ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO appointment in previous visa rejection?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rocdoc
Newly Registered

PEO appointment in previous visa rejection?

Post by rocdoc » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:18 am

hey guys,
could someone plz shed some light on this topic.
i saw in the UKBA site among other conditions that incase you have a previous visa rejection, the PEO premium service cannot be made use of.
my doubt is, when i applied for my 2yr spouse dependent visa back in early 2012, it got rejected first time, after which i had appealed and got a positive decision and was granted the visa. does that mean i cant make use of this PEO premium service??
thank you.

Seneca

Re: PEO appointment in previous visa rejection?

Post by Seneca » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:59 pm

You can use PEO because your appeal was successful.The worst that can happen is they might want to make further inquiries and therefore you might not get decision on the same day.

rocdoc
Newly Registered

Post by rocdoc » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:11 pm

Thank you for the response. But when I spoke to the immigration enquiries helpline, the guy who answered told me otherwise. He said even though appeal was successful, the initial rejection would be taken in consideration and Peo premium service won't be eligible. Confused Wat to do.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:21 pm

The Home Office 'helpline' staff aren't known for their accuracy. However, I see that on the new website a previous visa refusal has been added to the list of applications not accepted at a PEO.
https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service ... ligibility
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

rocdoc
Newly Registered

Post by rocdoc » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:38 pm

Yes I had seen this page about the eligibility criteria. Really confusing what rejection means according to them. If the rejection is overturned in the subsequent appeal, would it still be considered as a rejection.
Is it possible to contact the Peo directly?
Thank you.

ILR_Help
Newly Registered

Post by ILR_Help » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:25 pm

Casa wrote:The Home Office 'helpline' staff aren't known for their accuracy. However, I see that on the new website a previous visa refusal has been added to the list of applications not accepted at a PEO.
https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service ... ligibility
Was this the case prior to this new website? I am in similar boat and haver already booked an appointmnet. I came across this new site after the booking.

While booking the appointment it didn't ask about previous rejections for either the main applicant or dependant. A simple YES/NO question for previous rejection in the booking process would have cleared any doubt.

******Addition******

Just checked the form I filled - SET O 12/2013 and the form as of today and on the very first page it states:
The applications which may not be made in person are those in the following
categories/routes: businessperson; innovator; investor; self-employed lawyer;
Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) migrant; Tier 1 (Investor) migrant; Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)
migrant, accelerated; Tier 1 (Investor) migrant, accelerated.
I believe previous visa rejection is added recently to the list when this new website came into existence. :?: :?:

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:40 pm

I believe you're right ILR_help. I certainly know of applicants who have previously won their appeals and then later successfully applied for ILR at a PEO. It's a new one for me. :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

rocdoc
Newly Registered

Post by rocdoc » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:47 pm

When did this new website come into effect. Is it very recent? I cant find the ukba pages anymore which I looked at, few days back, now its gov.uk. is this the official site from now on, for all these topics?
Is thr a peo contact id or no or some other definitive source of info whr we cud contact. The guy at the helpline dint seem to have much idea abt this. He just read out wats written down in the site.

ILR_Help
Newly Registered

Post by ILR_Help » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:56 pm

Also, the booking website is not the same I used more than a month ago.

I used https://apply.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/iapply.portal this website which is still active as I can still make new appointments.

The link Casa provided does eventually take you to the above website but I am sure when I was looking to book the appointment, this website - https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service ... ligibility - didn't come up in search.

There is also another website https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/. Not sure what they are doing.

ILR_Help
Newly Registered

Post by ILR_Help » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:42 pm

rocdoc wrote:When did this new website come into effect. Is it very recent? I cant find the ukba pages anymore which I looked at, few days back, now its gov.uk. is this the official site from now on, for all these topics?
Is thr a peo contact id or no or some other definitive source of info whr we cud contact. The guy at the helpline dint seem to have much idea abt this. He just read out wats written down in the site.
This website https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service ... ligibility was first created on 14 Feb 2014. Just checked in google by entering website name in search box.

rocdoc
Newly Registered

Post by rocdoc » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:59 pm

One other thing I would like to clarify is the no of people attending the interview with me.
When I booked the interview, I gave the no of people as 0, under the impression that they r asking for other people or dependents applying along with me.
But my wife and baby are coming along with me during the interview. Both are british citizens. My wife, since she is the sponser in my ILR application,, I guessed she should have to accompany me during the interview anyways.
So I got confused when the payment sheet mentioned that the no of attendees for the interview is just me.
Plz advise me if this a matter of concern. Do I have to cancel the appointment and start over again stating the no of people as 2.
Thank you.

