ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Plaasjapie

Post by Plaasjapie » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:47 pm

Last edited by Plaasjapie on Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:11 pm

Wow!thanks for letting us know. I am sure you must have mentioned this somewhere else...How long did you and your wife live in the Uk?What kind of proof did you submit of having lived there? I am sure that will help future applicants.
Thanks!

Plaasjapie

Post by Plaasjapie » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:23 pm

Last edited by Plaasjapie on Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stmani

Post by stmani » Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:41 pm

thats a great news CONGRATS!!!!!..........how long the stamp's for????

Plaasjapie

Post by Plaasjapie » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:05 pm

Last edited by Plaasjapie on Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Re: EU1 Result!

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:58 am

Congratulations on the Residence Card!

Plaasjapie wrote:They did check our residence in a previous EU country. The "Go to Northern Ireland for a weekend" deal won't work folks. They phoned up UK immigration and asked whether we had been legally resident there.
I am not sure what leads you to think that short term residence in the UK will not work. That they call up UK immigration is good news. UK law (and Irish law) does talk about you being resident, also when it is for a short period. See http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2007/06 ... -question/ for the extracts of the relevant laws.

Plaasjapie

Post by Plaasjapie » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:52 am

Last edited by Plaasjapie on Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:30 am

Ok guys lets make it clear

Definately Plaasjapie deserves a yahooo :lol:

And dont compare his situation with yours

Following might help

Hi Guys!

My friend (South African) is an overstayer in the UK.
He has lived here since 06/2002.
He got exemption under section 8(4) of the 1971 act in 11/2002
The exemption should have been cancelled in 03/2003 but was not.

He recently married a Polish Girl that he has been living with since 04/2003. (He met her in 06/2002 and she was the reason he overstayed)
They married in the UK without permission from the UK government.

Is there a way he can regularise his position without leaving the country? (Under EU law?)

He has been working during this whole period.
She has a residence permit.

Any advice would be appreciated!

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ght=#58062

I am an accountant too :) Not a trainee one :lol:
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Plaasjapie

Post by Plaasjapie » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:11 pm

Thank you for quoting me out of context.

For your information I am a qualified accountant, not a trainee. (currently doing my MBA)
I was working for the Revenues and Benefits service, Not the army.
I was asking for a close friend, not for myself.

Don't always try to be a smart mule.
Now try to remember what I posted.
You are obviously more qualified to help people on this forum as you have passed through the gauntlet.

O, no, wait, you haven't...

If anybody other than Runie the twat wants some info, PM me or my wife (Polish, Afrikaans or English welcome.)

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:09 pm

Link removed ** by Runie80 himself
Last edited by runie80 on Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

BigAppleWoodenShoe

Post by BigAppleWoodenShoe » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:40 pm

Isn't it wonderful that the soon a person has his issue resolved, he backs out and will not show any help to other people.

Plaasjapie, this is an open forum, you can't just delete your posts and stop putting your story on paper to be spiteful.

You have been on this forum for quite a while, and I bet you always wished people would give more information.

The whole problem with the Dept of Justice is that they do not give any information. Something you probably have had issues with as well.

I think that you're being very unfair by deleting your posts.

For the people that have only seen the 0000's, what I remember from it is that Plaasjapie got his residence card in, his particular case is that he has lived in the UK before. He applied January 28th and got his residance card 2 weeks short from 6 months. He also mentioned that going for a weekend to NI doesn't help.

For some reason Plaasjapie does not want to share that with us anymore.
Dutch husband, American wife, applied for a residence card, after 7 months got a Stamp 4 visa for two years. :)

limey

Post by limey » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:52 pm

Plaas: Why remove your posts?

I came here with the intention of congratulating you and asking some questions. Don't think I'll bother now!

limey

Post by limey » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:58 pm

Plaas also said that they didn't think an EEA Family Permit obtained in another country would not be sufficient to get you into Ireland and said an ILR obtained in the UK was required. Checks were also made with UK immigration to confirm that.

But never really said why they thought that!

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:10 pm

BigAppleWoodenShoe wrote:Isn't it wonderful that the soon a person has his issue resolved, he backs out and will not show any help to other people.
For some reason Plaasjapie does not want to share that with us anymore.
I wouldn't blame Plaasjapie...I think he was annoyed at being quoted out of context and the implication that he had been an illegal in the UK.

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:14 am

archigabe wrote: I wouldn't blame Plaasjapie...I think he was annoyed at being quoted out of context and the implication that he had been an illegal in the UK.
yeh right you are ! :roll:

Out of context my mule !

His nervousness about deleting his posts is an evidence in itself for those who have the ability to understand !.

here people discuss their opinions not just delete and dissapear !

limey

Post by limey » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:49 am

Runie: I note your post has been deleted and was probably the cause of Plaas removing their posts.

I've seen some of your previous posts relating to Irish being dearly beloved and can only say that if you haven't got anything constructive to say then don't bother saying it!

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:14 am

limey wrote:Runie: I note your post has been deleted and was probably the cause of Plaas removing their posts.

I've seen some of your previous posts relating to Irish being dearly beloved and can only say that if you haven't got anything constructive to say then don't bother saying it!
Prove me here that i am dearly beloved !
provide me links of anything i said which you consider dearly beloved

your saying me dearly beloved does not make me dearly beloved.

I am what I am.

Without those links your claims dont hold any water ! and i am not removing my posts like anyone.
Also the link i removed was removed my self in good faith otherwise i still have the link and i can post there if i wish so.

Enough said ! i have better things to do in life that discussing all this rubbish with you !

Take care
Adios !

limey

Post by limey » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:29 am

Runie: I never said you are dearly beloved. Try reading the post again!

You post inflammatory things (which u later remove) and then wonder why people get offended.

This Ireland forum needs an active moderator ASAP!

microlab

Post by microlab » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 pm

runie80

Enough said ! i have better things to do in life that discussing all this rubbish with you !

Take care
Adios !
:mrgreen:

Is that adios to all of us???!!!

I guess that is the virtue and only few can comprehend and feel free to exercise.Are you one of them ???

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:39 pm

Come on guys, we're in this together.Lets not turn on each other! Runie, I hope you havent decided to abandon this board.

microlab

Post by microlab » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:18 pm

Lets not turn on each other!
Nobody suggested that.

BUT as times go by,one would certanly get an idea where and when to stop and leave.

Notion "move on" would be more appropriate :wink: