ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mohat
Newly Registered

Re: December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

Post by mohat » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:43 pm

Hello everyone - I am only posting it to tell share my experience of calling HO and credibility of their response

I called on 3rd march , 5th march and I called today and they said it's in progress not completed and it takes 6 months, I replied I will call next week. When I get home after work 7th March I found this brown envelope -approval.

Eligibility criteria: Partner of BC (3 yrs)
Language criteria:life in the uk test plus Master Degree
Method of application:NCS Hatfield
Date of application:3/1/14
Date of receipt :4/1/14 (tracking through)
Payment method:CC
Date of fee :balance drop (23/1/14)
date of acknowledgment:28/1/14
date of approval: 2nd March Sunday
date of approval received: 07/03/14
Date of ceremony: Not booked yet

I have been observing timelines in November 13, December 13 and January 14 and was constantly calling HO to get updates on my application and every time I called I had below response.

still in progress
it takes 6 months
not allocated yet

I called on 3rd march , 5th march and I called today and they said it's in progress not completed and it takes 6 months, I replied I will call next week. When I get home after work I found this brown envelope -approval.

I will say all of you please don't bother calling them because they don't know anything progress.....

Good luck to you Guys hope you get your approvals very soon ... God bless you all and my heart goes to all applicants specially to Oct, November , December who still have not received approvals.

whynot
Newly Registered

Post by whynot » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:25 pm

collipu wrote:
whynot wrote:I am very concerned now ...i applied on the 13th of December and i am still waiting ....I can see people in January 2014 receiving their approvals and i am not sure where mine is ..any one else still waiting ?
Waiting too.
did you hear anything ?

whynot
Newly Registered

Post by whynot » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:30 pm

Hello every one, I got home today and saw that i have missed a registered delivery from RM and from the sticker i know its my documents from UKBA (I sent originals). I am so anxious right now only you guys can understand , i just cant wait to pick them up from RM office tomorrow. Just a question on my mind though, is it just my documents that they have sent or will it be a latter with the decision as well ? I am so nervous ...Good luck everyone who is still waiting I am so excited and nervous at the same time .

sharjeelpk

Post by sharjeelpk » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Finally Got the envelope with Approval and all Docs.
Best of luck guys and thanks to everyone and this Board

whynot
Newly Registered

Post by whynot » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:55 pm

congratulations Sharjeel, i have a question .the letter i got had my passport and orignal docs in it but also a letter saying that i need to prove where I was between 2009 to 2012 , arghhh i need to get this done in 20 days too ..i am only glad i have a few letters saved from those years and have p60s and a few wage slips ..i really hope its enough, as i am really anxious and concerned now...all the best to everyone here .

anotherbrickinthewall

Post by anotherbrickinthewall » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:29 pm

[quote="whynot"]congratulations Sharjeel, i have a question .the letter i got had my passport and orignal docs in it but also a letter saying that i need to prove where I was between 2009 to 2012 , arghhh i need to get this done in 20 days too ..i am only glad i have a few letters saved from those years and have p60s and a few wage slips ..i really hope its enough, as i am really anxious and concerned now...all the best to everyone here .[/quote]

That's unusual. Have they given any reason why they are asking for this? They could've worked this out from the passport stamps or asked HMRC. Also, have they given any guidance on how you can prove your presence for that period?

bhossan100

Post by bhossan100 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:43 pm

Hi
This forum has been very helpful. Thanks to all members. Finally received my documents back and approval letter on 7th March 2014.

Eligibility criteria: HSMP+Tier 1+ILR
Nationality: Bangladeshi
Method of application: Self ( me, wife and my daughter)
Date of application: 24/12/13
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 27/12/13
Date of acknowledgment: 23/01/14 dated 19/01/14
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 19/01/14
Date approval received: 07/03/2014 dated 05/03/2014
Date of ceremony: Still waiting for invitation letter

Do you know how long it takes to get the brown envelops?

