ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shahfor

wrong address

Post by shahfor » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:23 pm

My letter for interview arrived on Friday but the address was wrong (door No and postcode was correct but the rest was not). Although I sent both application in the same bag, My wife's letter was with right address. This is the power of HMPO that cannot give the same address for members of one family.

I have called them to amend it but I was told somebody call me back in 24hr from Liverpool to fix it but nobody did. I called again Saturday afternoon but the lady said Liverpool office is closed and I should call on Monday.

Does anybody have similar experience and know how solve this quicker?

Thanks

Scanner

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by Scanner » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:05 pm

changamire wrote:Just been for my interview this morning, hopefully it all went ok although the guy was a rather miserable old man! When I got back home they had returned my passport and naturalisation certificate!
When I opened my my passport one of my pics (the signed one)
I sent fell out! There is no letter or anything saying there is a problem with it!
I rang them and they said they have everything they need so I am assuming they made an error somewhere! I hope it doesn't delay my passport
It is not unique to you. Some get the signed passport photograph sent back. A number of people in this forum have had similar experiences. It did not delay their passport either.

changamire
Newly Registered

Post by changamire » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:15 am

Scanner wrote:
changamire wrote:Just been for my interview this morning, hopefully it all went ok although the guy was a rather miserable old man! When I got back home they had returned my passport and naturalisation certificate!
When I opened my my passport one of my pics (the signed one)
I sent fell out! There is no letter or anything saying there is a problem with it!
I rang them and they said they have everything they need so I am assuming they made an error somewhere! I hope it doesn't delay my passport
It is not unique to you. Some get the signed passport photograph sent back. A number of people in this forum have had similar experiences. It did not delay their passport either.
Thanks, now the wait for the passport begins, I am as nervous as can be! I hope it arrives by this Friday, I have tickets for the Ireland vs France Rugby match on the 15 of march and would like to test drive it then

atikhonee

Post by atikhonee » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:11 am

[quote="atikhonee"][quote="atikhonee"]First Adult Passport Application Timeline :

Method of Application: PO Check & Send
Date of Application: 24/01/2014
Date of Application Received by IPS (received a text message): 28/01/2014
Date of Receipt of Interview Letter: 15/02/2014
Date of Passport Interview Appointment: 19/02/2014
Date of Return of Documents: 15/02/2014
Date of Passport Receipt: Pending

Attended the interview which went really well but on 21st feb received a letter saying like this
Thanks you for making an appointment for an interview, i am sorry that the interview was unable to proceed because some of the personal details you gave us did not agree with those on your passport form. i am writing to explain what you should do now.
to help us put the right and sure that the correct and most recent photograph appears in your passport. i would be grateful if you would complete the enclosed application form and returns it to me with two identical photographs of yourself taken within the last month.

i have filled the form again along with the pictures . which they got on 25th feb . i rang them twice they even dont know whats the status of my application . what to do please give me an opinion .

shahfor

Re: wrong address

Post by shahfor » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:42 pm

Does anybody know the direct phone No for Passport office in Liverpool? (and I don't mean 0300 222 0000 or 0300 222 1000). Those indirect numbers are not helpful. It has been 2 days I have been waiting for them to call me (as I was advised by advice line) but nothing has happened.

Thanks

Zandra51
Newly Registered

Post by Zandra51 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:11 pm

Passport for: Adult
Application Type: New
Method of Application: Check & Send
Date of Application: 01/03/2014
Date Application received by IPS:
Date of return of documents:
Date of receipt of interview letter:
Date of Passport appointment:
Date of Passport receipt:

changamire
Newly Registered

Post by changamire » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:13 am

shahfor wrote:Does anybody know the direct phone No for Passport office in Liverpool? (and I don't mean 0300 222 0000 or 0300 222 1000). Those indirect numbers are not helpful. It has been 2 days I have been waiting for them to call me (as I was advised by advice line) but nothing has happened.

Thanks
08456015107 i recieved a letter from there directly coz they couldn't find my daughters birth certicicate. I COULD NOT UNDERSTAND THE PERSONS ACCENT MOST OF THE TIME I SPOKE TO THEM THOUGH, they have heavy scouse accents

changamire
Newly Registered

Post by changamire » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:22 am

UPDATE!!!
My wife and i went for our interviews on Saturday morning, my passport arrived this morning but my wifes hasn't. I am sure it will arrive soon enough but cant believe it took days on a weekend to get my passport :) The other problem is we also applied for my daughter's passport at the same time and the lady at the PO check and send actually put them all in the same pack as i was watching to make sure that our documents which would be needed for my daughters passport would not be separated but hail, lo and behold the passport office managed to separate them when they arrived there.
I received a letter saying they needed my daughters Birth certificate (which we had sent) my wife and I`s passports and naturalisation certificates (which we had sent) and marriage certificates (which we also sent)
I rang them this morning and they confirmed they had my daughters birth certificate and when he asked for our references thats when he told me that my passport had been issued and not to worry about resending those documents again and that my daughters passport should arrive soon.
ANYWAY here is a detailed timeline for me and it has taken 2 and half weeks

