ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renouncing Pakistani Citizenship

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Newly Registered

Renouncing Pakistani Citizenship

Post by 134523452 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:44 pm

I want to renounce Pakistani citizenship but really struggling to find out the procedure. I am very busy and live far from London. All the phone numbers on the Pakistani embassy London website do not work (no one answers the call). (I know that some of you may say that I do not need to return the citizenship. I know that :) ) Does anyone know the procedure or has recently renounced the citizenship? How long does the procedure take? Many thanks in advance. I am happy to pay a solicitor to renounce the citizenship on my behalf, if thats possible. (Not too sure what solicitor to look for as its not an immigration matter. Not sure which category it comes under.)

anisaa
Newly Registered

Re: Renouncing Pakistani Citizenship

Post by anisaa » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:47 am

Just visit the embassy- Mon-Fri between 9-12 a.m and pick up the 'renunciation of citizenship form'. Embassy never answer or return the phone calls.

Five photographs, Letter stating reasons for Renunciation, copy of british passport-british nationality certificate are requirements for renunciation of Pakistani citizenship. Just take the required docs back to embassy for submission.

anisaa
Newly Registered

Post by anisaa » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:40 pm

Fee is £12

Newly Registered

Post by 134523452 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:26 pm

Thank you. All done. The information you gave is correct. Waiting for the renunciation certificate from the Pakistani authorities now.

- 5 copies of everything
- 1 original renunciation form + 4 copies (sign the form and write your mobile/telephone number under your name)
- 5 photographs
- 5 copies of the Pakistani passport (if more than one Pakistani passport then 5 copies of all the passports)
- 5 copies of British naturalisation certificate
- 5 copies of British passport
- 5 copies of Pakistani ID card or NIC
- 5 copies + original letter stating the reason why you want to renounce the citizenship
- 5 copies + original letter stating that you do not have any other Pakistani documents
- Surrender original Pakistani passport(s)
- Surrender original Pakistani ID card or NIC

anisaa
Newly Registered

Post by anisaa » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:48 pm

Hey what reason you had to mention to renounce Pakistani nationality? And have you received the certificate yet? Thank you

san97
Newly Registered

Post by san97 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:47 am

Apologies for bumping an old thread but thought it might be helpful to know that the renunciation requirements are pretty faithful to the london consulate's website - at least that was the case with my recent application.

https://phclondon.org/consular/renunciation/