ILR_Help
Newly Registered

Post by ILR_Help » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:16 pm

I came across the latest guidance note which doesn't mention about Applying in person and previous rejection.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... o04091.pdf

Though it mentions that PEO appointment is only for straight forward applications what constitutes a straight forward application is subjective.

In my case, I am the main applicant and wife dependant. I never had any rejections. My wife's visa was refused after our marriage on the grounds of inconclusive proof of marriage. Applied gain with more proof and visa was granted. There was a subsequent renewal in UK. For me it's a straight forward case as the case worker can see on the system the reason for refusal.

May have to write to UKBA to add a drop down while booking appointment to decide eligibility
12 APPLYING IN PERSON
We offer a premium service to people who apply in person at our Public Enquiry Offices (PEOs). This service is available only for applications which are straightforward and do not require further enquiries.

The premium service is not available for applications as a businessperson, innovator, investor, self- employed lawyer, Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) migrant or Tier 1 (Investor) migrant or on the grounds of long residence; or where the applicant has spent part of their time in the Crown Dependencies – Jersey,Guernsey, Isle of Man, Sark, Alderney.

Appointments. To apply in person, you must book an appointment in advance with one of the PEOs.
You can do this online at http://www.ukba.homeof- fice.gov.uk/book-appointment. If you make one for some time ahead, please check that the applica- tion form you use is still valid on the day of your appointment.

rocdoc
Newly Registered

Post by rocdoc » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:30 pm

By main applicant, u mean you are the sponsor, rite. And ur wife is applying for ILR? And the application should be filled out her rite.
Also, Whr did u paste the quote from?
The page I saw in the eligibility criteria had more numbered conditions which were stated as exemptions. Along with them, mentioned about previous visa rejection.
As you said. it's subjective. So I guess it's ok to give it a try going in for the premium service.

ILR_Help
Newly Registered

Post by ILR_Help » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:53 pm

I am also applying at the same time. I am main applicant and she is dependant.

The quote is from the guidance note for Form Set O from the link I provided in my previous post. Page 5 point 12

The visa rejection point for appointment only appeared in the new link https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service ... ligibility. Google shows that the new website was created on 14/02/2014.

I have decided to go ahead with the application as I don't have any issues with my previous application and I am the main applicant.

rocdoc
Newly Registered

Post by rocdoc » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:16 pm

Oh K. I was using a different form SET M.
I have booked an appointment too. Let's c how it goes.
I guess the eligibility criteria is the same for all types of forms used. Eventhough my visa application was rejected first, the appeal decision was fairly quick and straightforward. So I hope it doesn't cause more problems.
Also, the question about the no of persons attending the interview with me, refers to those who are applying with me, rite. Not those who are accompanying me to the office.
Thank you.

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:34 am

You were correct to give 0. However, as your sponsor, your wife should accompany you. If she's unable to attend she would have to provide a letter explaining her absence.
(Casa, not CR001)

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:33 pm

This is a sneaky little change that can take people by surprise. I presume this will also be included in the next guidance release. All the best and keep the forum updated.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

faributt
Newly Registered

Post by faributt » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:25 pm

I have check this web page again and cant find that line. I hope it will stay like this,
They remove that clause . Big Relief
Last edited by faributt on Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tier1settlement
Newly Registered

Post by Tier1settlement » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:25 pm

Good news for this issue.

UKVI has just updated the site and removed the visa refusal clause.

So green signal for people waiting to book their PEO appointments.

Thanks

ILR_Help
Newly Registered

Post by ILR_Help » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:52 pm

That's a really good news.

rocdoc
Newly Registered

Post by rocdoc » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:03 pm

Thts a good piece of news. Hope it stays like that.

rocdoc
Newly Registered

Post by rocdoc » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:03 pm

Got my ILR last day, from Croydon PEO. Process was smooth and quick. Had booked appointment for early morning so cud get out of thr with the decision before the crowd started building up. Thank you guys for the help.

rocdoc
Newly Registered

Post by rocdoc » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:10 pm

Also, the BRP has a validity of 10yrs only? Isnt it supposed to be indefenite.
What should be done after the 10yrs. Payment again for renewal?

ilrtier1genral

Post by ilrtier1genral » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:03 pm

Congratulations!!!

That is only the validity of BRP card not visa like your passport has start and expiry dates.

as far as the remarks says Settlement then its fine

rocdoc
Newly Registered

Post by rocdoc » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:49 pm

So what happens after this 10yrs is up. The same BRP is continued after that? Or does it need to be changed or renewed? Thank you.