ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

HSMPLOCHA

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by HSMPLOCHA » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:24 pm

Method of Application: PO Check & Send (Aylesbury) completely useless btw.. Very annoyed
Date of Application: 13/02/2014 - 2A +1C
Date of Application Received by IPS: 15/02/2014-called passport office and they confirmed
Date of SMS Received: did not get one
Date of Receipt of Interview Letter: 26/02/2014
Date of Return of Documents: 26/02/2014 -collected personally from HMPO due to an emergency.
Date of Passport Interview Appointment: 11/03/2014
Date of Passport Receipt: TBA

Kat894
Newly Registered

Post by Kat894 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:17 pm

Send my passport application on the 24 Feb check and send call passport office today they still can't see it on their system, is anyone still waiting from that time, really stressing me now, does it depend on the office they send it to?
Last edited by Kat894 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uknotts
Newly Registered

Post by uknotts » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:20 pm

HSMPLOCHA wrote:Method of Application: PO Check & Send (Aylesbury) completely useless btw.. Very annoyed
Date of Application: 13/02/2014 - 2A +1C
Date of Application Received by IPS: 15/02/2014-called passport office and they confirmed
Date of SMS Received: did not get one
Date of Receipt of Interview Letter: 26/02/2014
Date of Return of Documents: 26/02/2014 -collected personally from HMPO due to an emergency.
Date of Passport Interview Appointment: 11/03/2014
Date of Passport Receipt: TBA
Hi, could you please advise how to collect the support document personally from HMPO? I have a unexpected situation as well. Many thanks

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:08 pm

Hi Kat894,

I think it does depend upon which regional office you apply to, just like various PEOs are different in terms of service standards and even approval rates.

I was thinking of calling for an update too, which number did you call? And how did you get this information, as when I called today the recording said I need to have a application number with me for enquiry about an application.

Is this the barcode on the passport form?

Regards
Challenges make life worth it!

Kat894
Newly Registered

Post by Kat894 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:25 pm

I call 03002220000 and u need to have the barcode from the receipt they gave at the post office I will wait if don't get anything i call back again by Friday/Sat.
Last edited by Kat894 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

khurrambutt
Newly Registered

Post by khurrambutt » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:27 pm

Passport for: Adult + 2 Children
Application Type: New
Method of application: Check & Send (Manchester/ Salford) Will be sent to Liverpool office.
Date of application: 11/03/2014
Date application received by IPS:
Date of return of documents:
Date of receipt of interview letter:
Date of Passport Appointment:
Date of Passport Receipt:

The lady at Check and Send was very thorough and helpful. She put my application in a separate envelop and my two children's in one because there was a court order for both children. She told me that I will receive my children's passport within 3 weeks but mine will take up to six weeks because of the interview. My countersignatory put the date as 04 instead of 03 and then corrected it. The lady at post office told me that this may be a problem? I am woried now. Has any one had any such issue?

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:34 pm

Thanks Kat894, I applied myself, so I am guessing this is the barcode on top of the form. Thank god I took a copy before sending :).

Keyz87
Newly Registered

Post by Keyz87 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:12 pm

Passport for: Adult
Method of application: Check & Send
Date of application: 20/02/2014
Date of sms: 25/02/2014 / was sent to examination on the 24/02/2014, found this information out by ringing up
Date of return of documents: Missed DX courier 11/03/2014 have arranged for documents to be delivered tmrw 12/03/2014
Date of receipt of interview letter: 11/03/2014 dated 7/03/2014
Date of Passport Appointment: 19/03/2014 but will ring to see if they have any sooner dates
Date of Passport Receipt:

Keyz87
Newly Registered

Post by Keyz87 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:28 pm

Oh yeh the email service is quite good, the email address can be found via the gov site. I emailed them to ask the status of my application after calling the helpline and not getting much help, within two days they had emailed me back saying that a interview letter had been sent out on the 7th of march which I received today the 11th of march.

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:46 pm

Hi Keyz87,

You just answered my biggest question, which I asked earlier but no-one quite answered it. How do we get our documents back if opted for secure delivery, is it by Royal Mail recorded delivery, or the DX courier.

From your post, its clear they are returned by DX courier, and they need a sign too. Cool, thanks! Hoping mine will come through sometime this week.

