Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, sbrennan, Administrator

Post Reply
Stillwaitings
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:26 pm
Great Britain

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by Stillwaitings » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:08 am

inforthelonghaul wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:22 am
Stillwaitings wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:57 am
inforthelonghaul wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:29 am
Stillwaitings wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:37 pm


Tried that number, wasn’t any help. The email I had already emailed. Contacted VFS too but unlikely that they will be able to help. Still not had a response from the email I stated above. No idea of any other avenues to pursue...guess I will have to wait.
Hi Stillwaiting have you had any joy with your wife's OCI? I'm having the same problems however my wait hasn't been as long as yours, under process since 21st Nov. It's so frustrating.
I’m in india at the moment and thought I’d check my wife’s status...it was processed on the 8th February. Jut under 5 months. Well and the additional time for when I get back to the uk and submit her passport, etc. Hope you have had some movement on your OCI.
Thats fantastic news and well overdue. Like you my wife had to apply for a visa as we are heading off to India in just under a week however, its reassuring to know you eventually got your wife's OCI, hopefully working on your timeframe we should get my wife's in April.
Have a fantastic time. Hopefully your wife will get her application processed while you are here 😊

Stillwaitings
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:26 pm
Great Britain

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by Stillwaitings » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:10 am

takdeerwala wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:43 pm
Stillwaitings wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:57 am


I’m in india at the moment and thought I’d check my wife’s status...it was processed on the 8th February. Jut under 5 months. Well and the additional time for when I get back to the uk and submit her passport, etc. Hope you have had some movement on your OCI.
Congratulations Stillwaitings.
Thank you!

Stillwaitings
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:26 pm
Great Britain

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by Stillwaitings » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:12 am

inforthelonghaul wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:05 pm
I’m in india at the moment and thought I’d check my wife’s status...it was processed on the 8th February. Jut under 5 months. Well and the additional time for when I get back to the uk and submit her passport, etc. Hope you have had some movement on your OCI.
Thats fantastic news and well overdue. Like you my wife had to apply for a visa as we are heading off to India in just under a week however, its reassuring to know you eventually got your wife's OCI, hopefully working on your timeframe we should get my wife's in April.
[/quote]

Processed this afternoon, 12th Feb, over the moon :D
[/quote]

Just saw this...Awesome! Congrats!

fbacker
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 8:53 am
Great Britain

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by fbacker » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:58 am

fbacker wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:56 am
fbacker wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:17 am
OCI timeline for Application for 2 Adults & 1 Minor
VFS Center: Bradford
Application Date:9th Jan 2018
Date of acknowledgement: 11th Jan 2018
Original docs Received: 15th Jan 2018
Documents Printing Status: Processed on 9th Feb 2018
Dispatched From NEW DELHI: 13th Feb 2018
Document received At Birmingham: 13th Feb 2018
PASSPORT SUBMITTED IN PERSON: 14th Feb 2018
PASSPORT AND OCI DOCUMENT RECEIVED:

DesiScot
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:21 pm
Turkey

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by DesiScot » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:26 am

Hi Guys

Can someone please confirm when we submit documents in person, do we submit to the original vfs building where we submitted application or the Indian consulate(embassy) where it was sent by VFS??

PASSPORT SUBMITTED IN PERSON! where?

Thanks

takdeerwala
Member
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:49 am
India

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by takdeerwala » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:02 am

DesiScot wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:26 am
Hi Guys

Can someone please confirm when we submit documents in person, do we submit to the original vfs building where we submitted application or the Indian consulate(embassy) where it was sent by VFS??

PASSPORT SUBMITTED IN PERSON! where?

Thanks
Passport is to be submitted in person to the VFS Center where you originally submitted your OCI application.

harry1983
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:29 pm
India

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by harry1983 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:05 pm

harry1983 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:49 pm
Timeline for my OCI
Application Date: 05-JAN-2018
VFS Center: VFS Liverpool
Date of acknowledgment: 09-Jan-2018
Original docs Received:11-Jan-2018
Documents Printing Status : Processed on 08-Feb-2018
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI :09-Feb-2018
Document received At Birmingham : 09-Feb-2018
PASSPORT SUBMITTED IN PERSON at VFS Liverpool : 09-Feb-2018
PASSPORT AND OCI DOCUMENT RECEIVED : 15-Feb-2018

DesiScot
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:21 pm
Turkey

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by DesiScot » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:01 pm

takdeerwala wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:02 am
DesiScot wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:26 am
Hi Guys

Can someone please confirm when we submit documents in person, do we submit to the original vfs building where we submitted application or the Indian consulate(embassy) where it was sent by VFS??

PASSPORT SUBMITTED IN PERSON! where?