Passports for 2 adults
Date of Application: 13/02/2014 (straight after naturalisation ceremony)
Method : Check and Send Aldershot
SMS received : 18/02/2014
Passports for 2 adults
Date of Application: 13/02/2014
interview letter : 26/02/2014
Documents return : 01/03/2014
interview date : 01/03/2014
passport receipt :03/03/2014

Good Luck to all of you, and thank you to all in this wonderful forum for advice and support.

shahfor

Post by shahfor » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:56 pm

changamire wrote:
shahfor wrote:Does anybody know the direct phone No for Passport office in Liverpool? (and I don't mean 0300 222 0000 or 0300 222 1000). Those indirect numbers are not helpful. It has been 2 days I have been waiting for them to call me (as I was advised by advice line) but nothing has happened.

Thanks
08456015107 i recieved a letter from there directly coz they couldn't find my daughters birth certicicate. I COULD NOT UNDERSTAND THE PERSONS ACCENT MOST OF THE TIME I SPOKE TO THEM THOUGH, they have heavy scouse accents
Thank you changamire. I gonna give a try.

shahfor

Post by shahfor » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:37 pm

changamire wrote:UPDATE!!!
My wife and i went for our interviews on Saturday morning, my passport arrived this morning but my wifes hasn't. I am sure it will arrive soon enough but cant believe it took days on a weekend to get my passport :) The other problem is we also applied for my daughter's passport at the same time and the lady at the PO check and send actually put them all in the same pack as i was watching to make sure that our documents which would be needed for my daughters passport would not be separated but hail, lo and behold the passport office managed to separate them when they arrived there.
I received a letter saying they needed my daughters Birth certificate (which we had sent) my wife and I`s passports and naturalisation certificates (which we had sent) and marriage certificates (which we also sent)
I rang them this morning and they confirmed they had my daughters birth certificate and when he asked for our references thats when he told me that my passport had been issued and not to worry about resending those documents again and that my daughters passport should arrive soon.
ANYWAY here is a detailed timeline for me and it has taken 2 and half weeks

Passports for 2 adults
Date of Application: 13/02/2014 (straight after naturalisation ceremony)
Passports for 2 adults
Date of Application: 13/02/2014
interview letter : 26/02/2014
Documents return : 01/03/2014
interview date : 01/03/2014
passport receipt :03/03/2014

Good Luck to all of you, and thank you to all in this wonderful forum for advice and support.
HI changamire ,

Where is that interview office that you could get an appointment so close on March 1st? When we called on 28th, we were told the earliest time for London is 12th March.
Are you in other city?

p2kin

Post by p2kin » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:44 pm

shahfor wrote: HI changamire ,

Where is that interview office that you could get an appointment so close on March 1st? When we called on 28th, we were told the earliest time for London is 12th March.
Are you in other city?
If you are ready to travel anywhere in the country, your options would increase. If you have interview letter, you can call them & ask next possible slot anywhere in the country.

changamire
Newly Registered

Post by changamire » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:48 pm

shahfor wrote:
changamire wrote:UPDATE!!!,

Are you in other city?
We went to Portsmouth office, they actually had times the same day we got our letters in the afternoon if we wanted but becoz of work i was only free the weekend.

lad2777

Post by lad2777 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:05 am

its been 7 days since I sent my form and passport via check and send, post office assured me that would be delivered on the next day, now 7 days, there is no tracking no, neither Belfast nor post office has no idea where it is and I need my passport quickly

check and send such a rip off. I could have sent it cheaper with next day guaranteed delivery with tracking no

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:24 am

Yes lad2777 completely agree with you, I am myself not a C&S fan. Not sure how a paid service is slower than sending the form yourself!
Challenges make life worth it!

p2kin

Post by p2kin » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:25 am

lad2777 wrote:its been 7 days since I sent my form and passport via check and send, post office assured me that would be delivered on the next day, now 7 days, there is no tracking no, neither Belfast nor post office has no idea where it is and I need my passport quickly
If you go back to same post office again & ask them special delivery tracking number by giving your barcode number, they should be able to give you royal mail reference number that you can track on royalmail website..

