ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tourist visa for minor flying out on 19th

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ric1982
Member of Standing

Tourist visa for minor flying out on 19th

Post by ric1982 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:49 pm

Hi,

Both parents are BC with OCI and child (9 year old) just got first British passport.

We applied for surrender her indian passport and also applied for the tourist visa at the same time. Both application made on 04/07/2022. The surrder of passport came back on 05/07/2022 however there is still no news on Tourist visa. We applied via VFS Birmingham.

- VFS birmingham didnt said anything about applying for tourist or entry visa. (I saw some thread where its been advised to apply for entry visa rather then toursist visa). Did we made a mistake by applying for tourist visa?
- VFS birmingham also didnt said any self attesting the documents. Just accepted the photocopies. Is this going to be a problem?

We are very worried. We got our flight booked on 19/07 and we are fearing that we might miss our holidays due this error!

Please advise!

Thanks

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: Tourist visa for minor flying out on 19th

Post by dontringthebell » Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:42 am

ric1982 wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:49 pm
Hi,

Both parents are BC with OCI and child (9 year old) just got first British passport.

We applied for surrender her indian passport and also applied for the tourist visa at the same time. Both application made on 04/07/2022. The surrder of passport came back on 05/07/2022 however there is still no news on Tourist visa. We applied via VFS Birmingham.

- VFS birmingham didnt said anything about applying for tourist or entry visa. (I saw some thread where its been advised to apply for entry visa rather then toursist visa). Did we made a mistake by applying for tourist visa? no mistake, you can apply either, entry visa is usually issued on priority for emergency reasons, but has also been issued for usual travel
- VFS birmingham also didnt said any self attesting the documents. Just accepted the photocopies. Is this going to be a problem? no issues with that either

We are very worried. We got our flight booked on 19/07 and we are fearing that we might miss our holidays due this error! Delay could be due to them updating records for surrender of passport, to classify for visa.

Please advise!

Thanks
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:02 pm

Thanks,

Its been 8 days today. Applied on 04/07... What are the chances of getting visa by 18/07 ? (Given the complexity of passport surrender)

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:35 pm

Just to know got the visa today. The IHC Birmingham was very helpful in their email response.

Thanks for all the response.