ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, Administrator

Post Reply
RedBlue
Junior Member
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:35 pm
India

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by RedBlue » Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:12 pm

Minor OCI application

Document submission date: 23/11/2022
Location: Groswell London
Acknowledgment: No acknowledgment email
Original Doc received:24/11/2022
OCI application status: UNDER-PROCESS

RedBlue
Junior Member
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:35 pm
India

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by RedBlue » Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:19 pm

RedBlue wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:12 pm
Minor OCI application

Document submission date: 23/11/2022
Location: Groswell London
Acknowledgment: 24/11/2022
Original Doc received: 28/11/2022
OCI application status: UNDER-PROCESS

hrasp123
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:11 am
Mood:
India

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by hrasp123 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:46 am

single OCI application

Document submission date: 02/11/2022
Location: Goswell London
Acknowledgment: No email. Check status on OCI site in 48 hours.
Original Doc received:08/11/2022
OCI application status page changes: 24/11/2022 Document printing/Processed/OCI number displayed
OCI Card received: 29/11/2022 (DX tracked delivery)

Overall, fast processing. Before the appointment, take care to upload all requested documents in any available section or merge some documents into one file.

sahaic123
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:12 am
India

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by sahaic123 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:35 pm

sahaic123 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:36 pm
Hi all,

I'm a bit worried about my OCI coming in time. My flight for India is on the night of the 6th December.

Documents submission date: 02/11/2022
Location: VFS, London - Goswell Road, UK
Acknowledgement: 03/11/2022
Original Doc received:08/11/2022
OCI application status: PROCESSED as of 24/11/2022

Does processed mean it is printing? Are there other status after this one? For example, "PRINTING" or something similar?

What has been the experience of others in Goswell? I also live in London (Zone 3) so I'm hoping the delivery is quick.

Is the OCI number enough to travel with?
Hi guys,

I got my OCI delivered on Tuesday - so final timelines are:

Documents submission date: 02/11/2022
Location: VFS, London - Goswell Road, UK
Acknowledgement: 03/11/2022
Original Doc received:08/11/2022
OCI application status: PROCESSED as of 24/11/2022
OCI delivered: 27/11/2022

Kpatel51
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:49 am

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by Kpatel51 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:18 pm

Foreign spouse OCI

Appointment date: 27 October 2022
Location: London Goswell
Acknowledgement: 28 October 2022
Original documents received: 1 November 2022
Documents Printing Status: processed on 12 December 2022


How long would it take now? Does that mean OCI has been printed and just needs to be posted?

nikhilshah
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:20 pm

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by nikhilshah » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:19 am

Multiple OCI applications (3 Adults)

Document submission date: 02/11/2022
Location: London Hounslow
Acknowledgment: 03/11/2022
Original Docs received:08/11/2022
OCI application status page updated: 24/11/2022 Document printing/Processed/OCI number displayed
OCI Cards received: 30/11/2022 (DX tracked delivery)

There were no issues with the applications and pretty quick service. On the day of appointment I was called about 30 minutes after the scheduled appointment time and it took about 45 minutes to process the 3 applications. So did not have to spend a long time in the Centre. The Centre was very busy due to the Visa applications. As various people have mentioned on this forum, though the guidelines can be slightly confusing, if all the steps are followed then the application process is pretty simple. Gathering the information requested probably takes the most time.

I did see various people being asked to come back due to incorrect photos or copies of documents not being provided.

Overall it was a smooth process.

Good to luck everyone who is in the process of applying!

nikhilshah
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:20 pm

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by nikhilshah » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:24 am

Kpatel51 wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:18 pm
Foreign spouse OCI

Appointment date: 27 October 2022
Location: London Goswell
Acknowledgement: 28 October 2022
Original documents received: 1 November 2022
Documents Printing Status: processed on 12 December 2022


How long would it take now? Does that mean OCI has been printed and just needs to be posted?
Hopefully the card should arrive in the next few days, if you have not received it already. It all depends on the method of Delivery you chose as Royal mail deliveries may take longer due to strike action.

cvn
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:27 am
India

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by cvn » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:47 am

Document submission date: 03/11/2022
Location: Birmingham
Acknowledgment: No acknowledgment email
Original Doc received:08/11/2022
OCI application status: UNDER-PROCESS

Kpatel51
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:49 am

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by Kpatel51 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:55 am

nikhilshah wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:24 am
Kpatel51 wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:18 pm
Foreign spouse OCI

Appointment date: 27 October 2022
Location: London Goswell
Acknowledgement: 28 October 2022
Original documents received: 1 November 2022
Documents Printing Status: processed on 12 December 2022


How long would it take now? Does that mean OCI has been printed and just needs to be posted?
Hopefully the card should arrive in the next few days, if you have not received it already. It all depends on the method of Delivery you chose as Royal mail deliveries may take longer due to strike action.

Still waiting on it. Yeah I provided Royal Mail silver envelopes because I was advised they were quicker than DX as they delivered on Saturdays but back then I wasn’t aware of the strikes. Hopefully next week it should arrive.

Kpatel51
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:49 am

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by Kpatel51 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:38 pm

Foreign spouse OCI

Appointment date: 27 October 2022
Location: London Goswell
Acknowledgement: 28 October 2022
Original documents received: 1 November 2022
Processed: 12 December 2022
Received OCI: 20 December 2022

Almost 8 weeks.

cvn
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:27 am
India

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by cvn » Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:08 am

Appointment date: 03 November 2022
Location: Birmingham
Original documents received: 08 November 2022
Processed: 16 December 2022
Received OCI: 23 December 2022

lotus1234
Newbie
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:24 pm

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by lotus1234 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:55 pm

Hi,

I submitted the application at VFS B'ham 10 days back. They didn't check any originals except British passport which returned to me and submitted the application with copies of all requested documents.

I am confused as people updating the status with 'Original Documents Received' data in this thread. Does this mean my application would be rejected and needs to submit again with original documents?

ride_withme
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:03 pm
India

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by ride_withme » Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:34 pm

Hi guys,
After acquiring British citizenship through naturalisation, I have surrendered the Indian passport and received the surrender certificate.
Planning on applying for OCI card now, can someone please advice on the necessary documents please....especially when it requires proof of employment....does it need a letter from the employer or a payslip or P60 be enough.
I have....copies of British passport....previous indian passport ....marriage certificate.....surrender certificate at the moment.
Please advice.

ride_withme
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:03 pm
India

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by ride_withme » Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:43 pm

Hi guys,
After acquiring British citizenship through naturalisation, I have surrendered the Indian passport and received the surrender certificate.
Planning on applying for OCI card now, can someone please advice on the necessary documents please....especially when it requires proof of employment....does it need a letter from the employer or a payslip or P60 be enough.
I have....copies of British passport....previous indian passport ....marriage certificate.....surrender certificate at the moment.
Please advice.

bubbly123
Member
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 12:15 pm

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by bubbly123 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:04 pm

Recently applied for Oci! Documents you must upload mandatory
Don’t forget your appointment printout if 3 application take 3 appointment printout they will not let you inn if your forget to take it.
Copy of application with 2x2 photo pasted and 1 photo has to be given during the appointment.
1. Surrendered Indian passport first and last page
2. Surrender certificate
3. British passport copy
4. Naturalisation certificate
5 Address proof Driving licence or other council tax bill as bank statements not accepted.
6. For employment take a letter from your employer or recent payslip. If self employed recent tax returns.
7. Marriage certificate for married.

Mandatory photo copies to submit
Surrendered Indian passport
Surrender certificate
British passport
Naturalisation certificate
Driving licence or council tax bill etc for address proof
Marriage certificate photo copies
Employment photo copies

Original documents they will take it with them
Surrendered Indian passport
Surrender certificate
Marriage certificate
Naturalisation certificate original.

If possible merge all documents together.

Passport size photos are expensive so go to
www.cutout.pro.com go to menu and create Indian passport phot just upload your photo from phon or desktop it will create the 2x2 photo but you can take 2 copies in a maxi size if you go to a photo print out shop they will charge you £0.59 instead of paying £15. To merge and edit pdf go to www.123apps.com it’s 100 percent free to edit pdf, merge and reduce size. Hope it helps.

handyring
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:11 pm

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by handyring » Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:07 pm

Hi friends, anybody has any recent timeline for their OCI application ? I applied in Birmingham on 30th November 22, it’s still under process.

yasir ali
Newbie
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:12 pm
Mood:
India

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by yasir ali » Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:02 pm

bubbly123 wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:04 pm
Recently applied for Oci! Documents you must upload mandatory
Don’t forget your appointment printout if 3 application take 3 appointment printout they will not let you inn if your forget to take it.
Copy of application with 2x2 photo pasted and 1 photo has to be given during the appointment.
1. Surrendered Indian passport first and last page
2. Surrender certificate
3. British passport copy
4. Naturalisation certificate
5 Address proof Driving licence or other council tax bill as bank statements not accepted.
6. For employment take a letter from your employer or recent payslip. If self employed recent tax returns.
7. Marriage certificate for married.

Mandatory photo copies to submit
Surrendered Indian passport
Surrender certificate
British passport
Naturalisation certificate
Driving licence or council tax bill etc for address proof
Marriage certificate photo copies
Employment photo copies

Original documents they will take it with them
Surrendered Indian passport
Surrender certificate
Marriage certificate
Naturalisation certificate original.

If possible merge all documents together.

Passport size photos are expensive so go to
www.cutout.pro.com go to menu and create Indian passport phot just upload your photo from phon or desktop it will create the 2x2 photo but you can take 2 copies in a maxi size if you go to a photo print out shop they will charge you £0.59 instead of paying £15. To merge and edit pdf go to www.123apps.com it’s 100 percent free to edit pdf, merge and reduce size. Hope it helps.
That info is so valuable, thank you for such a detailed explanation and mainly for the photo I paid £21 for my photo!!

bubbly123
Member
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 12:15 pm

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by bubbly123 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:03 am

Applied on the 30th of December in London Goswell road. No updates yet.

Rajeev123
Member
Posts: 162
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:23 am

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by Rajeev123 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:33 pm

Hi,

I am making the application for our minor. Can you please help me with all the documents i should upload and also can you confirm if I need to take the physical photos of the kids also, or just the digital photos uploaded will work?

yasir ali
Newbie
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:12 pm
Mood:
India

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by yasir ali » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:27 pm

Rajeev123 wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:33 pm
Hi,

I am making the application for our minor. Can you please help me with all the documents i should upload and also can you confirm if I need to take the physical photos of the kids also, or just the digital photos uploaded will work?
yes you need two physical photos - make sure the photos are same as the digital one you uploaded and attached on the form.

lotus1234
Newbie
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:24 pm

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by lotus1234 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:21 pm

handyring wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:07 pm
Hi friends, anybody has any recent timeline for their OCI application ? I applied in Birmingham on 30th November 22, it’s still under process.
Have you got any updates yet? I have applied on 19th Dec and status still shows under process

bubbly123
Member
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 12:15 pm

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by bubbly123 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:45 pm

Just checked and got an update saying it is processed.
Applied: 30/12/2022 London Goswell road.
Original documents received: 5th of Jan
Application printing processed and printed:24th of January 2023 updated online on the 26/01/2023.

Post Reply
cron