ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Last 1 year Employment History not available HMRC - Urgent!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SriGan

Last 1 year Employment History not available HMRC - Urgent!!

Post by SriGan » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:18 pm

Dear Forum Moderators & Members,

I have benefited more from this forum and my thanks to all.

Background:
I am due to apply for ILR in the last week of April 2014. I am salaried employee in UK since May 2009 and I changed my job last year May 2013.

In order to get my employment history, I called HMRC and requested for 5 year Employment History. They told me only details upto May 2013 is available and nothing is available after that. HMRC also confirmed that it is the Employers Responsibility to update the details with HMRC.

I called my employer(it is a small organisation) and checked with them, they confirmed that they are paying tax every month. I am getting my payslips with all the details promptly. I am not sure where it is missing!!!

1) Will the missing employment history create problem in ILR application which is due April'14 end? Can I show my payslips as evidence?
2) Should I ask my Employer to make sure that details are updated? Even if my Employer manage to update the details with HMRC, will it create a problem still?

I hope UKBA will check the Tax History and NI Contributions. How to get these details?

Please your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sri

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: Last 1 year Employment History not available HMRC - Urge

Post by yasa » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:59 pm

SriGan wrote:Dear Forum Moderators & Members,

I have benefited more from this forum and my thanks to all.

Background:
I am due to apply for ILR in the last week of April 2014. I am salaried employee in UK since May 2009 and I changed my job last year May 2013.

In order to get my employment history, I called HMRC and requested for 5 year Employment History. They told me only details upto May 2013 is available and nothing is available after that. HMRC also confirmed that it is the Employers Responsibility to update the details with HMRC.

I called my employer(it is a small organisation) and checked with them, they confirmed that they are paying tax every month. I am getting my payslips with all the details promptly. I am not sure where it is missing!!!

1) Will the missing employment history create problem in ILR application which is due April'14 end? Can I show my payslips as evidence?
2) Should I ask my Employer to make sure that details are updated? Even if my Employer manage to update the details with HMRC, will it create a problem still?

I hope UKBA will check the Tax History and NI Contributions. How to get these details?

Please your help will be much appreciated.

Which visa are you on. Where is it written to provide last 5 years employer history

Thanks,
Sri
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

SriGan

Post by SriGan » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:41 pm

Hi,
First year I was on T2(ICT) and shifted to T1(Gen). Since I dont have the P60, I wanted to apply for Employment History.

Since UKBA caseworker will check for my details with HMRC for Tax and NI Contributions during the application PEO day, i wanted to have it beforehand.

Please let me know will it be problem if the employment history is missing with some years?

-Sri

fn286

Post by fn286 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:19 pm

Hi Sri,

dont worry about it... I have asked you some question via private message... if you could answer honestly .. I may help you out...

All the best...

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:44 pm

fn286 wrote:dont worry about it...
I disagree. Irrespective of ILR, you should sort this matter out ASAP. Always keep the books clean
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

Mostar95
- thin ice -

Post by Mostar95 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:34 pm

Your new employer is lying. Since April 2013 all employers have to submit salary data to HMRC online every month which is called RTI. Ask your employer if he is doing RTI or not?

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:51 pm

Mostar95 wrote:Your new employer is lying. Since April 2013 all employers have to submit salary data to HMRC online every month which is called RTI. Ask your employer if he is doing RTI or not?
I second that. Have you spoken with HMRC on a call? If it was just once, give them a call for the second time, may be there is a system error of some sort? Worse come, I am not sure if you could be hold accountable for the fraud your employer commits (i.e by not paying your income tax to HMRC). That said, if it gets to that point, you may need a good lawyer to fight your corner.
I hope it is whole lot smoother than that...
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

fn286

Post by fn286 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:07 pm

UKBALoveStory wrote:
fn286 wrote:dont worry about it...
I disagree. Irrespective of ILR, you should sort this matter out ASAP. Always keep the books clean
Dear UKBALovestory...Member of Standing.....

What exactly you disagree with? That I said he shouldn't worry? Do you want him to worry and die with stress?

When there is a will there is a way.... clean or not.... I help those who usually are not too clean and facing problems... those people need help the most if I'm not wrong... and not all clean guys come to this forum anyways...

His case is complex and may be I could advice...

thanks.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:49 pm

What exactly you disagree with? That I said he shouldn't worry? Do you want him to worry and die with stress?
Relax man. I just want to emphasize that it is very important to rectify the issue. You don't have to die with worries but to rectify the issue without dying.
I help those who usually are not too clean and facing problems... those people need help the most if I'm not wrong... and not all clean guys come to this forum anyways...
its between you and the OP to accept each other help conditionally or unconditionally. I have no concerns whatsoever.
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

thesunisshining
Newly Registered

Post by thesunisshining » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:23 pm

Hello all,

I am planning to apply my BC but I have a problem with 10 years employment history and Income tax. I had my ILR as long residence in Feb 2014 and before that I was on Tier2 Visa for 3 years. I think when I started working with tier2 (2010), my employer didn't give me proper payslips for 5 months. So, I might not be paying tax and NI during that time. Do you think that HMRC will check every single penny of my income tax or if there is any gap of employment? considering I was on Tier2 visa at that time?

I would be very grateful if anybody could help me with your thought and experience.

Many many thanks

ilrvisanow

Post by ilrvisanow » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:06 pm

your employer is dodgy

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:01 pm

thesunisshining wrote:Hello all,

I am planning to apply my BC but I have a problem with 10 years employment history and Income tax. I had my ILR as long residence in Feb 2014 and before that I was on Tier2 Visa for 3 years. I think when I started working with tier2 (2010), my employer didn't give me proper payslips for 5 months. So, I might not be paying tax and NI during that time. Do you think that HMRC will check every single penny of my income tax or if there is any gap of employment? considering I was on Tier2 visa at that time?

I would be very grateful if anybody could help me with your thought and experience.

Many many thanks
How do these people get sponsors licences and why do they bother? Surely if they are a lax as this they can be lax with local employees and not have to fork out for the sponsors licence. Or is there more dodgy dealings going on?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

thesunisshining
Newly Registered

Post by thesunisshining » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:35 pm

Thank you for the reply.

I know it was my mistake didn't deal with it straight away at that time. I didn't want to loose the job.

The question is will I ever have a chance to apply british citizenship?

Many thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:52 pm

thesunisshining wrote:Thank you for the reply.

I know it was my mistake didn't deal with it straight away at that time. I didn't want to loose the job.

The question is will I ever have a chance to apply british citizenship?

Many thanks
Have you requested a SAR to check your tax records?
See
http://www.spammer.co.uk/article/ ... mrc/519307
https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/shortforms/form/DPU_SAR
&
http://robertleach.co.uk/2013/08/reques ... -from-hmrc

Your tax/NI records will help you see where you stand in the context of HO assessing 'good character'.

Suggest you may wish to dig into what your employer means if they say they are submitting your PAYE.
Maybe they are but there is some problem with your NI or some other tax code being incorrect in the system?
When did you discover the problem - or have you always known about this?

You will always have a chance to apply for the privilege of citizenship.
Due to the various elements of discretion HO has, the result is not 100% guaranteed for any applicant.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.