whynot
Newly Registered

Post by whynot » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:41 pm

anotherbrickinthewall wrote:
whynot wrote:congratulations Sharjeel, i have a question .the letter i got had my passport and orignal docs in it but also a letter saying that i need to prove where I was between 2009 to 2012 , arghhh i need to get this done in 20 days too ..i am only glad i have a few letters saved from those years and have p60s and a few wage slips ..i really hope its enough, as i am really anxious and concerned now...all the best to everyone here .
That's unusual. Have they given any reason why they are asking for this? They could've worked this out from the passport stamps or asked HMRC. Also, have they given any guidance on how you can prove your presence for that period?
i did not have a passport in those 3 years....they are not giving any reason for the request to see my travel documents, but i presume it has something to do with checking i i have lived in the country, yes if they had checked with HMRC that could have saved time for all of us but hey... now i have to send a letter from tax return or p60s or employment record or any record of being in the country to prove it ...i mean i have only one nationality at the moment and no other i am applying for British citizenship how and when am i gonna go anywhere ? i am just thinking its just frustrating i dont want British citizenship but i need it i need it ...i am begging for itat the moment as so much other things depend on it in our lives ..good luck everyone G-d bless, i cant say enough about the companionship this group has shown i am blessed and thankful .

collipu

Post by collipu » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:12 pm

whynot wrote:congratulations Sharjeel, i have a question .the letter i got had my passport and orignal docs in it but also a letter saying that i need to prove where I was between 2009 to 2012 , arghhh i need to get this done in 20 days too ..i am only glad i have a few letters saved from those years and have p60s and a few wage slips ..i really hope its enough, as i am really anxious and concerned now...all the best to everyone here .
Did you provide any P60s etc? If not sending these should be sufficient.

collipu

Post by collipu » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:01 pm

December has suddenly become very quiete...

samyknight
Newly Registered

Post by samyknight » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:36 pm

applied on th 23/12 and still waiting the decision,my private solicitor said he cant do anything about it,dont know what to do and cant wait moreeee :evil: :evil: :evil:

collipu

Post by collipu » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:40 pm

samyknight wrote:applied on th 23/12 and still waiting the decision,my private solicitor said he cant do anything about it,dont know what to do and cant wait moreeee :evil: :evil: :evil:
Same here. Applying via solicitor and paying extra seems useless. They can't even follow up!

Green apple

Post by Green apple » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:22 am

I'm still waiting too applied through a private solicetor I called today but tht same answer in progress , your solicitor won't be able to do anything before the 6 months period ends !

Green apple

Post by Green apple » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:22 am

I'm still waiting too applied through a private solicetor I called today but tht same answer in progress , your solicitor won't be able to do anything before the 6 months period ends !

samyknight
Newly Registered

Post by samyknight » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:12 am

sharjeelpk wrote:Finally Got the envelope with Approval and all Docs.
Best of luck guys and thanks to everyone and this Board

HI SHARJEEIPK JUST WANT TO ASK YOU IF YOU DONT MIND,WHEN THEY SEND YOU ALL THE DOC BACK DID THEY SEND YOU THE INVITATION LETTER WITH?AND IF NO DID YOU GET IT NOW?DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG IS TAKE THEM TO SEND THE INVIT LETTER?

HSMP_MBA_provision
Newly Registered

Post by HSMP_MBA_provision » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:27 am

HSMP_MBA_provision wrote:
HSMP_MBA_provision wrote:Eligibility Criteria: 2Y HSMP MBA Pro+ 3 Year Tier 1+ 1 ILR
Language criteria met: MBA UK
Method of application: Special Delivery - NCS Manchester
Date of application: 20 December 2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 23 December 2013
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: Credit Card
Date of debit or clearance of fees: Payment showing pending on CC statement (22/01/14)
Date of acknowledgment: Awaiting
Date approval received: Awaiting
Date ony: Awaiting

(Joint Application with wife- She has B1 Test from Trinity College for English proof)

Credit card balance dropped today 22jan14!!! Should get aknlowdgement soon!
Just called this morning and was told the letter has been issued on 5th of March :)
Still waiting for the post . Hopefully it is the good news.

Just a quick question. Can we book ceremony without the letter or not? I rang the council and they said I need the letter in order to book.

Thanks for everyone for the support and good luck to all.

