ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Monika_33
Newly Registered

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by Monika_33 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:32 pm

sianlouise94 wrote:
Monika_33 wrote:Well, I received my British passport last week, so it's all over now, but would not rate very high the Post office check & send service. On another note, I wanted my passport and docs to be sent to my office and the lady at the Post office just gave me a blank sheet of paper and made me write my address there.
HMPO delayed my application as they wanted a formal letter from the employer to prove that I work there etc.
All in all I would say - Carefully complete the from and send it yourself. :D
Monika how long after sending your employer letter in did you then receive your interview letter? mine was delayed too due to me only supplying a short birth certificate?
I faxed it over even though they insisted on having the original letter. Next day I called them and they gave me the interview Ref No over the phone so I was able to book it straight away.
However, please note that I did not call the general hep line, but a tel No beginning with 0845, so was able to speak directly with the passport office. Sorry, but I don't have this number on me.
You should be OK for your hols - plenty of time. :D I had also chased them as had booked my hols in advance...

sianlouise94
Newly Registered

Post by sianlouise94 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:36 pm

Oh I see..hopefully I should be okay then any idea how I can get hold of this number?
I rang 0300 222 1111 today and they said my birth certificate and application haven't been linked so hopefully that will happen this week.
really panicking

Monika_33
Newly Registered

Post by Monika_33 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:44 pm

sianlouise94 wrote:Oh I see..hopefully I should be okay then any idea how I can get hold of this number?
I rang 0300 222 1111 today and they said my birth certificate and application haven't been linked so hopefully that will happen this week.
really panicking
That number is useless (excuse my French). Someone had posted a tel No beginning with 0845... in the posts above.
Try to find it and good luck!!!
ps I had rung the helpline in the evening and was told my passport has not been printed yet and then next morning at 10am I received it, so guess how much info they have, lol.

lad2777

Post by lad2777 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:58 pm

check and send , such a rip off, lady on the phone said they have 21 days to deliver my forms and passport to Belfast office! so 3 weeks waste of time and money

zubbshah
Mood:
India

Post by zubbshah » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:22 pm

More than the rip off service its an absolute joke. ..cause of the time lag....
Well...I've thought bout it...
Not sure hhow it wouldbe executed. ..perhaps with d help of the moderators...
Fill in a dummy form and upload it in here...
fill in all the details with dummy names etc like a sample form for all.the new coming applicants. .which in turn would make it easier for them to fill in nd post directly to hmpo..
Wat say guys ??

jagcv4

Post by jagcv4 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:24 pm

To be honest, the form is self-explanatory and the guide resolves fair few issues. It will be interesting to find experiences from people who have directly sent in the application forms to Passport office. But never again I will use the postoffice. It is just waste of time!

sianlouise94
Newly Registered

Post by sianlouise94 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:32 pm

Thankyou Monika calmed me a little bit now!

apple02

Post by apple02 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:53 am

The only issue I have with check & send is that, I paid 3 pounds something for a secured delivery and not once did I have to sign for my return documents or my British passport. Yes am happy that I've received all and its all over, I just feel ripped off of my 3 pounds because after all its still money.

Correct me if am wrong because I thought paying for secured delivery means you will have to sign upon collecting your passport at your door because otherwise all mines were pushed through the letter box like a normal post.

edenking
Newly Registered

Post by edenking » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:45 am

Application Timeline

Passport for: Adult
Application Type: New
Method of application: Self

Date of Application: 11/02/2014
Date of Application Received by IPS: 12/02/14
Date of Debit of Fees: 14/02/14
Confirmation by SMS: 14/02/14
Date of Receipt of Interview Letter: 25/02/14
Date of Return of Documents: 25/02/14
Date of Passport Interview Appointment: 27/02/14
Date of Passport Receipt: 03/03/14

Thanks to everyone here that has contributed to these timelines.
Best wishes to everyone in this forum.

lad2777

Post by lad2777 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:44 am

do I have to book an interview or I get it from HO automatically in a letter?

edenking
Newly Registered

Post by edenking » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:59 am

Hi Lad2777
You need to book an interview, when you are received the letter from HM Passport office.

jagcv4

Post by jagcv4 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:47 pm

Has anyone had any luck in receiving texts/confirmation after applying through Post Office, since 20th February?

p2kin

Post by p2kin » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:53 pm

jagcv4 wrote:Has anyone had any luck in receiving texts/confirmation after applying through Post Office, since 20th February?
Nope, I haven't see any after mid feb.. not a single post applied after mid feb receiving interview letter/return of documents etc... C&S.. no confirmation text either...

