ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Difficult to locate english test centre

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chorc123

Difficult to locate english test centre

Post by chorc123 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:20 pm

Hi everyone,
We are going to apply citizenship shortly. We have passed life in the uk few years ago. Due to the change of rule, we have to pass B1 English before applying. However, I have contacted the college which states they are one of the centre in HO link. I was told they are not one of the centre when I contacted them in person. Then, I email to the person who shows in the website, but no answer at all. This college provides the Cambridge English and others English courses but we do not have time to attend any of them.
I have read that Trinity College grade 5 is acceptable, can anyone tell me how much does it cost?
We are living in North East England.
Can anyone give us any advice?
Thank you very much.

keerthi

Re: Difficult to locate english test centre

Post by keerthi » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:35 pm

Saw some adverts related to Training connect, You can contact them if some center is near by you.

chorc123

Post by chorc123 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:49 pm

keerthi wrote:Saw some adverts related to Training connect, You can contact them if some center is near by you.
Hi, thank you for your reply.
Just had a quick look of the Training connect website, it looks like they only provide the course. I want to just sit for the English test without attending the course.
Any ideas??

keerthi

Post by keerthi » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:23 pm

I think they provide just the exam, if you call them.

TTOE

Post by TTOE » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:45 pm

chorc123 wrote:Hi everyone,
We are going to apply citizenship shortly. We have passed life in the uk few years ago. Due to the change of rule, we have to pass B1 English before applying. However, I have contacted the college which states they are one of the centre in HO link. I was told they are not one of the centre when I contacted them in person. Then, I email to the person who shows in the website, but no answer at all. This college provides the Cambridge English and others English courses but we do not have time to attend any of them.
I have read that Trinity College grade 5 is acceptable, can anyone tell me how much does it cost?
We are living in North East England.
Can anyone give us any advice?
Thank you very much.
Try Trinity College website - very detailed and cost wise I think 125pds or sightly less or more. Go on the website.

chorc123

Post by chorc123 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:16 pm

keerthi wrote:I think they provide just the exam, if you call them.
Thank you for your reply. Yes, I have been there in person, then on the phone with them, and they said no. Then, I emailed them, but no reply at all.
I will try Trinity college, but my partner prefer the B1. That's why!!

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:05 pm

keerthi wrote:I will try Trinity college, but my partner prefer the B1. That's why!!

The Trinity College London's GESE grade 5 is a speaking & listening exam at B1 level on the CEFR* / ESOL Entry level 3 on NQF* (Speaking & Listening)
The GESE grade 5 is on the Home Office's list of approved English tests (see last entry on page 35):
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -tests.pdf

The test costs only £125 which is quite reasonable as there are other places and tests which are charging extortionate fees. :D

chorc123

Post by chorc123 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:47 pm

navalaviator wrote:
keerthi wrote:I will try Trinity college, but my partner prefer the B1. That's why!!

The Trinity College London's GESE grade 5 is a speaking & listening exam at B1 level on the CEFR* / ESOL Entry level 3 on NQF* (Speaking & Listening)
The GESE grade 5 is on the Home Office's list of approved English tests (see last entry on page 35):
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -tests.pdf

The test costs only £125 which is quite reasonable as there are other places and tests which are charging extortionate fees. :D
Thank you for your reply.
I will email them this week to find out more details.

xeel

Post by xeel » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:22 pm

try: http://englishexamcentres.co.uk/

This is what the Trinity College gave me when i called them. The website has details about the requirements as well. Cheapest option I could find to be honest, and takes AT MOST 10 days to get the certificate.

jmehmud

Post by jmehmud » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:29 pm

Hi Guys,

I thought to help you out. I used www.englishexamcentres.co.uk to book my test and I took Leeds because it was closet to my city. It was the cheapest option as well. I took B1 CEFR test. Test took not more then 10 minutes, infect it took less then 10 minutes. Staff in Leeds are very helpful. 15-20 minutes to do some formalities and then actual test was taken by a lady one to one conversation. You will get result on the spot but will receive certificate in 3/4 days. I will suggest you to choose special delivery because if Royal Mail will loose your certificate then you will have to sit in the test again.

Let me know if I can assist you any more.

Regards.
Jasim Mehmud

chorc123

Post by chorc123 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:04 pm

jmehmud wrote:Hi Guys,

I thought to help you out. I used http://www.englishexamcentres.co.uk to book my test and I took Leeds because it was closet to my city. It was the cheapest option as well. I took B1 CEFR test. Test took not more then 10 minutes, infect it took less then 10 minutes. Staff in Leeds are very helpful. 15-20 minutes to do some formalities and then actual test was taken by a lady one to one conversation. You will get result on the spot but will receive certificate in 3/4 days. I will suggest you to choose special delivery because if Royal Mail will loose your certificate then you will have to sit in the test again.

Let me know if I can assist you any more.

Regards.
Thank you for your reply.
I have looked through the website, unfortunately, it is fully booked in my area till May!!!
What else I can do? I cannot travel too far because I have other things to do most days.

jmehmud

Post by jmehmud » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:25 pm

To b honest, this is the cheapest option but Irving can afford then u can go to Bradford. They charge 185 quid or Manchester
Jasim Mehmud