ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Graphic Designer looking for work in the UK - advice needed

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Yasmine_B
Newly Registered

Graphic Designer looking for work in the UK - advice needed

Post by Yasmine_B » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:40 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm a graphic designer and a Serbian national, and I would like to find employment as a graphic designer/art director in the UK (possibly London).

Unfortunately, the problem I've encountered so far, is that most employers (read everyone) look for someone who already has a work permit/visa, or at least is a EU national. At the same time, I need an employer to sponsor me in order to get a visa or a work permit.
It gets more difficult, since it's a creative job, I guess that if I were a nurse, or something really useful it would be a bit easier.

My question is, how do I get past this, and what type of agencies employ my kind of worker? What would be your advice?

Thank you in advance

Y