ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Born indian baby can travel without passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ersureshbe
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

UK Born indian baby can travel without passport

Post by ersureshbe » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:54 pm

Hi All,

I'm working in the UK and my family is living in the UK. My second baby was born here. Unfortunately, the visa is going to expire on Jan-21. I should travel before the visa expiry. Currently, the new born baby having the local council birth certificate.

Due to the COVID issue - I'm unable to get the appointment in the Indian high commission to get the birth certificate. Because of the reason, I'm not eligible to apply for the passport.

Question - Is my baby can travel with out passport and highCommission birth certificate to india. Please advise.

Regards,
Suresh.

secret.simon

Re: UK Born indian baby can travel without passport

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:16 am

It is highly likely that the airline will not allow the child to board without a passport or travel document.

And it adds a layer of complication that at the moment, if the child is not registered as an Indian citizen at the HCI, the child is stateless and does not have a right to any travel document. Thus the child can't leave the UK.

Does the HCI or another CGI within the UK not have telephonic support that you can consult?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

coolrockspart2
India

Post by coolrockspart2 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:37 am

Contact High Commission of India https://www.hcilondon.gov.in/page/contact-us/

Please note that you will have to wait for a while on phone as they are too busy.

Alternatively you may want to contact them on twitter,

xebec
Australia

Post by xebec » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:27 am

ersureshbe wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:54 pm
Hi All,

I'm working in the UK and my family is living in the UK. My second baby was born here. Unfortunately, the visa is going to expire on Jan-21. I should travel before the visa expiry. Currently, the new born baby having the local council birth certificate.

Due to the COVID issue - I'm unable to get the appointment in the Indian high commission to get the birth certificate. Because of the reason, I'm not eligible to apply for the passport.

Question - Is my baby can travel with out passport and highCommission birth certificate to india. Please advise.

Regards,
Suresh.
No travel without a passport. That is the rule. Make an appointment for registering the birth of the child. Alternatively, see if you can get an extension for your visa given your circumstances.