Regards

nmm

Post by nmm » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:53 pm

Hi,

I sent my application through post office check & send service and I am very much disappointed from this service.

1. The lady who checked my application was not expert & did lots of mistakes like she forgot to stamp couple of time after checking and I pointed out to her.

2. There is no tracking available. Although this is a special delivery but I am unable to track so I don't know the status of delivery.

3. It's been 6 days since I send my application and received no sms notification from HMPO. I called them couple of time but they don't have my information with them. They asked me to wait for 10 days.

4. I called the post office/visit branch but they are unable to do any help. They ask to call HMPO.

It's really frustrating and I am regretting my decision to use Post office check & send service.

Please LEARN from my EXPERIENCE and don't use this service. This is rubbish & crap service. :evil:

Keyz87
Newly Registered

Post by Keyz87 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:54 pm

Hi InUkOnHsmp

I was a bit worried at first because my documents had not been returned, but today the door bell rang, I ran to get the door but missed it, looked out of my window and saw a guy with a DX jacket on getting in his car. I called to him but he did not hear me and drove off. I then went to the DX website and found this number: 08443710000
Its a automated service and asks for a tracking number but just press the star key and it puts you through to somebody. I explained to the guy on the phone and he tracked my documents for me and arranged another date. Im sure if you ring and explain to them that you are expecting an item they can track and see where it is.

Hope this helps
Last edited by Keyz87 on Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:58 pm

Thanks for the explaination keyz87, really helpful. I might try to give both the HMPO and the DX guys a call tomorrow.

Nmm, really sorry to hear about your experience. I have seen similar experiences on this forum, and hence went with a self application. Good luck mate.

Regards

khurrambutt
Newly Registered

Post by khurrambutt » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:02 am

There do not seem to be a lot of applications in March for passport?

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:30 am

Can you also share the email address you emailed on keyz87?

EugeneZBajin
Newly Registered

Post by EugeneZBajin » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:44 am

Method of application: Check & Send (Cambridge Post office)
Date of application: 20 Feb 2014
Date application received by IPS: no idea
Date of return of documents: STILL WAITING!!!!!!
Date of receipt of interview letter: 8 March 2014
Date of Passport Interview: 11 March 2014 (Peterborough)
Date of Passport Receipt: waiting

According to the posts people usually receive their original docs same day as the interview letter or +-2 days. Still didn't receive my, called Passport office but they didn't want to look into it and told me to call again if I didn't receive them by the time my UK passport arrives. Should I be worried?

Monika_33
Newly Registered

Post by Monika_33 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:50 am

EugeneZBajin wrote:Passport for: Adult
Method of application: Check & Send (Cambridge Post office)
Date of application: 20 Feb 2014
Date of return of documents: STILL WAITING!!!!!!
Date of receipt of interview letter: 8 March 2014
Date of Passport Interview: 11 March 2014 (Peterborough)

According to the posts people usually receive their original docs same day as the interview letter or +-2 days. Still didn't receive my, called Passport office but they didn't want to look into it and told me to call again if I didn't receive them by the time my UK passport arrives. Should I be worried?
Don't worry! I received my original docs and passport back the day before I got the British passport.

raya
Newly Registered

Post by raya » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:15 am

Hi,
I had sent my application through check and send on 26th Feb. I received a text on 3rd March saying that the application is received. After that I didn't get any letter with any information required or interview date. Can anyone suggest me?

Many thanks.

lad2777

Post by lad2777 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:15 am

8 days wasted by check and send rip off, while for lower price It could have been delivered on the next day. Obviously post office stay quite to my complaint, they kept my application for a few days to collect as much was possible and then to send all applications at once. They make such a big profit on it, thats why post workers tell all stories to make you use check and send, never again, now I need to wait one extra week when I really need a passport

suleman_toor
Newly Registered

Post by suleman_toor » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:54 am

raya wrote:
suleman_toor wrote:Method of Application: PO Check & Send
Date of Application: 20/02/2014
Date of Application Received by IPS (received a text message): 23/02/2014
Date of Receipt of Interview Letter: 07/03/2014
Date of Passport Interview Appointment: 13/03/2014
Date of Return of Documents: 10/03/2014
Date of Passport Receipt: Pending
I have used check and send from the passport, it was sent on 26th Feb. Only the amount has been taken, no letter or documents received.

