ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport for Child Born india

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

crl234

British Passport for Child Born india

Post by crl234 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:39 pm

Hi

I am holding British Passport & My wife is on Indian Passport with Visa. We recently had a baby girl born in india. We are in confusion whether to apply British or Indian Passport with ROA. Can you please suggest us on:

1) if we want to apply Britiish Passport, Do I (father) needs to be in India? As i am currently in UK and traveling it would be difficult for me to send passport.

2) How long is it going to take to get British Passport? and where should i apply? we are in Andhra Pradesh.

3) If i want to apply Indian Passport & ROA, Do i need to send any NOC certificate? If so, is it from Indian Embassy Or British Consulate?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

rajfromkolkata
Newly Registered

Re: British Passport for Child Born india

Post by rajfromkolkata » Sat May 17, 2014 11:20 pm

I am new to this. Just to throw a question:

Child Dad is in UK and has British passport. Childs Mom is in India with Indian passport. If child is born in India. If the child first apply for Indian passport and then come to UK, can he then apply for British passport from here? just to avoid the extremely time consuming and issues with application of british passport in India.

aksi

Re: British Passport for Child Born india

Post by aksi » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:47 pm

Hi,

We are in same situation and just wondering how you resolved the child's passport issue.

Thanks
crl234 wrote:Hi

I am holding British Passport & My wife is on Indian Passport with Visa. We recently had a baby girl born in india. We are in confusion whether to apply British or Indian Passport with ROA. Can you please suggest us on:

1) if we want to apply Britiish Passport, Do I (father) needs to be in India? As i am currently in UK and traveling it would be difficult for me to send passport.

2) How long is it going to take to get British Passport? and where should i apply? we are in Andhra Pradesh.

3) If i want to apply Indian Passport & ROA, Do i need to send any NOC certificate? If so, is it from Indian Embassy Or British Consulate?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks