ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric Card!! URGENT PLEASE RESPOND

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

apple02

Biometric Card!! URGENT PLEASE RESPOND

Post by apple02 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:19 pm

Hi All, I've got a scenario that I need help with. My friend who had a Antigua passport, lost it back in 2008 with his indefinite leave in it. He has applied to the home office for the new bio metric card, he sent the home office letter granting his indefinite leave and his current passport, however, like above could not send the old passport to the home office as it is lost and he states he did report it to the police at the time but has lost the reference number.

So he received a letter from the home office yesterday stating that they want to see his old passport with the stamp or letters from his college, school, social worker, doctor and people know him stating he is a resident here. His social worker is involved in his case as it was the social worker who sent of his application I think on his behalf. The friend is also turning 21 if anyone is wondering

My question is:

1) Is he able to go back to the police station and request the same reference number they gave him for the lost passport at the time and am only asking because maybe they keep these things on record?

2) Is it just best he writes the home office saying he lost the passport back in 08 and the police reference number?

If anyone knows anything about this situation, your help will be much appreciated. Thanks very much

apple02

Re: Biometric Card!! URGENT PLEASE RESPOND

Post by apple02 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:36 pm

anyone????????????