delay I think will be due to the holidays.
Because the situation is still 'under process' I expect it won't go to processed as we are nearing Shankaranti festival ... which will further delay the process.

Realistically, I believe it will be around 20th Jan , we might get to see the status change.
Alien UK
ILR received - November 2014
Applied for Naturalisation - Feb 2016
Naturalisation Approval - Mar 2016
Passport Received - April 2016

takdeerwala
Member
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:49 am
India

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by takdeerwala » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:15 am

alien.uk wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:10 pm
No this is not dependant on the staff stregnth at the Embassies or VFS centres. Irrespective of whatever the staff, the information is sent through online channel and physical printing is done @ Delhi.

Information sent in Batches and the OCI booklets are received in batches.

The SLAs are followed strictly and the only reason for delay I think will be due to the holidays.
Because the situation is still 'under process' I expect it won't go to processed as we are nearing Shankaranti festival ... which will further delay the process.

Realistically, I believe it will be around 20th Jan , we might get to see the status change.
I checked the Calendar. This year "Makar Sankranti" festival which has Central Government holiday comes on Sunday 14 th January. The only holiday in India is 26th January, Friday for this month. I was under the impression that before sending the OCI information to New Delhi for printing, the application has to be processed in Embassy/Consulate first and some delay might have been here only. Lets see-hope for next week now.

alien.uk
Junior Member
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:21 am
Mood:
Great Britain

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by alien.uk » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:30 pm

[/quote]

I checked the Calendar. This year "Makar Sankranti" festival which has Central Government holiday comes on Sunday 14 th January. The only holiday in India is 26th January, Friday for this month. I was under the impression that before sending the OCI information to New Delhi for printing, the application has to be processed in Embassy/Consulate first and some delay might have been here only. Lets see-hope for next week now.
[/quote]

Just checked my status for the application made on December 13th ... Still 'Under Process'

How about you?
Alien UK
ILR received - November 2014
Applied for Naturalisation - Feb 2016
Naturalisation Approval - Mar 2016
Passport Received - April 2016

takdeerwala
Member
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:49 am
India

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by takdeerwala » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:54 pm

alien.uk wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:30 pm


Just checked my status for the application made on December 13th ... Still 'Under Process'

How about you?
Same for me also "Under-Process". My date is same as yours- 13th December Acknowledgement. Application on 11th.

It has been very silent January so far. I have been tracking OCI Timelines of other countries also. In USA, lot of people who applied for OCI between 5th and 10th December got it around 10th January. The system there is a bit different. They get OCI card itself,not like in UK where you need to submit Passport when it says Processed.

Stillwaitings
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:26 pm
Great Britain

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by Stillwaitings » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:57 am

alien.uk wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:10 pm
No this is not dependant on the staff stregnth at the Embassies or VFS centres. Irrespective of whatever the staff, the information is sent through online channel and physical printing is done @ Delhi.

Information sent in Batches and the OCI booklets are received in batches.

The SLAs are followed strictly and the only reason for delay I think will be due to the holidays.
Because the situation is still 'under process' I expect it won't go to processed as we are nearing Shankaranti festival ... which will further delay the process.

Realistically, I believe it will be around 20th Jan , we might get to see the status change.
I agree with you that it’s the checks in India that are delaying it. But I doubt it has anything to do with holidays...the application I did for my spouse is still under process from 12th September. Factoring in Diwali, Christmas and the fact it’s a spousal application still doesn’t add up to why it’s outstanding.

abhisheks9
Member of Standing
Posts: 267
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 9:16 am
Location: Aberdeen

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by abhisheks9 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:33 am

@takdeerwala & alien.uk
my acknowledgement date is 30th November and I am still waiting
never felt this frustrated even with British Naturalization process
Disclaimer: This post does not contain legal advice

fbacker
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 8:53 am
Great Britain

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by fbacker » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:56 am

fbacker wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:17 am
OCI timeline for Application for 2 Adults & 1 Minor
VFS Center: Bradford
Application Date:9th Jan 2018
Date of acknowledgement: 11th Jan 2018
Original docs Received: 15th Jan 2018
Documents Printing Status:
Dispatched From NEW DELHI:
Document received At Birmingham:
PASSPORT SUBMITTED IN PERSON:
PASSPORT AND OCI DOCUMENT RECEIVED:

takdeerwala
Member
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:49 am
India

