ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel to India on British passport on an Indian e-visa without Surrendering Indian passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

amitfalana
India

Travel to India on British passport on an Indian e-visa without Surrendering Indian passport

Post by amitfalana » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:01 am

Dears,
My daughter has received her British citizenship (she was born in UK, and her mom received ILR) recently (14/07) and her British passport is on its way (wow!).

My wife and I (Indians still) wish to travel to India... For that, can my daughter get an Indian e-visa without surrendering her Indian passport. The only reason for this is that it would take days and weeks to get an appointment to surrender Indian passport, and we will miss the holidays window! :(

So ideally, we wish to apply for her Indian e-visa using her British passport, travel to India using her British passport and Indian e-visa, return to UK and then surrender her Indian passport.

PS: We intend to return to UK within the 3 months grace period allowed by Indian government.

Regards,
Amit

as1501
Newly Registered

Re: Travel to India on British passport on an Indian e-visa without Surrendering Indian passport

Post by as1501 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:14 pm

3 month grace period is for travel, until you receive the foreign passport.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: Travel to India on British passport on an Indian e-visa without Surrendering Indian passport

Post by dontringthebell » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:29 pm

Pre-Covid regular times .....

You could have travelled without surrendering indian passport though there have been cases whereby they refused e-visa without surrender of Indian passport.

However, at the moment e-visa is suspended. You can write to indian high commission for emergency visa citing your reasons though highly likely they won’t be forthcoming until incessant need present.

Earliest available appointment would be for 4th October 2021, it would open around 7:30 p.m. tonight. Whatever you decide at least book the next available appointment.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI