nickcooluz wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:12 am
bcilr18 wrote: ↑
Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:49 am
nickcooluz wrote: ↑
Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:37 am
I need some advise.
1. What day/time appointments are made available on HCIlondon website as they are all fully booked for Birmingham and Leicester from past few weeks and I have been checking regularly but no luck!
2. I'm unable to find my surrender certificate and wanted to check if there is an alternative document I attach to my application. The photocopy of my old indian passport help in this case?
1. All VFS centers are open now. From others' experiences, seems like the slots kind of refresh at 6.30pm daily. It is true that their website is getting a lot of traffic and crashes but will have to keep trying till you get one.
2. You can combine your documents into one and upload in the most relevant category. I combined the below and uploaded
a. CURRENT PASSPORT - British passort, naturlaization certificate and driving licence
b. EMPLOYMENT/WORK LETTER - Employment letter and payslip (payslip wasn't required)
c. PREVIOUS INDIAN PASSPORT OF SELF - Cancelled indian passport and Surrender certificate
You can refer this link (if moderators permit) for detailed process of oci application third party weblink removed by moderator
- you can read the comments for that blog for faqs.
Thanks for your kind reply.
I still have a question on the point c. above - Unfortunately I have misplaced my surrender certificate and only have a copy of my old indian passport. Would it be a problem if I don't submit the surrender certificate with my application for OCI? Is there a way to request for a copy of my surrender certificate again from the Indian embassy?
Surrender certificate is mandatory for OCI application. This needs to be uploaded prior to your VFS appointment. VFS will check the uploaded documents at the time of appointment and will notify you. You cannot go ahead with the application past this stage.
I'm not sure which scenario you fit into;
1. Applicants who got foreign nationality after May 2010 require Surrender Certificate for OCI application
2. Applicants who got foreign nationality before May 2010 require some sort of affidavit to prove being an Indian citizen
3. Applicants who lost Surrender cert after May 2010 need to apply again by contacting VFS and Indian consulate. Your chances are stronger provided you have the cancelled indian passport and its photocopies, copy of the original surrender certificate, copy of the vfs appointment receipts, letters etc, all have to be submitted as evidence to reissue.
Just collected all the above info from various forums and gov websites. Best approach is to contact directly the vfs centre and consulate. Will speed up your process.