ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renewal of Indian Passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gskall
India

Renewal of Indian Passport

Post by gskall » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:01 pm

Hi All,

I am a tier-2 dependant living in london. My indian passport is going to expire in 3 months..so want to go for renewal of passport ASAP.
As i am going for renewal i want to change my surname to my husband's. In my previous passport it was different as it is issued before my marriage.
Even my entry clearance and my current tier2 dependant visa also states my previous surname.(All bank statements, other proofs in uk has old surname only)
I want to change my address as well on my passport as it is my address during college days. Now i want to change either to my parents or in-laws address.
I have aadhar card with my old surname and my parents address. i have marriage certificate to prove my relationship with my spouse.
With these 2 proofs will i be able to go for renewal(surname and address change)
I am fine to keep my in-laws address as well(in this case can i submit my marriage certificate and spouse passport as proof)? My spouse passport also don't have my name in it as it was issued before marriage.
If i change my surname in passport will it affect my next tier-2 extenstion and eventually ILR?

or

Is it better to keep same surname and change it when getting British passport?

Thanks in advance