ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel to India Post Online OCI renewal (Minors)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

harrygurbani
Newly Registered

Travel to India Post Online OCI renewal (Minors)

Post by harrygurbani » Fri May 27, 2022 7:38 pm

Hi Members,

I recently renewed both my Kids OCI online and the process was very straight forward. I received an email for both applications confirming that their updated details including their new passport number was taken on record.
I am wondering if that is all or are am I still due to receive any other form of confirmation that can be presented at the Indian Immigration/Airport? I emailed info.ociuk@vfshelpline.com and helpdesk-oci@gov.in last month asking for advice but I have not heard from them. I emailed again but no luck.
Do we have to carry their Old and New British Passports along with their OCI booklets?
I read in this post that we can take a print out or a screenshot of the email confirming that details have been updated. Has anyone had any issues even after presenting a printout?

other-countries/oci-renewal-t326729.html

Thanks so much for your help,

Regards,

Haresh

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: Travel to India Post Online OCI renewal (Minors)

Post by dontringthebell » Fri May 27, 2022 8:04 pm

harrygurbani wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 7:38 pm
Hi Members,

I recently renewed both my Kids OCI online and the process was very straight forward. I received an email for both applications confirming that their updated details including their new passport number was taken on record.
I am wondering if that is all or are am I still due to receive any other form of confirmation that can be presented at the Indian Immigration/Airport? I emailed info.ociuk@vfshelpline.com and helpdesk-oci@gov.in last month asking for advice but I have not heard from them. I emailed again but no luck. You would receive another email probably in around 4 weeks time from the date you updated the information.
Do we have to carry their Old and New British Passports along with their OCI booklets? Yes
I read in this post that we can take a print out or a screenshot of the email confirming that details have been updated. Has anyone had any issues even after presenting a printout? Yes

other-countries/oci-renewal-t326729.html

Thanks so much for your help,

Regards,

Haresh
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

harrygurbani
Newly Registered

Post by harrygurbani » Sat May 28, 2022 11:42 am

Thanks for your prompt reply. Much appreciated

Their applications were submitted on the 3rd of April 2022. I received 2 emails on the day of submission:
1. Dear,
Thank you for completing Part-B of OCI- Application on 03/Apr/2022 01:11 IST .
Your File-number is GBRBXXXXX for all future reference.
2. Dear,
Your application bearing MHA file number GBRBXXXX for uploading of documents in connection with your OCI card No. AXXXX has been submitted successfully.

On the 6th of May (4 weeks later approx.) I received this email:

This refers to application bearing MHA file No. GBRBXXXX for uploading of documents in connection with your OCI Card No. AXXXX. Updated details including your new passport number XXXXXX have been taken on record.

Is the email that I received on the 6th of May the email that I need to print out/carry along as proof of update?

Thank you once again for your advice.

Regards,

Haresh

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Sat May 28, 2022 2:10 pm

harrygurbani wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 11:42 am
Thanks for your prompt reply. Much appreciated

Their applications were submitted on the 3rd of April 2022. I received 2 emails on the day of submission:
1. Dear,
Thank you for completing Part-B of OCI- Application on 03/Apr/2022 01:11 IST .
Your File-number is GBRBXXXXX for all future reference.
2. Dear,
Your application bearing MHA file number GBRBXXXX for uploading of documents in connection with your OCI card No. AXXXX has been submitted successfully.

On the 6th of May (4 weeks later approx.) I received this email:

This refers to application bearing MHA file No. GBRBXXXX for uploading of documents in connection with your OCI Card No. AXXXX. Updated details including your new passport number XXXXXX have been taken on record.

Is the email that I received on the 6th of May the email that I need to print out/carry along as proof of update? Yes

Thank you once again for your advice.

Regards,

Haresh
Please also note that in roughly a 4 weeks to a month you would also receive another email confirming the update of details is complete.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI