ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help regarding UK NARIC English letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ZinDaGi
Newly Registered

Urgent help regarding UK NARIC English letter

Post by ZinDaGi » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:26 am

Hi All,

I have an appointment book for today to submit the application. I have received the UK Naric letter today for English requirement. I have a bachelors degree from Pakistan and UK NARIC Statement of Comparability. On the English letter, they have mentioned the below statement. Will this be okay for naturalisation application. Please advice. Thanks.

Level Of English : The level of English language for the above degree course does not meet the requirements of CERF level C1.

Additional Information : Although it is confirmed that English is the medium of instruction in the teaching and examination system of the department providing this award. It unfortunately has not been possible to confirm that the necessary English language requirements for CERF Level C1 are met upon completion.

On the AN form, They are only asking for

UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English

ZinDaGi
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent help regarding UK NARIC English letter

Post by ZinDaGi » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:14 pm

Can any senior member reply here please. I have a appointment book for today @ 3:40 PM. Thanks.

maximux79

Post by maximux79 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:18 pm

Please refer to the following link. This says, if you have a original letter from University confirming that your degree is taught in English, they should accept it.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... nstrating/

Evidence of knowledge of Language and Life in the UK required of all settlement and naturalisation applicants
A letter confirming success in the life in the UK Test, stamped and signed by the Test Supervisor; and either
A certificate showing that you have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1CEFR or higher, or an equivalent level qualification; or
If you have a degree taught in English:
A printout from the points-based calculator confirming the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English; or
If your degree is not on the points-based calculator, an original letter and/or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of the qualification, and an original letter from the university or awarding institution on official headed paper confirming your name, the title of the degree, and showing the qualification was taught in English; or
A certificate from the university or awarding institution on official headed paper confirming that the qualification was taught or researched in a majority English speaking country (other than Canada); or
If you are awaiting graduation, or no longer have your certificate and cannot get a new one, you must send either:

bangash
Newly Registered

Post by bangash » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:19 pm

Have you had any more luck with that.....I guess I waisted my money on this stupid thing as well.
I am in the process for apllying for citizenship and now I am stuck with this stupid letter stating exactly the same, though I have passed my IELTS in 2006 but they don't wants expired one, really annoying :(

It will be really helpful if you were successful in any way.....

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:54 pm

bangash wrote:Have you had any more luck with that.....I guess I waisted my money on this stupid thing as well.
I am in the process for apllying for citizenship and now I am stuck with this stupid letter stating exactly the same, though I have passed my IELTS in 2006 but they don't wants expired one, really annoying :(

It will be really helpful if you were successful in any way.....
You can use your expired IELTS for naturalistion.

3. What if your website says my qualification expires after 2 years?
The expiry dates on the SELT list in Appendix O, do not apply to citizenship applications.
For Settlement applications, we will accept Level B1 qualification on the SELT list or an
ESOL qualification on the OFQUAL register at Entry level 3 that has passed the expiry
date, if: The qualification has previously been accepted by us in connection with another
immigration application, e.g. for entry clearance, or (if it is being presented for the first
time) that is was taken in the UK, and is on the OFQUAL register.