ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel to India with British passport and Visit visa without surrender Indian passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

s0787671
United Arab Emirates

Travel to India with British passport and Visit visa without surrender Indian passport

Post by s0787671 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:10 pm

Hi,

My wife just recently received her BRitish passport, do we need to surrender Indian passport because getting onl8ne visit visa and travelling to India for a month.

I read in other posts that we should surrender in uk and can apply for Oci in India. Is that quicker to get oci in India.

Can’t we travel with British passport and Indian online visit visa and do the surrender of Indian passport and oci in India.

My hassle in surrendering in uk, is the time spent to go to vis office, if it could have been done by post, I would have just done it.

Please do clarify and correct me.

Thanks
Bharat

supernova

Re: Travel to India with British passport and Visit visa without surrender Indian passport

Post by supernova » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:12 pm

You can travel on visit visa - No issues.

Can choose to surrender in India or when you are back in the UK.