ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about ILR (Biometric information)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Dinolejla
Newly Registered

Question about ILR (Biometric information)

Post by Dinolejla » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:13 pm

Hi I'm new to this forum and noticed that there's a lot of nice people here willing to offer help and advice so I thought I would join up to ask a question that has been worrying me a little.

Im a UK citizen from birth and my wife is here on a spouse Visa which is due to expire soon.
at the moment we want to book our appointment at Croydon Immigration office for my wifes ILR.
she has all the documents needed and passed her LIUK and IELTS tests.

My question is about the Biometric information.

As we are applying in person at the premium office in Croydon. Do we need to sort the biometric information ourselves before we go or will they do that at the office during our appointment???

Ive read a few saying it gets done at the office if you apply in person but just wanted to double check with anyone that may know for sure here.

If anyone has been through a similar application I would appreciate any advise as to what documents we need to bring with us to help us prepare.

Thanks in advance for your help

Dino

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Question about ILR (Biometric information)

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:44 pm

Your post should be in the ILR section, perhaps a Moderator can move it.

Your biometrics will be done as part of the appointment on the day.

Also, you only need to book an appointment for 1 person (the applicant) but you as the British spouse need to attend with her and they will allow you in without any problems.

If you haven't made an appointment yet, best you do it soon as often there are few or no appointments available if you leave booking it too late.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Dinolejla
Newly Registered

Re: Question about ILR (Biometric information)

Post by Dinolejla » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:49 pm

Thanks mate I had a feeling it was in the wrong section I do apologize about that if anyone can move it please do.

And yea im aware of everything else it was just the biometrics that confused me a bit. Thanks again and sorry about the post!

Dino