ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pakistan Visa Query (URGENT)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

samwise1
Saudi Arabia

Pakistan Visa Query (URGENT)

Post by samwise1 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:41 pm

Hi Guys,

I hope this is the right place to post this question as I'm struggling to find an answer.

My partner is a Romanian Christian based in the UK I'm a Pakistani national but was born & bred in Saudi Arabia. We are civil partnered as we didn't want to bring any religious ceremony into our relationship so both religions can be respected.

Questions:

- Is Civil partnership accepted in Pakistan between the opposite sex?
- If a Civil partnership is not accepted, will they issue her partner/spouse visa?
- Any other info on this topic, if others know and would like to suggest, will be amazing :)

God Bless

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Pakistan Visa Query (URGENT)

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:37 am

Hello

Usually Civil Unions similar forms of partnerships are not recognised in Muslim countries. In some places, it can even get you into troubles as it can be considered as against morality and public order. Also, in your interaction with them, please avoid telling them you are in an "opposite sex" relationship or any other words of that effect. For them, a relationship is always between partners of the opposite sex without the need to specifity.

You can get a civil marriage anywhere and it will be accepted. It doesn't have to be under the rules of any specific religion.

samwise1
Saudi Arabia

Re: Pakistan Visa Query (URGENT)

Post by samwise1 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:04 pm

Hi Mate,

Thanks for replying to the post.

Yes, Muslim countries don't accept Civil unions between opposite-sex. I've confirmed it with the embassy. And they will not issue a visa to my partner, in this case, the Pakistan government.

Plus, my partner doesn't want to do an Islamic ceremony, which is causing issues; hence we did a civil partnership, no religious vows etc.