ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SS Application and short term UK visit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

SS Application and short term UK visit

Post by jinkazama_11 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:16 pm

Hi
I am exercising EU treaty rights in Ireland since Nov 2013 and my dependent mother is resident with me. I am planning to come back to UK using SS after 10-12 months.
Next month we want to visit UK for 1 week. My mother already got UK visit visa which is valid for few years. Is it ok if she travels with me to UK on her visit visa?
We will apply for EEA Family permit once we are ready to come back to the UK most prob in Sep 2014. If she travels on her visit visa is it guna affect her SS application later later in the year.
Thanks in advance for your help.

dalebutt

Re: SS Application and short term UK visit

Post by dalebutt » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:16 pm

It wouldn't, one do not have to abandoned the UK completely, you are still a citizen you can come here if you wish, just tidy up your activities in Ireland so as to not leave any room for broader interpretation.

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Re: SS Application and short term UK visit

Post by jinkazama_11 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:54 pm

dalebutt wrote:It wouldn't, one do not have to abandoned the UK completely, you are still a citizen you can come here if you wish, just tidy up your activities in Ireland so as to not leave any room for broader interpretation.
Thanks for your reply.