ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PCC for OCI (British National) at HCI, London

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kumarbala
Newly Registered

PCC for OCI (British National) at HCI, London

Post by kumarbala » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:27 pm

Hi,
I would like to apply for PCC at HCI London. But the information provided online and also by VFS support email seems to be misleading.

1. I cannot seem to find the offline forms for applying PCC at HCI London
2. According to VFS website, both Indian nationals and non-Indian nationals have to fill in the online form here
https://portal3.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html
3. But the website clearly states that it is meant for Indians living abroad
4. When I try to fill in the form, it will not allow me to enter British Passport number (9 digits) and it will only accept a maximum of 8 digits

Would be great to hear from anyone (non-Indian nationals with OCI) who has obtained PCC recently. Thank you.

anv1
Newly Registered
India

Re: PCC for OCI (British National) at HCI, London

Post by anv1 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:22 am

Sorry to be nosy, but why do you need a PCC if you already hold OCI?

xebec
Australia

Post by xebec » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:44 am

kumarbala wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:27 pm
Hi,
I would like to apply for PCC at HCI London. But the information provided online and also by VFS support email seems to be misleading.

1. I cannot seem to find the offline forms for applying PCC at HCI London
2. According to VFS website, both Indian nationals and non-Indian nationals have to fill in the online form here
https://portal3.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html
3. But the website clearly states that it is meant for Indians living abroad
4. When I try to fill in the form, it will not allow me to enter British Passport number (9 digits) and it will only accept a maximum of 8 digits

Would be great to hear from anyone (non-Indian nationals with OCI) who has obtained PCC recently. Thank you.
You would have to check with VFS how to manually process the application. It may require some paperwork to be filled in and submitted along with a reason why you need the clearance.

xebec
Australia

Post by xebec » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:47 am

anv1 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:22 am
Sorry to be nosy, but why do you need a PCC if you already hold OCI?
Many reasons. To apply for a permanent visa elsewhere or a security clearance, you have to produce police clearances from countries you have resided in for more than 3 months over the last 5 years (or sometimes 10 years).