ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT: Any Walk-In service for OCI ?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kopper

URGENT: Any Walk-In service for OCI ?

Post by kopper » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:08 pm

Please can someone urgently advise me.

My Son and Daughter are Minors and are current OCI holders but as they both recently have been issued with new British Passports, I have been told they I need to submit a OCI Miscellaneous Service for the transfer of OCI to the new Passport.
I have therefore completed the Online Application forms and is ready to attend VFS Goswell Road but when I tried to book an appointment, the next available date is 3 weeks away on 11th September.
The problem is we are flying to India on October 12th 2019 so this may only give us 4 weeks to receive the new OCI cards.

1) Please can you advise how I can get an earlier appointment to submit the applications or is there a walk in service I can use without an appointment at Goswell Road?
2) If there is not enough time, can we travel with the old passport and OCI card together as we have done in the past?
3) If there really is no time for receiving the OCI, can we submit a normal 3 month Tourist Visa application instead if its quicker even though they hold OCI?

Thank you

kopper

Re: URGENT: Any Walk-In service for OCI ?

Post by kopper » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:18 pm

As I did not receive any responses to my post, I today (Bank Holiday Monday) went to Goswell Road to use the Walk In Service. This information will help others who cannot wait 3 weeks for the next available appointment.

- The Walk In Service is between 8:30am to 10:30am at Goswell Road, London
I arrived without any appointment at approx 8:40am and there was a queue of about 6 people ahead of me which was not bad but it was Bank Holiday Monday.
The Security guy at reception appear to check everyones forms to make sure they have brought everything so i waited approx 10 mins in the first queue. I told him I am here for the walk in service and he gave me a ticket but didnt check my forms and gave me two different Declaration forms to complete.

As I was using the walk in service, my ticket number started with a "9" so had to wait longer than the others there who had pre-booked appointments. I awaited about 1 hour before being called.

I was told previously via email that if i use the walk in service i would need to user their courier service but the guy at the counter took my Royal Mail Special Delivery Envelopes i had already purchased before so that saved me some money.

All in all it was a good experience but as it was a Bank Holiday it was not really crowded which helped me.
Hope experience helps others.

redjet
Newly Registered

Post by redjet » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:13 pm

Hi kopper,

I am in similar situation as yours...thinking of a walk-in to Goswell Road office. Can you please give timeline of your application until you received new OCI cards?

Many thanks.

tier1-immigrant

Post by tier1-immigrant » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:48 pm

If you plan to walk-in ensure you are among first 10 in the queue. Number of walk-in they accept is unknown - I was in the queue with about 20 people in front and suddenly they said we are not accepting walk-in now.

redjet
Newly Registered

Post by redjet » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:04 am

Thank you very much for your reply tier1-immigrant...we followed your advice and made sure we were < 10 in the queue. And job got done :). This was in Hounslow. We chose to go to Hounslow as the lady on helpline said they are not accepting any more walk-ins in Goswell road office. I am not sure if that is true...as probably I feel they might want to reduce the queues at Goswell, hence "Google mapping" them to other offices... :roll:

jkcool
Mood:
India

Post by jkcool » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:37 pm

redjet wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:04 am
Thank you very much for your reply tier1-immigrant...we followed your advice and made sure we were < 10 in the queue. And job got done :). This was in Hounslow. We chose to go to Hounslow as the lady on helpline said they are not accepting any more walk-ins in Goswell road office. I am not sure if that is true...as probably I feel they might want to reduce the queues at Goswell, hence "Google mapping" them to other offices... :roll:
At what time you need to be there? I live an hour away.