ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T2G dependant Visa from inside UK for newborn baby before receiving Indian passport or birth certificate

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dewdrops1420

UK born Indian passport (within one year of birth of child)

Post by dewdrops1420 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:36 pm

Hi,

I submitted my newborn daughter's birth registration at HCI yesterday and they asked me to collect it in person after 3 weeks.
I'm really surprised as everyone here has posted that they got it in 10 working days.
Should I go after 10 working days and check if it's ready or is there any helpline number through which I can check the status?

Thanks,
Dewdrops

srsw

Re: UK born Indian passport (within one year of birth of child)

Post by srsw » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:11 pm

dewdrops1420 wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:36 pm
Hi,

I submitted my newborn daughter's birth registration at HCI yesterday and they asked me to collect it in person after 3 weeks.
I'm really surprised as everyone here has posted that they got it in 10 working days.
Should I go after 10 working days and check if it's ready or is there any helpline number through which I can check the status?

Thanks,
Dewdrops
They do publish a number if you want to know the status. Check their FAQ page.

But it's such a waste of time.. literally! I was on the phone for one hour before someone actually answered it. Good luck.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

dewdrops1420

T2G dependant Visa from inside UK for newborn baby before receiving Indian passport or birth certificate

Post by dewdrops1420 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:27 pm

Hi,

I want to apply visa for my new born daughter.
I have just applied for birth registration in high commission of india in London. My doubt is can I apply for her visa before applying for passport and receiving the Indian birth certificate?
I need to travel to India by august hence trying to save time and priority service money of visa.
When I filled the visa online application it's allowing me to complete the application and asking me to submit just the baby's photo and full birth certificate which I guess is the uk birth certificate .
Can someone tell me if my understanding is correct.

Thanks ,
Dewdrops

dewdrops1420

Re: UK born Indian passport (within one year of birth of child)

Post by dewdrops1420 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:29 pm

Thanks srsw.

Do you know if I can apply for visa before getting Indian passport and birth certificate z
I read it in one site that it's possible.

dewdrops1420

UK born Indian passport (within one year of birth of child)

Post by dewdrops1420 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:11 pm

Ok thanks.

Even I read in other sites about it and I'm able to complete visa application online also.They are just asking photo and UK birth certificate.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: T2G dependant Visa from inside UK for newborn baby before receiving Indian passport or birth certificate

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:21 pm

All posts merged. No need for multiple duplicate topics/posts.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: T2G dependant Visa from inside UK for newborn baby before receiving Indian passport or birth certificate

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:22 pm

dewdrops1420 wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:27 pm
Hi,

I want to apply visa for my new born daughter.
I have just applied for birth registration in high commission of india in London. My doubt is can I apply for her visa before applying for passport and receiving the Indian birth certificate?
I need to travel to India by august hence trying to save time and priority service money of visa.
When I filled the visa online application it's allowing me to complete the application and asking me to submit just the baby's photo and full birth certificate which I guess is the uk birth certificate .
Can someone tell me if my understanding is correct.

Thanks ,
Dewdrops
You also should post your Tier 2 dependent questions in the Tier 2 Sub Forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.