ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Section 3.5 PAYE REFERENCE or UTR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

newbie_t

Section 3.5 PAYE REFERENCE or UTR

Post by newbie_t » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:15 am

Hi all,

I am a limited company director, drawing salary and dividends. (I pay PAYE and NI as well). I have ticked 'Director' and 'Employee' options in Section 3.2.

3.3 and 3.4 has my limited company name and address (same as my residential address) respectively.

In 3.5, should I put PAYE reference from my p60 or Unique Tax Reference (UTR) from self-assessment or both :? ?

Apologies if this question has been asked so many times, however I couldn't see a clear answer, hence repeating.

Please could someone advise on this?

Many thanks,
Kayen

collipu

Re: Section 3.5 PAYE REFERENCE or UTR

Post by collipu » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:21 am

You can put both in.

newbie_t

Post by newbie_t » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:51 pm

Thanks Collipu.

I checked with my local NCS and they asked me to bring a copy of latest self assessment as well :? (even though I am paying PAYE)

Not sure where to get that from though, I checked on HMRC portal, don't seem to have an option to print out the latest self assesment.

collipu

Post by collipu » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:52 pm

newbie_t wrote:Thanks Collipu.

I checked with my local NCS and they asked me to bring a copy of latest self assessment as well :? (even though I am paying PAYE)

Not sure where to get that from though, I checked on HMRC portal, don't seem to have an option to print out the latest self assesment.
If you have never done a self assessment then you won't see one. If you are LTD director you have to go through self assessment.

newbie_t

Post by newbie_t » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:00 pm

Well, I received a printed copy of my latest self assessment (up until April 2013) from my accountant yesterday.

It has both UTR and PAYE reference on it, which I am putting in section 3.5

I hope this should be OK if I have ticked 'Employee' and 'Director' options in section 3.2

CD_April2013ILR

Post by CD_April2013ILR » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:08 pm

Hi,

My Wife has never submitted self assessment before as she did not work and this year is the first time she is going submit her self assessment as ltd company director and employee. our accountant has said that he is going to file a UTR for her tomorrow.

What should we do now? as we are going for BC in April 2014. Is it ok if we just take her payslips and dividend vouchers and accountant letter? Anyone please help....

Regards
CD

newbie_t

Post by newbie_t » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:15 pm

How are you applying? If its through NCS, then probably ask them.

In my case they were helpful and very specific about self assessment to be submitted along with my application, as I am a director and employee of my LTD company.

CD_April2013ILR

Post by CD_April2013ILR » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:18 pm

Thank you newbie_t

But she has not submitted self assessment till now. What should she do now?

Regards
CD

collipu

Post by collipu » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:18 pm

newbie_t wrote:Well, I received a printed copy of my latest self assessment (up until April 2013) from my accountant yesterday.

I hope this should be OK if I have ticked 'Employee' and 'Director' options in section 3.2
That should be sufficient. Ok to tick both as you are both.

newbie_t

Post by newbie_t » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:28 pm

CD_April2013ILR wrote:Thank you newbie_t

But she has not submitted self assessment till now. What should she do now?

Regards
CD
Sounds like she has recently started working (contracting). if that's the case, you can mention that, as self assessments are done April -April and submitted the following October/January (if its done online).

newbie_t

Post by newbie_t » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:31 pm

collipu wrote:
newbie_t wrote:Well, I received a printed copy of my latest self assessment (up until April 2013) from my accountant yesterday.

That should be sufficient. Ok to tick both as you are both.
Thank you

CD_April2013ILR

Post by CD_April2013ILR » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:46 pm

Thank you Collipu

Yes she started taking salary and dividends from July 2013, so she will be submitting her self assessment only after april 2014 for the first time for this financial year. Can she submit payslips, dividend vouchers and accountant letter instead of self assessment statement.

Regards
CD

CD_April2013ILR

Post by CD_April2013ILR » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:18 pm

I am reading the Naturalisation as a British citizen - a guide for applicants: guide AN
and in that it was mentioned as below on Page 8 and Page 16

Page 8
3.1 – 3.5. If you do not pay income tax through PAYE you must demonstrate that you have discharged your obligations towards the H.M. Revenue & Customs, by attaching a Self Assessment Statement of Account (see page 16).

Page 16
SELF-EMPLOYED APPLICANTS
If you do not pay tax through Pay As You Earn (PAYE) arrangements, we require
• The most recent HM Revenue & Customs Self Assessment Statement of Account

My wife is paying Tax and NI through PAYE arrangements then hope it should be fine with out self assessment statement.

Need anyone comments.. Thank you

Regards
CD

newbie_t

Post by newbie_t » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:19 am

Update on my case :

The NCS representative stricked off the UTR from my application form. She said, simple rule of thumb is - as far as the company is paying tax on my behalf, I am not self-employed and she doesn't need my self assessment statement.

Hope this helps someone else who are in similar situation.