ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Children registration on MN1 form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Miangee

Children registration on MN1 form

Post by Miangee » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:12 am

Hi all members

I have got ILR last week and want to register my kids as British citizen under section 1(3) NA as my kids were born here in Uk can some one plz explain following which I could not understand during fill up the form

1. Where I should have to give the payment detail as its not on form

2. What I have to write in 1.2 immigration directorate or uk BA reference number

3. in section 1.5 they written surname /family and also written that name you will be the name shown on the child's certificate and written it in the correct order

I could not understand shall I write first name and second name both here as there is no coulum for first name

5. Finally for resident requirement which section I need to fill up section 2 or section 3 as my kids born in uk so what I have to write in 2.1 date of first arrival and also shall I need to give absentees for three years or 5 years

Can anyone plz guide me for these question
Thanks

Miangee

MN1 form confusion

Post by Miangee » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:34 am

Hi all members

I want to register my kids as British citizen under section 1(3) NA as my kids were born here in Uk can some one plz explain following which I could not understand during fill up the form

1. Where I should have to give the payment detail as its not on form

2. What I have to write in 1.2 immigration directorate or uk BA reference number

3. in section 1.5 they written surname /family and also written that name you will be the name shown on the child's certificate and written it in the correct order

I could not understand shall I write first name and second name both here as there is no coulum for first name

5. Finally for resident requirement which section I need to fill up section 2 or section 3 as my kids born in uk so what I have to write in 2.1 date of first arrival and also shall I need to give absentees for three years or 5 years

Can anyone plz guide me for these question
Thanks

vinny

Re: Children registration on MN1 form

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:02 am

Have you read the full Guidance?

Section 3 of the form is not applicable.

See also How to pay.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Miangee

Post by Miangee » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:58 pm

Hi
Thanks for your reply vinnay
Well I understand that fees form is diffrent than mn1 form
But as I want to register my two childern at same time but there is only one space for candidate name and date of birth so where I have to write second child name
And I beileve two children fees which is 1178 can be paid in one go
Can you plz confirm
Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:24 pm

The fees leaflet has enough space to write two names and date of birth.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:26 pm

Fill two application form for two child
Miangee wrote:Hi
Thanks for your reply vinnay
Well I understand that fees form is diffrent than mn1 form
But as I want to register my two childern at same time but there is only one space for candidate name and date of birth so where I have to write second child name
And I beileve two children fees which is 1178 can be paid in one go
Can you plz confirm
Thanks

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:31 pm

For my UK born child ,
*Birth Certificate
*Passport
*His BRP with dependant visa
*MY ILR BRP photocopy

Q2: Which documents are needed for registration as BC?

If applying under section 1(3) (child born in the UK to parents who now at least one parent holds ILR), the following documents are required:

- Original full UK birth certificate for the child (with the ILR parent named on it).
- Original child passport (if has one).
- Parent's passport showing ILR / BRP. (photocopies of all pages are accepted)
- Marriage certificate (if child born before 2006).
Last edited by esmsi on Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Miangee

Post by Miangee » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:38 pm

Hi thanks
So you mean two names and date of birth can be write in one box but what about the fees for 2 children
And section 2.1 date of first arrival as children born in uk

Shall I need to send BRb of my kids with application which is as my dependent

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:42 pm

My suggestion fill two form
Miangee wrote:Hi thanks
So you mean two names and date of birth can be write in one box but what about the fees for 2 children

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:43 pm

Miangee wrote:Hi thanks

You have to fill in two separate MN1 forms. One MN1 form for each child and you can leave 2.1 blank as they were born in the UK.

Complete only one payment form with both childrens details.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Miangee

Post by Miangee » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:36 pm

Hi esmsi thanks for Your reply have you submitted your original ILR card and kids original passport and birth certificate with application or just copy and have you used NCS council services are managed to send it by himself
Does it Come more quicker if used NCS or same 8 weeks duration
[color=#0000FF][/color]

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:43 pm

I will submit the application and thinking to send copy of BRP and original approval letter
Miangee wrote:Hi esmsi thanks for Your reply have you submitted your original ILR card and kids original passport and birth certificate with application or just copy and have you used NCS council services are managed to send it by himself
Does it Come more quicker if used NCS or same 8 weeks duration

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:55 pm

Also , in section 7 which checkbox you tick.

I do NOT tick on

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:06 am

Hi,

I recently got my ILR along with my wife's approved at a PEO. My daughter was born here and hence I am planning to apply for her citizenship using the MN1 form. However I am facing the below issues:
1) My daughter's current visa expires on 16th March 2014 and I am unsure if we will receive our new biometric cards before then in order include them in her application. What options do I have here?
2) I am unsure what to fill in at section 1.3 of the from.
3) what documents do I ned to include in the application?
Can someone please help?

thanks

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:01 pm

For uk born child you do not think about visa
raghu0307 wrote:Hi,

I recently got my ILR along with my wife's approved at a PEO. My daughter was born here and hence I am planning to apply for her citizenship using the MN1 form. However I am facing the below issues:
1) My daughter's current visa expires on 16th March 2014 and I am unsure if we will receive our new biometric cards before then in order include them in her application. What options do I have here?
2) I am unsure what to fill in at section 1.3 of the from.
3) what documents do I ned to include in the application?
Can someone please help?

thanks

Miangee

Post by Miangee » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:10 pm

hi
there is no need to have a valid visa if the child is born here in UK and one of parent got ILR after child birth then you just need child birth Certificate showing your names on it and your ILR cards copy send this with MN1 Form.

Miangee

Post by Miangee » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:15 pm

[quote="esmsi"]Also , in section 7 which checkbox you tick.

I do [b]NOT[/b] tick on
7.9[/quote]

hi esmsi

what about the referee i have done one referee school teacher for my Son and one for British passport holder whose woks at heathrow airport is that will be okey or must need from GP Or Solicitor

and do you have any idea how long its gonna be take to get the certificate how many months quay is there with home office

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:43 am

Miangee wrote:hi
there is no need to have a valid visa if the child is born here in UK and one of parent got ILR after child birth then you just need child birth Certificate showing your names on it and your ILR cards copy send this with MN1 Form.
Hi Miangee,

My child was born here, but we had applied for her Tier 1 visa when we had ours extended as we had taken her abroad. Her Tier 1 visa expires on 16th March 2013. We have already got our ILR on 7th March 2014 but we did not apply for her with us thinking that we can apply for registration as a british citizen for her directly. please advise.

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:47 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:09 pm

vinny wrote:Yes.
Thanks Vinny

charismatic_one

Post by charismatic_one » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:14 pm

Hi,
I am due to apply for my child's MN1 application tomorrow at NCS Bedworth.

In section 5, it asks for at least one professional referee who knows the child in professional capacity such as solicitor, teacher, minister of religion or health visitor. The child is just 18 months and does not go to nursery or school so can't get a teacher to sign. I don't know any social worker or minister of religion who could sign. The health visitor team declined and said its not their policy to sign forms.

I have got 2 work colleagues to sign as referees on his form, both professionals (fulfill the criteria on the exhaustive list of referees), are British citizens & over 25 years of age

Just wondering if someone had been in similar situation and suggest if this would be OK or if any of the experts could please help ?

Also if somebody could please share a format for cover letter as I was thinking to mention the details in a cover letter as well.

Help in this regard would be much appreciated...

Thanks & Regards.