ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can anyone answer these Interview questions

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

TSAZ

Can anyone answer these Interview questions

Post by TSAZ » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:29 pm

Hi all,
Can anyone answer these question.
it would be really helpful.
thanks in advance
Q: how much potential profit do you expect this year?
Q: what does mean cash from receivable.
Q:what is monthly revenue break-even
Q: what does mean by fixed assets
Q:how come rent and rates and deposit come upto £22,000 of any office for 1 year.
Q: what is direct cost of sale.
that's all

S&T
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Can anyone answer these Interview questions

Post by S&T » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:46 pm

TSAZ wrote:Hi all,
thanks in advance
Q:how come rent and rates and deposit come upto £22,000 of any office for 1 year.
that's all

Hi,

Did u get an interview call ?
Were you asked these questions ?

You can find the best answers for the above questions in google

Thanks
Thanks & Regards
S&T
“No one has ever become poor by Helping”

shortdays
Newly Registered

Post by shortdays » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:56 pm

thanks in advance
- If you're trading you should have this ans (or your accountant). you may want to differenciate between gross profit & net profit.
- e.g. if you have sold something / provided something to the customers and haven't got paid yet, this unpaid amount is cash/fees/charges etc. receivable
- this is the minimum your business need to earn before you make any profit (e.g. if your monthly business cost is £100 and you charge £50 per service/product then it means you need to sell minimum of 2 services/products & the moment you do that, it is called your break-even point)
- any business equipment, building, car etc.
- not sure what you mean?
- any expenses you incurre for the sale of your service / product. e.g. if you're selling something at £100, pay commission £5.00, packaging £10.00, then your direct cost of sale is £15.00 (in short any expense which has incurred only because of your sale and it directly relatedto sale is called cost of sale.

This is my understandin in common man language.
that's all

- If you're trading you should have this ans (or your accountant). you may want to differenciate between gross profit & net profit.
- e.g. if you have sold something / provided something to the customers and haven't got paid yet, this unpaid amount is cash/fees/charges etc. receivable
- this is the minimum your business need to earn before you make any profit (e.g. if your monthly business cost is £100 and you charge £50 per service/product then it means you need to sell minimum of 2 services/products & the moment you do that, it is called your break-even point)
- any expenses you incurre for the sale of your service / product. e.g. if you're selling something at £100, pay commission £5.00, packaging £10.00, then your direct cost of sale is £15.00 (in short any expense which has incurred only because of your sale and it directly relatedto sale is called cost of sale.

anas_19
Newly Registered

Post by anas_19 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:03 pm

I just finished my interview, there are no questions like these ! I think these questions are for £200,000 from abroad ?

All the questions that came to me was the same questions written by Rehan (a member here). Really I would like to thank him and wish him all the best, he is a hero :D

TSAZ

Post by TSAZ » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:57 pm

shortdays wrote:
thanks in advance

that's all

thanks for your answers
its really help me to clear some points

TSAZ

Post by TSAZ » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:03 pm

anas_19 wrote:I just finished my interview, there are no questions like these ! I think these questions are for £200,000 from abroad ?

All the questions that came to me was the same questions written by Rehan (a member here). Really I would like to thank him and wish him all the best, he is a hero :D
thanks for your reply
no these question was related BP and someone gave interview on 50k route and he been asked these questions.
my purpose to ask these question only that to share views and better understanding, no one is expert.
this discussion board is really help full.
Rehan questions are really helpfull for everyone.
may Allah give him ajar.

anas_19
Newly Registered

Post by anas_19 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:58 pm

Hi

it might be a question from the case worker , I just remembered one tough question (at least for me) asked by the case worker , he asked to talk in details about the employment law in the UK (things related to minimum wage , NI , working hours ..etc) , I wasn't ready for this question :?

good luck

SHAHJEE05
Newly Registered

Post by SHAHJEE05 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:00 pm

hi sana could u pls share ur questions and u got ur reply yet ?

anas_19
Newly Registered

Post by anas_19 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:10 pm

SHAHJEE05 wrote:hi sana could u pls share ur questions and u got ur reply yet ?

As I said ,questions were similar to questions written by Rehan, check his post here http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 36523.html

good luck,

Anas

mohammed1980

Post by mohammed1980 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:57 pm

Hello,
All these questions are related to the Financial Plan of the Business Plan. These questions were asked probably because the figures in the financial plan were unjustifiable.

My answers are below -

ans] check the financial plan. It must have 3 years projections. If he says "this year", it means the current year. If the business was started last year, then this year is the second year.

ans] If a company has receivables, it means a sale has been made but the payment has not been received as yet . This happens in b2b transactions where a certain time is given to make the payment.

ans] break-even is when there is no loss no profit. If your outgoing is 100 per month, then the incoming must be also 100 to break-even. Check the monthly expenditures in the financial plan and answer accordingly.

ans] Fixed assets are tangible assets such as machinery, equipment, computers, land and property , in short all items that cannot be easily liquidated into cash.

ans] this figure does not seem to be correct. The rent depends on which area your office is located in. If he has shown this high rent, then the office must be in Central London ?? :roll:

ans ] Direct cost is the cost incurred in the production of an item. For eg labour cost and cost of raw material used in production.

These questions are not asked to all. Depending on the type of business this applicant showed in his application, these questions were asked to him, more so because the figures were not convincing. It was a trap to prove that the applicant was not genuine.