Any information, highly appreciated.

thanks

Hi, Sorry for the delay, have you recieved a txt message from HMPO about the payment? even if you havent doesnt mean that your case is not being processed, give yourself 2 - 2 1/2 weeks for the interview letter, your documents should follow that very shortly. According to their website, summers are busy hence no reason to think your case will be delayed due to back log. hope it helps. good luck!

Bash1oo

Post by Bash1oo » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:47 pm

raya wrote:Hi,
I had sent my application through check and send on 26th Feb. I received a text on 3rd March saying that the application is received. After that I didn't get any letter with any information required or interview date. Can anyone suggest me?

Many thanks.
Not to worry raya, you should get your interview letter by the end of the week based on others timeline.

Good luck

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:02 pm

Recieved the interview letters and the documents today, updated timelines and a query:

Application Timeline
Passport for: 2 Adults (wife changed name to married name using deed poll, attached with her application)
Method of Application: Self (Sent to passport office via RM SD)
Date of sending application: 25/02/2014
Date Application Received by IPS: 26/02/2014
Date SMS Received: 28/02/2014
Date of Receipt of Interview Letter: 12/03/2014
Date of Return of Documents: 12/03/2014
Date of Passport Interview Appointment: TBC
Date of Passport Receipt: Waiting

Query:

I called the passport office and the earliest appointment in Peterborough (the nearest to us) is next Friday, Luton however has one on Tuesday. Any advice on whether I should wait for Peterborough or just go with the Luton?

Does the passport office matter so much? If not, I will just go with Luton and gain 4 days in the process.

Regards

MattSule

Post by MattSule » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:14 pm

Method of application: Check & Send (Abbey wood Post office)
Date of application: 12 March 2014
Date of return of documents: Waiting
Date of receipt of interview letter: wait
Date of Passport Interview: waiting

zubbshah
Mood:
India

Post by zubbshah » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:58 pm

well, i'd suggest if u can arrange that day for Luton rather than Peterborough...then why not...in 4 days..once uve had ur ID Interview you would get ur passport...

well, i wasnt getting an early date for london...the earliest was on 19th of this month..but they had early slots available else where..
so I selected in reading and was done in about less than 10 mins yes..

and coming back to your question..passport office doenst matter at all...they have all the information with them...so irrespective of your nearest office..they wouldnt question you as to why you opted for Luton than PeterB..

hope that answers ur question buddy ! :)
InUkOnHsmp wrote:Recieved the interview letters and the documents today, updated timelines and a query:

Application Timeline
Passport for: 2 Adults (wife changed name to married name using deed poll, attached with her application)
Method of Application: Self (Sent to passport office via RM SD)
Date of sending application: 25/02/2014
Date Application Received by IPS: 26/02/2014
Date SMS Received: 28/02/2014
Date of Receipt of Interview Letter: 12/03/2014
Date of Return of Documents: 12/03/2014
Date of Passport Interview Appointment: TBC
Date of Passport Receipt: Waiting

Query:

I called the passport office and the earliest appointment in Peterborough (the nearest to us) is next Friday, Luton however has one on Tuesday. Any advice on whether I should wait for Peterborough or just go with the Luton?

Does the passport office matter so much? If not, I will just go with Luton and gain 4 days in the process.

Regards

zubbshah
Mood:
India

Post by zubbshah » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:06 pm

hello Simha,
it doesnt matter...the interview process is nothing but just to identify the correct identity and they make sure they are giving the passport to the correct individual rather than some one else who is trying to nick ones identity...so even if you havent been at the current address for less than 2 yrs..or perhaps 2 months.. it doesnt matter..

the interviewer told me...its just to protect ID theft and fraud..and all they wanna make sure is to give the passport to the actual candidate and not someone else...so dont worry..
take it easy buddy :D

Simha wrote:Hi All,
I moved to new address after I got naturalisation(got naturalised on 21-02-2014, moved on 22-02-2014 morning), so I have applied for British passport from my new address(on 22-02-2014 evening), will that be a problem in the interview? as mowaid saying do I need to be in current address for 2 yerars?