ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please advise if my younger son can travel India with British passport expiring in few months?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

prvnrk

Please advise if my younger son can travel India with British passport expiring in few months?

Post by prvnrk » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:48 pm

Hello Mods & experts,
we are a family of 4 members (me, my wife, daughter and son) and all of us are British citizens with OCI cards. My younger son is aged 5 and his british passport is going expire on 11 nov 2019.
We planned to make a trip to India from 20th July to 4th Sep 2019.

But as per this link https://www.mea.gov.in/oci-related-matters.htm , it says passport should have minimum validity of 6 months during the travel.

an excerpt -
Q: I have a valid OCI Card and a valid foreign passport. Is there any minimum validity specified for my foreign passport?
A:
You will be allowed entry into India if you have a valid OCI Card and a valid foreign passport, with a minimum remaining validity of six months. You do not need to carry the old passport on which your "U” (OCI) Visa was stamped, if that happens to be different from your current passport.

Could anyone please confirm if this is OK to travel with current passport/OCI OR we should renew his British passport AND then get his OCI as well before travel?

Many thanks!!