ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PIO application for British child to parents on ILR

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

holmes555
Newly Registered

PIO application for British child to parents on ILR

Post by holmes555 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:22 pm

Respected members,

My daughter was born in the UK when I was on work permit. Now my wife and I both have ILR and my daughter has been registered as a British Citizen. She has also received her British passport. I now wish to apply for her PIO and this post is around the same.

1. What documents do I need to submit to prove that she is of an Indian origin? We (parents) still hold Indian Passports along with the ILR. Will these documents suffice?

2. There is a question in the PIO application form that asks:

7. Nationality (at the time of birth):

I am a bit confused. What was her nationality between the time when she was born in UK till she was registered as a British Citizen?

3. Again there is a question that asks:

11. Have you held any nationality other than present one? Yes/No

Is this question related to my query (item 2) above?

4. I have noticed that there is HC of India in Birmingham as well that offers PIO services. Their PIO form differs from the HC of India in London primarily on one question as below:

Question 15 as per HCI London PIO form:

15. Have you or your parents or grand parents were born and were permanently resident in territories falling in present day India, Pakistan and Bangladesh,as on 30/03/1999. If yes, please give the following details:

Question 14 as per HCI Birmingham PIO form:

Were you or your parents or grant parents born and were resident in territories falling in present day Pakistan and Bangladesh. If yes, please give the following details:

So, if I am applying from HCI London, what information do I put in for this question?

5. We live in South West (Wiltshire), are we eligible to apply from Birmingham? Any recommendations on which HCI to choose to apply for PIO?

Thanks for all your help.

PG1983

Post by PG1983 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:38 pm

1. I cannot recall what documents exactly that I submitted when I applied for PIO for my son but from what I recall Parents passport, child's passport and birth certificate should be sufficient. Please remember to take a photocopy of all the documents as they don't keep the originals when you apply in person, only the photocopy.

2. Put Indian as she was registered British at a later date.

3. Yes, Indian

4. Fill in the form of the HCI that you are going to apply in.

5. From my experience, CGI Birmingham is easier to access and less busy but it depends on which is easier for you.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:43 pm

Most posts used to say that Birmingham has considerable delay as compared to London.

dewang81
Newly Registered
India

Re: PIO application for British child to parents on ILR

Post by dewang81 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:43 pm

Hi holmes555,

I am also in the same situation now as you were. I am applying in HCI London since I live in London. Can you please let me know what did you enter for question 15 viz.
15. Have you or your parents or grand parents were born and were permanently resident in territories falling in present day India, Pakistan and Bangladesh,as on 30/03/1999. If yes, please give the following details:

Thanks & Regards,
Dewang Dave.