ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Whats the need for submitting forigen passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SureShot

Whats the need for submitting forigen passport

Post by SureShot » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:31 pm

Hi all.

I just received my passport and (new) OCI from the HCI. I was expecting that my passport will contain a stamp or something linking it to the OCI card but the passport seems untouched.

Does anyone here know why exactly do they ask for the passport to release the OCI card?

Cheers.

takdeerwala
India

Re: Whats the need for submitting forigen passport

Post by takdeerwala » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:41 pm

If you look at the last page of your OCI card, your Passport number should be written there. OCI card is also electronically linked with your passport. It is to prevent misuse. You will need to show both passport and OCI card to enter India.

SureShot

Post by SureShot » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:50 am

takdeerwala wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:41 pm
If you look at the last page of your OCI card, your Passport number should be written there. OCI card is also electronically linked with your passport. It is to prevent misuse. You will need to show both passport and OCI card to enter India.
Thanks a ton for the clarification @takdeerwala. And also many thanks for your all round help for everyone on the forums. :)

takdeerwala
India

Post by takdeerwala » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:53 am

SureShot wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:50 am
takdeerwala wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:41 pm
Thanks a ton for the clarification @takdeerwala. And also many thanks for your all round help for everyone on the forums. :)
Thanks. I have benefited from the correct guidance and advise on this forum in my immigration journey. I try to do the same and help future aspirants.