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by takdeerwala » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:19 pm

Stillwaitings wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:57 am


I agree with you that it’s the checks in India that are delaying it. But I doubt it has anything to do with holidays...the application I did for my spouse is still under process from 12th September. Factoring in Diwali, Christmas and the fact it’s a spousal application still doesn’t add up to why it’s outstanding.
Is it possible that delays are in Consulate / Embassy in UK itself? Surely they have to process and okay it first before sending to New Delhi. Just because our File Ref No. / Acknowledgement Number is on OCI Status enquiry website doesnt mean that it has reached India and printing procedure has started.

takdeerwala
Member
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:49 am
India

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by takdeerwala » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:24 pm

abhisheks9 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:33 am
@takdeerwala & alien.uk
my acknowledgement date is 30th November and I am still waiting
never felt this frustrated even with British Naturalization process
Very True. In April 2017 I started the process with English Test, Life in the UK Test and then NCS application in May for Citizenship. A very long wait in October after citizenship website said decision has been taken. Then get the letter, Ceremony in November, wait for Passport, then Surrender Certificate application and then OCI in December. 10 months have passed with some sort of waiting and frustration.

Stillwaitings
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:26 pm
Great Britain

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by Stillwaitings » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:49 pm

takdeerwala wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:19 pm
Stillwaitings wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:57 am


I agree with you that it’s the checks in India that are delaying it. But I doubt it has anything to do with holidays...the application I did for my spouse is still under process from 12th September. Factoring in Diwali, Christmas and the fact it’s a spousal application still doesn’t add up to why it’s outstanding.
Is it possible that delays are in Consulate / Embassy in UK itself? Surely they have to process and okay it first before sending to New Delhi. Just because our File Ref No. / Acknowledgement Number is on OCI Status enquiry website doesnt mean that it has reached India and printing procedure has started.
High commission said the application is in New Delhi waiting for clearance. I thought VFS do their checks, once done they send back the originals to you, then will send the copies provided to New Delhi. They will do checks and then print, and then send. I may be wrong, but whichever way it’s stuck somewhere.

alien.uk
Junior Member
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:21 am
Mood:
Great Britain

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by alien.uk » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:51 pm

Few year back, there was a printing problem for passports at Delhi... I think it was when they changed the made the machine readable pages , Could that be a problem? or the scrutiny process for issuing OCI have been stepped up - for EU / UK Region?
I can only think of the above two reasons...
The VFS call centre is a waste of time and they read from their guidance document and won't spell one word out of their syllabus, so calling them is useless. Moreover, the VFS call centre and the VFS staff in the UK have absolutely no connection and both are working on their own, the advises given over phone / email are not always correct when you go in person to apply at the VFS centre.
Ok Back to the OCI timelines... We just need to feel lucky if they clear the files before the Republic Day, if not then the wait will go longer with the long weekend looming large! Add to it staffs taking extra days off to make it even more loooooong weekend :)
Alien UK
ILR received - November 2014
Applied for Naturalisation - Feb 2016
Naturalisation Approval - Mar 2016
Passport Received - April 2016

alien.uk
Junior Member
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:21 am
Mood:
Great Britain

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by alien.uk » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:54 pm

takdeerwala wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:24 pm
abhisheks9 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:33 am
@takdeerwala & alien.uk
my acknowledgement date is 30th November and I am still waiting
never felt this frustrated even with British Naturalization process
Very True. In April 2017 I started the process with English Test, Life in the UK Test and then NCS application in May for Citizenship. A very long wait in October after citizenship website said decision has been taken. Then get the letter, Ceremony in November, wait for Passport, then Surrender Certificate application and then OCI in December. 10 months have passed with some sort of waiting and frustration.
You have just summerised the story of every UK - Indian settlement!
After OCI you can feel relaxed... In my case, I have completed the process for 4 in my family...
Funnily enough, I am the last person to have applied OCI and doing the waiting...!!
Alien UK
ILR received - November 2014
Applied for Naturalisation - Feb 2016
Naturalisation Approval - Mar 2016
Passport Received - April 2016

takdeerwala
Member
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:49 am
India