I strongly feel all Oct flood is not knocking passport office door... it's gonna be delay here too..

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:57 pm

I am not quite convinced thats true. The rush in October was because the language requirements were being made stricter, so people rushed to get naturalised before that happened.

However, once naturalised, I am not sure getting a passport is as urgent. I wonder if C&S slowness is just due to the POs coming up with some batching mechanism to save money on postage!
Challenges make life worth it!

jagcv4

Post by jagcv4 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:05 pm

well the check and send must ensure that they send applications as and when they receive it. If the post offices are delaying in sending applications then that's criminal. It has been 2 weeks since I applied and haven't heard anything. I may give a few more days and then start the complaints procedure.

changamire
Newly Registered

Post by changamire » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:38 pm

Omg! Can't believe the problem with my wife's passport! She was asked when her passport photo was take and she said 3 months ago! Now they have asked her to send some more taken in the last month! This has also caused a delay in my daughters passport which she ha signed as main guardian! Does anyone know what happens when this sort of thing happens? Will she have to go for another interview afterwards???
She sent the new photos today

sys110673
Newly Registered

Post by sys110673 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:57 pm

Sent application 18th Feb post office check and send txt recd. on 20th Feb interview letter 28th Feb interview 04th March documents received 05th Mar confirmed passports printed today.

Kat894
Newly Registered

Post by Kat894 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:27 pm

Hi everyone,

I wonder what is happening!! I post my application 24th Feb. check and sent still nothing not even a txt message, I wonder if there is a backlog?? Really thought this would be quick.

jagcv4

Post by jagcv4 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:33 pm

similar to my case, I am planning to visit the post office and get a tracking number, from there we should be able to know

lad2777

Post by lad2777 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:48 pm

I think they collect a right amount of applications check and send then they send all together, lady from post office customer service told me that post office has 21 days to deliver it to Belfast
so I complaint to post office that post office worker ask people use check and send desperately providing not realistic info, like its a next day delivery, lady told me ii would be delivered on the next day by 1pm, its been over a week and nothing, they fail to provide tracking number as they know my letter is chucked down somewhere waiting for more application to be sent together

Last time I listened to any advices from Post office workers, I bed they get extra money for each customer they talked into any extra services as always hand in many useless lift lets and scaring people like if u don't get a 1st class tamp or registered delivery,your letter will be missing

Kat894
Newly Registered

Post by Kat894 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:09 pm

I did ask the lady and she did say next day it would be there, I just would feel much better if I even received a txt message at least.I will see what the rest of week bring and hopefully we will all hear from them.

loveandbeloved
Newly Registered

Post by loveandbeloved » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:55 pm

Kat894 wrote:I did ask the lady and she did say next day it would be there, I just would feel much better if I even received a txt message at least.I will see what the rest of week bring and hopefully we will all hear from them.
Maybe you won't receive a text? You might just get the interview letter this week (fingers crossed) or early next! Some people seem to have just got the interview letter without the text. Either way, good luck!

lad2777

Post by lad2777 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:57 pm

yeah that next day is now the 9th day with no message, I called Belfast they didnt receive it yet

shahfor

Post by shahfor » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:11 pm

sys110673 wrote:Sent application 18th Feb post office check and send txt recd. on 20th Feb interview letter 28th Feb interview 04th March documents received 05th Mar confirmed passports printed today.
Dear sys110673,
I wonder where do you live that everything went so quickly?
In London I applied on 14th and the interview will be by 8 days now.

highlevel
Newly Registered

Post by highlevel » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:56 pm

Passport for: 1 Adults(First)
Method of Application: check and send
Date of sending application: 24/02/2014
Date SMS Received: 27/02/2014
Date of Receipt of Interview Letter: Waiting
Date of Return of Documents: Waiting
Date of Passport Interview Appointment: Waiting
Date of Passport Receipt: Waiting

Hello ramaven and kat894,we have the same timeline