If that website says it's delivered, then there you go.. I'm not sure what's happening with passport office, I haven't seen any updates from anyone lately from mid feb onwards.. looks like all the Oct flood is now gone to passport office.. also, it doesn't help when there is poor communication from govt departments about applications.... specially status related...

lad2777

Post by lad2777 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:53 pm

I called post office complaint dep, they are not able to tell me the tracking number when I tell them a barcode, simply check and send option seem to be a rip off. the lady said the post office has 21 days to deliver those documents to belfast, while I was assure by 3 post workers that it will be delivered to belfast on the next day.
I think they collect applications from all parts of London over 1 week or 2 , 3 weeks and they take them all together to Belfast as they fail to produce the tracking number, so in the other words service should be charged as 2nd class stamp and in fact is more expensive then next day special delivery

jagcv4

Post by jagcv4 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:08 pm

Guys

I agree with you all. I sent in two applications on Feb 22nd and till now no news where they are. I think the post offices hold on to applications and then once they collect a bulk of them then they send this. This helps them save money I guess. I contacted Passport office and they cannot find us on their system, the worst part is, the post office is refusing to give us the details to track and send. I am fed up of this now. I STRONLY ADVISE NOT TO USE CHECK AND SEND. It will be best to send APPLICATIONS DIRECTLY. I haven't even received any text messages yet. This is testing my patience now.

p2kin

Post by p2kin » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:32 pm

It's really sad to hear post office refused to give that information. Only to offer you some solace... Check & Send service is tracked internally by every post office that offers it. When they have documents like your passport/naturalisation certificate, they can't afford to be careless.

It's your right to know delivery tracking number, you can insist on having it, if not, you should make a complaint.

I agree with your view of C&S service is bit waste of money if you are careful enough to fill form correctly.

Let's highlight benefit/drawbacks to future applicants to let them make their own decision.

Monika_33
Newly Registered

Post by Monika_33 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:38 pm

p2kin wrote:It's really sad to hear post office refused to give that information. Only to offer you some solace... Check & Send service is tracked internally by every post office that offers it. When they have documents like your passport/naturalisation certificate, they can't afford to be careless.

It's your right to know delivery tracking number, you can insist on having it, if not, you should make a complaint.

I agree with your view of C&S service is bit waste of money if you are careful enough to fill form correctly.

Let's highlight benefit/drawbacks to future applicants to let them make their own decision.
Well, to start with the Post Office Check & Send officer made me write a letter to include all my grandparents' details, which subsequently proved to be absolutely unnecessary.
Also, they had some doubts about my photos, but I insisted on sending them and they were OK.

jagcv4

Post by jagcv4 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:46 pm

Well what ever is the case at this stage I am worried as I have sent original passports with the application! I was even forced to send my marriage certificate for my sons application even though both parents names were mentioned in my son's passport. I will wait for a little while and then will file a complaint.

p2kin

Post by p2kin » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:52 pm

Monika_33 wrote:Well, to start with the Post Office Check & Send officer made me write a letter to include all my grandparents' details, which subsequently proved to be absolutely unnecessary.
Yes, for naturalized person, grandparents details are not required.
Monika_33 wrote:Also, they had some doubts about my photos, but I insisted on sending them and they were OK.
So I guess your vote is against PO C&S service... :)

We can make complaint about service & I'm talking about formal complaint to Post Office Ltd customer care

Also, you can inform passport office about it.

zubbshah
Mood:
India

Post by zubbshah » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:58 pm

I absolutely sonderstand ur frustration. ...well..me been in a similar situation. ..d best bet wud be to get ur self a tracking number from po nd then track it....

Also it takes a wee bit longer for applications to get loaded on iPS's system. .thats what I was been told...
However the besy bet wud be to ring up customer service on 0300 222 0000 nd give ur post code to locate nd other info nd they wud let u know.
Cuase till now I didn't recd any text or letters from ips bout the application however it was recd last week. ..so.. I'd advise ring them up nd ask them :) :P

Monika_33
Newly Registered

Post by Monika_33 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:00 pm

Well, I received my British passport last week, so it's all over now, but would not rate very high the Post office check & send service. On another note, I wanted my passport and docs to be sent to my office and the lady at the Post office just gave me a blank sheet of paper and made me write my address there.
HMPO delayed my application as they wanted a formal letter from the employer to prove that I work there etc.
All in all I would say - Carefully complete the from and send it yourself. :D

sianlouise94
Newly Registered

Post by sianlouise94 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:18 pm

Hi I am travelling away on the 22nd April I sent off for my passport on the 18/02/2014, I originally sent off on the 5th thinking I had applied for my passport turns out no I paid £69 for someone to fill in my own information and didn't find out until the 17th.
So I received a letter on Monday last week stating I hadn't supplied my full birth certificate, only my short one so I sent that back on the 28th. Can someone advise whether I will be able to go on my holiday on the 22nd of April. I only booked it because I thought my passport application process started on the 5/02/14.

PLEASE HELP AS THE WAIT IS DRIVING ME INSANE!!

sianlouise94
Newly Registered

Post by sianlouise94 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:20 pm

Monika_33 wrote:Well, I received my British passport last week, so it's all over now, but would not rate very high the Post office check & send service. On another note, I wanted my passport and docs to be sent to my office and the lady at the Post office just gave me a blank sheet of paper and made me write my address there.
HMPO delayed my application as they wanted a formal letter from the employer to prove that I work there etc.
All in all I would say - Carefully complete the from and send it yourself. :D
Monika how long after sending your employer letter in did you then receive your interview letter? mine was delayed too due to me only supplying a short birth certificate?