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:44 am

Congratulations HSMP_MBA_provision,

The UKBA send an approval letter to you, and a similar letter to the council saying you have been approved. Till the council have that letter, you cannot book the ceremony.

In case the council have it on their system, but you have not received the letter, but are sure its an approval, it may be ok to tell them you have and book a ceremony. You will definitely need this letter on the ceremony, so going by the reliability of royal mail second class post, I wont recommend booking a private ceremony in the near future based on this.

HTH
Challenges make life worth it!

sameeer

Post by sameeer » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:46 am

rikken wrote:
sameeer wrote:
anotherbrickinthewall wrote:They could be focussing on applications recieved in 2014 so they can report healthy stats for the current year.
So what about those who applied earlier ... let them suffer for some stupid stats !
This is tosh.

sameeer why are you so negative? Just about every time you post you're attacking the people making the decisions or the call centre staff.

Just because you have a rubbish attitude it doesn't mean you have to bring everyone else down with you.

Congratulations Rikken ... you would definitely speak since you got your approval with a quick turn around... what would you know how it feels to have applied months before you or even those who applied last month who are getting approvals... There are also applicants with previous convictions spent/unspent getting approval... But like mine all those who are waiting since months though being a straight forward case, its frustrating...

Its a fact that there is a big hole in the way ho operates ... and it must be accepted and corrected, rather than being defending their under performance. Criticisims to be taken constructively is the right attitude not the one you host just because you got your approval ... anyways congrats on your approval ...

samyknight
Newly Registered

Post by samyknight » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:04 am

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Congratulations HSMP_MBA_provision,

The UKBA send an approval letter to you, and a similar letter to the council saying you have been approved. Till the council have that letter, you cannot book the ceremony.

In case the council have it on their system, but you have not received the letter, but are sure its an approval, it may be ok to tell them you have and book a ceremony. You will definitely need this letter on the ceremony, so going by the reliability of royal mail second class post, I wont recommend booking a private ceremony in the near future based on this.

HTH

and how long is take for invitation letter to arrive after approval?plz

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:45 am

Hi samyknight,

In my case, the approval was given on 11th, and the letter reached me on the 20th. So please allow for 1-2 weeks for the letter to arrive.

Regards

samyknight
Newly Registered

Post by samyknight » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:05 am

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Hi samyknight,

In my case, the approval was given on 11th, and the letter reached me on the 20th. So please allow for 1-2 weeks for the letter to arrive.

Regards

HI just another question in the passport application do i need to fill section 4,my parents and grandparent are tunisian and got nothing to do with the uk

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:32 am

As far as I know, parents details are needed, grandparents's are not.

HTH

collipu

Post by collipu » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:09 pm

Finally got my approval today.

Eligibility criteria: 5yrs+1yr ILR
Language criteria met: UK degree
Method of application: Post
Date of application: 11-12-13
Payment method: Draft
Date of receipt by UKBA: 12-12-13
Date of acknowledgement: 19-1-14
Date of debit or clearance of fees: n/a
Date approval received: 13 March
Date of ceremony: TBC

Two observations:
1) The call centre is not uptodate. I called yesterday late afternoon and was told my application was still "incomplete" whereas the letter was already dispatched.
2) Delays have nothing to do with nationality.

sidhujazz

Post by sidhujazz » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:34 pm

Congrats Collipu.

you have been waiting for a long time now.

Best wishes for the future mate.

HSMP_MBA_provision
Newly Registered

Post by HSMP_MBA_provision » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:36 pm

collipu wrote:Finally got my approval today.

Eligibility criteria: 5yrs+1yr ILR
Language criteria met: UK degree
Method of application: Post
Date of application: 11-12-13
Payment method: Draft
Date of receipt by UKBA: 12-12-13
Date of acknowledgement: 19-1-14
Date of debit or clearance of fees: n/a
Date approval received: 13 March
Date of ceremony: TBC

Two observations:
1) The call centre is not uptodate. I called yesterday late afternoon and was told my application was still "incomplete" whereas the letter was already dispatched.
2) Delays have nothing to do with nationality.
Congratulation mate. Finally wait is over. I am still waiting for my letter issued on 5th of March.

What date your letter was issued? I don't know how long it will take to arrive.