Thanks
Passport is to be submitted in person to the VFS Center where you originally submitted your OCI application.
Thanks mate.

suresh505
Newbie
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:17 pm

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by suresh505 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:36 am

I'm about to apply for OCI. I'll be travelling to India in a week's time (using eVisa). When applying for OCI at VFS office, will they return the British passport immediately? I do not need the Naturalisation certificate for travelling, so I'm okay if they return after a few days. But I do not want to take a chance with my passport.

takdeerwala
Member
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:49 am
India

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by takdeerwala » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:52 am

suresh505 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:36 am
I'm about to apply for OCI. I'll be travelling to India in a week's time (using eVisa). When applying for OCI at VFS office, will they return the British passport immediately? I do not need the Naturalisation certificate for travelling, so I'm okay if they return after a few days. But I do not want to take a chance with my passport.
They will only keep your original Renunciation of Indian Citizenship certificate which will be returned after 1 week. VFS staff will keep the attested photo-copies of your british passport, Indian passport and Naturalisation certificate They will have a look at the originals of these documents and return them to you at the same time when you go to their office for applying.

suresh505
Newbie
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:17 pm

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by suresh505 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:02 am

takdeerwala wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:52 am

They will only keep your original Renunciation of Indian Citizenship certificate which will be returned after 1 week. VFS staff will keep the attested photo-copies of your british passport, Indian passport and Naturalisation certificate They will have a look at the originals of these documents and return them to you at the same time when you go to their office for applying.
Fantastic, thank you.

surabhi
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:23 am

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by surabhi » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:47 am

Hi Any one help me with an answer pls...

I submitted my OCI application at VFS Leicester and now the status is showing as Docs received at Birmingham,after the processing..

Now where should I submit my originals? Is it at Leicestere VFS or at Birmingham consulate?

pls can aany one answer..

thanks
Surabhi

takdeerwala
Member
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:49 am
India

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by takdeerwala » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:24 am

surabhi wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:47 am
Hi Any one help me with an answer pls...

I submitted my OCI application at VFS Leicester and now the status is showing as Docs received at Birmingham,after the processing..

Now where should I submit my originals? Is it at Leicestere VFS or at Birmingham consulate?

pls can aany one answer..

thanks
Surabhi
Leicester VFS.

DesiScot
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:21 pm
Turkey

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by DesiScot » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:25 pm

Update:
Timeline of my PIO to OCI application:
Application Date: 22-DEC-2017
VFS Center: VFS Edinburgh
Date of acknowledgment: 28-DEC-2017
Original docs Received: N/A
Documents Printing Status: PROCESSED on 06/02/2018
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI: 07/02/2018
Document received At Edinburgh: 14/02/2018
PASSPORT SUBMITTED IN PERSON at VFS: 16/02/2018
PASSPORT AND OCI DOCUMENT RECEIVED:

DesiScot
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:21 pm
Turkey

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by DesiScot » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:27 pm

@Taqdeerwala

You have been very helpful for everyone. Did you get your OCI yet?

takdeerwala
Member
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:49 am
India

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by takdeerwala » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:50 pm

DesiScot wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:27 pm
@Taqdeerwala

You have been very helpful for everyone. Did you get your OCI yet?
Thanks !!! I got mine on 3rd February.
Best Wishes !!!

guptaarchitag
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:59 am
Czech Republic

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by guptaarchitag » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:14 pm

Date Of Acknowledgment: 06-FEB-2018
Documents Printing Status: UNDER-PROCESS

fbacker
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 8:53 am
Great Britain

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by fbacker » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:07 am

fbacker wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:58 am
fbacker wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:56 am
fbacker wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:17 am
OCI timeline for Application for 2 Adults & 1 Minor
VFS Center: Bradford
Application Date:9th Jan 2018
Date of acknowledgement: 11th Jan 2018
Original docs Received: 15th Jan 2018
Documents Printing Status: Processed on 9th Feb 2018
Dispatched From NEW DELHI: 13th Feb 2018
Document received At Birmingham: 13th Feb 2018
PASSPORT SUBMITTED IN PERSON: 14th Feb 2018
PASSPORT AND OCI DOCUMENT RECEIVED:20th Feb 2018

PariJ
Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:33 am

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by PariJ » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:18 pm

Hi,

Online status of my OCI applicatiom says its is processed and sent to VFS london.

Do i need to book an appointment to submit my british passport at VFS centre or walk in is accepted?

I cant find any appointment for next 2 weeks.

Thank you for your input.

takdeerwala
Member
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:49 am
India

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by takdeerwala » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:53 pm

PariJ wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:18 pm
Hi,

Online status of my OCI applicatiom says its is processed and sent to VFS london.

Do i need to book an appointment to submit my british passport at VFS centre or walk in is accepted?

I cant find any appointment for next 2 weeks.

Thank you for your input.
Hi !!
You can walk-in at VFS Center without any appointment for Passport submission. Generally 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM they accept Passports for OCI.

Post Reply