ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Method of application, Lawyer or NCS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

spike_UK

Method of application, Lawyer or NCS

Post by spike_UK » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:42 pm

Hi there, thanks in advance.
Is it better to send application via a lawyer or NCS?

I know NCS charges £60 for sending copy of your documents. Friend of mine knows a lawyer and he suggested me to go for it. The lawyer only charges me £40 but I don't mind about money. After how long can I request home office to send my passport back?

Once again, thanks
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

SouthWest1

Re: Method of application, Lawyer or NCS

Post by SouthWest1 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:24 am

Of course NCS. You will get all your documents back straight and you don't have to wait for them in case you need your passport in particular for travel or change of employment.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:00 am

SouthWest1 wrote:Of course NCS. You will get all your documents back straight and you don't have to wait for them in case you need your passport in particular for travel or change of employment.
Thanks mate, but if I use a lawyer,,, after how long can I request passport back? just querying.
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

SouthWest1

Post by SouthWest1 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:42 pm

to be honest, i don't really know.

Also, charging you £40 is a bit dodgy! he/she would probably charge you few hundreds for just stamping your papers :)

NCS is your best option and a lawyer won't help in a naturalization application in what so ever. basically if you meet the criteria required with no convictions ( or spent if any) then you should have nothing to worry about.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:44 pm

A solicitor could send certified copies of passport and BRP just as the NCS do.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:02 am

Thanks guys, I asked the solicitor, he only charges £40 because it's as simple as people send it through postoffice! and also NCS for only £60 so he can't ask for more! But I did ask him about sending copy, he said that he has to send the originals and he will also sign the pictures for me.
If I send it through NCS I still have to pay someone to sign my pictures! I don't think that NCS signs for us do they?
Many thanks for helping guys.
PR dated 05/03/2013

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:45 am

spike_UK wrote:Thanks guys, I asked the solicitor, he only charges £40 because it's as simple as people send it through postoffice! and also NCS for only £60 so he can't ask for more! But I did ask him about sending copy, he said that he has to send the originals and he will also sign the pictures for me.
If I send it through NCS I still have to pay someone to sign my pictures! I don't think that NCS signs for us do they?
Many thanks for helping guys.

sign your pictures ? i don't think thats a requirement. Unless i have completely missed.
I am personally going through NCS.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... orm_an.pdf ?
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

MP1982

Post by MP1982 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:37 am

You need to 2 reference from the HO approved list. You need to write your full name in bacck of the photo and take the photo with you when getting signtature on the AN form by the referee,

And you should have known those referees for minimum 3 years. Unless you know this Solicitor. But if the solicitor is not known to you for that amount of time, I cant advise you whether to take him as a referee or not.Its your discretion,

This may be what you are referring to,

Thank you,
MP

------
Comment made should not be subsititued as any professional or legal advise.

Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:10 am

Should have known those referees for minimum 3 years ?
MP1982 wrote:You need to 2 reference from the HO approved list. You need to write your full name in bacck of the photo and take the photo with you when getting signtature on the AN form by the referee,

And you should have known those referees for minimum 3 years. Unless you know this Solicitor. But if the solicitor is not known to you for that amount of time, I cant advise you whether to take him as a referee or not.Its your discretion,

This may be what you are referring to,

Thank you,
MP

------
Comment made should not be subsititued as any professional or legal advise.

Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

MP1982

Post by MP1982 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:26 pm

I have just replicated what in the form and that is what it says if I am not mistaken; Under point 5.1

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... orm_an.pdf
Attachments
5.1.PNG
5.1.PNG (69.66 KiB) Viewed 1334 times

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:38 pm

A solicitor can of course send certified copies. I wouldn't use him/her if they don't even know that!
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.