ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Dependent Visa of British Citizen

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ajaysahuin
Newly Registered

Spouse Dependent Visa of British Citizen

Post by ajaysahuin » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:13 pm

My name is Dr Ajay Sahu and I became a British citizen on 24/01/2011. I just wanted some guidance regarding application of dependent visa for my wife from India and would like to know that which category shall I apply ?

Does it has to be [ Work - PBS Tier 1 General - Tier 1 (General) Partner visa] as i have become british citizen through HSMP route

or

Can it be Settlement-Settlement-Wife

We married on 8/07/2010 but she was doing dentistry so we did not apply for dependent visa earlier although she has been to UK 3 times before on visitor visa.

Please guide

Thanks a lot

Dr Ajay Sahu
Plymouth, UK
ajaysahuin@gmail.com

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Dependent Visa of British Citizen

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:33 pm

settlement wife : spouse of british citizen is the correct one to apply for
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ajaysahuin
Newly Registered

Post by ajaysahuin » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:42 pm

Many thanks for your reply.

This means my second option - Settlement-Settlement -wife

Is it correct- Just double checking?

Is there a system in NewDelhi (India) to expedite the process like premium service in UK (ie by paying additional fees) for dependent visa. I have found for visitor visa but not for dependent visa.

Thanks

Ajay

toofan
Member of Standing

Post by toofan » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:34 pm

CR001 wrote:settlement wife : spouse of british citizen is the correct one to apply for
and contact the embassy or British high commission in new Delhi india and ask them for process of settlement wife : spouse of british citizen visa.
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
<<<<<<<TOOFAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>