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by takdeerwala » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:28 pm

alien.uk wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:51 pm
Few year back, there was a printing problem for passports at Delhi... I think it was when they changed the made the machine readable pages , Could that be a problem? or the scrutiny process for issuing OCI have been stepped up - for EU / UK Region?
I can only think of the above two reasons...
The VFS call centre is a waste of time and they read from their guidance document and won't spell one word out of their syllabus, so calling them is useless. Moreover, the VFS call centre and the VFS staff in the UK have absolutely no connection and both are working on their own, the advises given over phone / email are not always correct when you go in person to apply at the VFS centre.
Ok Back to the OCI timelines... We just need to feel lucky if they clear the files before the Republic Day, if not then the wait will go longer with the long weekend looming large! Add to it staffs taking extra days off to make it even more loooooong weekend :)
Trying to track some timelines from other countries :
This one is from New York. Possibly other website forum link is not allowed to post here but his acknowledgement date was December 1st and he got his OCI on 18th january. Documents Printing Status : Processed on 18-JAN-2018. One more December 4 guy got it on Jan 11th Printing status date.

My guess is that as the deadline for conversion of PIO to OCI was 31st December, maybe there was a deluge of applications. Or are they busy cancelling unchanged PIO ha ha.

alien.uk
Junior Member
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:21 am
Mood:
Great Britain

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by alien.uk » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:21 am

Asked on Twitter and got the reply.

Please Send, following details to oci.edinburgh@mea.gov.in In order to look into your case.
1. Date of application
2. Full name on British Passport
3. British passport Number
4. File No. as on OCI application
Alien UK
ILR received - November 2014
Applied for Naturalisation - Feb 2016
Naturalisation Approval - Mar 2016
Passport Received - April 2016

takdeerwala
Member
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:49 am
India

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by takdeerwala » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:26 pm

alien.uk wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:21 am
Asked on Twitter and got the reply.

Please Send, following details to oci.edinburgh@mea.gov.in In order to look into your case.
1. Date of application
2. Full name on British Passport
3. British passport Number
4. File No. as on OCI application
Thats a good move. Please let us know what reply they give. All the Best. I will also try to find oci enquiry address of Birmingham Consulate.

pkris.k
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:02 pm

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by pkris.k » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:31 am

pkris.k wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:56 pm
pkris.k wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:41 pm
Timeline of my OCI:
Application Date: 29-DEC-2017
VFS Center: VFS Hounslow
Date of acknowledgment: 02-Jan-2018
Original docs Received:03-Jan-2018
Documents Printing Status: Processed on 22-Jan-17
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI: 22-Jan-17
Document received At London: 22-Jan-17
PASSPORT SUBMITTED IN PERSON: 23-Jan-17
PASSPORT AND OCI DOCUMENT RECEIVED:

harry1983
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:29 pm
India

Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by harry1983 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:49 pm

Timeline for my OCI
Application Date: 05-JAN-2018
VFS Center: VFS Liverpool
Date of acknowledgment: 09-Jan-2018
Original docs Received:11-Jan-2018
Documents Printing Status :
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI :
Document received At Birmingham :
PASSPORT SUBMITTED IN PERSON :
PASSPORT AND OCI DOCUMENT RECEIVED :

takdeerwala
Member
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:49 am
India

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by takdeerwala » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:48 pm

pkris.k wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:31 am
pkris.k wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:56 pm
pkris.k wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:41 pm
Timeline of my OCI:
Application Date: 29-DEC-2017
VFS Center: VFS Hounslow
Date of acknowledgment: 02-Jan-2018
Original docs Received:03-Jan-2018
Documents Printing Status: Processed on 22-Jan-17
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI: 22-Jan-17
Document received At London: 22-Jan-17
PASSPORT SUBMITTED IN PERSON: 23-Jan-17
PASSPORT AND OCI DOCUMENT RECEIVED:
Congrats Man !!! Nice to see OCI being done in 3 weeks. I am waiting since 11th december for OCI application.

Post Reply
cron