ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Kids passport application - naturalised parents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

InUkOnHsmp

Kids passport application - naturalised parents

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:01 pm

Hi Forum,

I have received my passport interview letter today, and will have to travel to one of the passport interview centers sometime next week for my and wife's passport interview.

Now we have a 2 week old daughter, we also want to apply for her passport soon, and do not want to travel again. Is it possible for us to apply for her passport on the same trip, using a fast track appointment and providing our naturalisation certificates as proof, rather than passports?

We will have our Indian passports and BRP cards, I wonder if I should use them instead.

Suggestions?

Regards
Challenges make life worth it!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Kids passport application - naturalised parents

Post by Jambo » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:27 pm

Yes you can assuming you get an appointment and your interview is in an office which offers fast track (there are many more interview offices than fast track ones).

You do know that children don't have an interview and can just apply by post, right?
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

InUkOnHsmp

Re: Kids passport application - naturalised parents

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:32 pm

Thanks for the inputs Jambo.

Yes I am aware of that, but I have seen on the timelines thread that even kids passports can take 2-3 weeks to come, and we do not have that kind of time, so just going for the fast track one.

Thanks again!
Challenges make life worth it!