ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which online application type for the form VAF4A

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tyeo
Newly Registered

Which online application type for the form VAF4A

Post by tyeo » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:33 am

Hi,

I need to apply for "Apply to join family living permanently in the UK" which I believe is form
VAF4A and appendix 2. My wife is living in Russia and I am a British Citizen in the UK, she now needs to join me in the UK. We are not applying for settlement, rather this will be her joining me in the UK for the first time and I will be her sponsor.

However when my wife and I apply online (visa4uk) the visa categories are a little confusing and I am just trying to select the correct application form. On the site for "Reason for visit" I assume it is not Settlement and we should select "Visit" visa. Under "Visit type" you can then select "Family". You can then choose long term visitor visa 1, 2, 5, 10 years. However if we selected say 2 years, the questions don't look familiar to the form VAF4A, the questions seem more focused on tourist visit questions. Any advice on which category to select would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Which online application type for the form VAF4A

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:54 am

it is settlement for a spouse visa
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tyeo
Newly Registered

Re: Which online application type for the form VAF4A

Post by tyeo » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:13 pm

Thank you CR001! I really appreciate your answer