ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

£18,600 : Salaried or Non-Salaried ? Formula/Calculation ?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mpatel
Newly Registered

£18,600 : Salaried or Non-Salaried ? Formula/Calculation ?

Post by Mpatel » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:38 pm

I have read and re-read the "AnnexFM 1.7 Financial Requirements", but in my case, I cannot find the CALCULATION to use to come up with a gross figure (that the form requires) :

My situation is below :
(1) Same job for more than 6 months.
(2) Hourly paid, flexible working, permanent job
(3) DIFFERENT pay every WEEK

My questions are :
(1) Do I need to use the 6 months worth of pay or 12 months worth of pay ?
(2) What formula shall I use in my case ?
(3) Will they take the lowest week's payslip into account ? (I hope not!)
(4) I cannot find any section in the form, which has a tickbox to select 'Salaried or Non-Salaried'. How do I inform them that mine is a non-salaried case ??

Kind Regards

Kind Regards
MPat

Rayking

Re: £18,600 : Salaried or Non-Salaried ? Formula/Calculation

Post by Rayking » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:40 pm

Base on knowledge gained from this forum.
1.if you've been in that job for a year then you can use cat B,reason being than you have varying income,to use cat b,you must have earned the money,which means 12 payslips & 12 bank statement.
To use cat b,your lowest income weekly or monthly payslip wouldn't matter,d most important thing is that you've earned 18600 or more.NOT LESS
2.if you've not spent up to a year in that job and you can't wait,then you can use cat A,to use catA,your salary or non salaried income must not fall short of 1550 in a month,if it falls short by just a pound,I'm telling you the ECO doesn't care,the application will be refused.
3.lastly,if your monthly income is flexible, the least will be used,meaning even the least must not be less than 1550,All these are gross income remember?
So the calculation will be
For cat A 1550 ×12=18600 calculated prospectively,6 payslips, 6bank statement
Cat B 1550 or varied above 1550×12=18600 or more.earned you already earned or spent it.12 payslips, 12 bank statements
Hope these information helps?
Pls note,my calculation is done in the best way you can understand it,there's a standard formula but this is a lay man's way of getting it clearer.
I'm sure the big bosses will chip in later.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:54 pm

Mpatel wrote:I have read and re-read the "AnnexFM 1.7 Financial Requirements", but in my case, I cannot find the CALCULATION to use to come up with a gross figure (that the form requires) :

My situation is below :
(1) Same job for more than 6 months.
(2) Hourly paid, flexible working, permanent job
(3) DIFFERENT pay every WEEK

My questions are :
(1) Do I need to use the 6 months worth of pay or 12 months worth of pay ?
You can use 6 months worth if you have earned enough...
(2) What formula shall I use in my case ?
Good news is non salaried employment is slightly more flexible (I used it to sponsor my husband...) the calculation is (gross earnings for 6 months divided by 6) x 12 so you can afford to have variable pay as long as it adds up to 18,600+ in the final sum
(3) Will they take the lowest week's payslip into account ? (I hope not!)
No, but it may help to have a page of your earnings for 26 weeks showing gross pay and calculation at the end. I did this to evidence that it was indeed nonsalaried and still exceeding the requirement.
(4) I cannot find any section in the form, which has a tickbox to select 'Salaried or Non-Salaried'. How do I inform them that mine is a non-salaried case ??
As above

Kind Regards

Kind Regards
MPat
So basically, if you have been with the same employer/agency for 6 months AND earned an average of £9300+ in the 6 months prior to application then you can go for Cat A which is less paperwork... otherwise you need to look at working it out over 12 months...

Mpatel
Newly Registered

Post by Mpatel » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:14 pm

SoHopeful,
As your name suggests, you have certainly brought hopes to me ! Infact, I was just about to PM you (saw one of your previous posts) and pop comes your reply here :)

Thanks for the clarification. I was under the same impression, but needed a second opinion. Glad to have some backing up. Two further queries :

Yes, I have now earned Gross £12000 in last six months (non salaried, flexible hours, same employer). And hence, based on the calculation that makes it equivalent of £24,000 per year. So I am clear, I believe. Infact, I am ready to apply !!

Just to re-confirm again : The first two months (or first 8 weeks) have partly - less pay and partly no pay, as compared to the remaining four months (18 weeks).
*** Will this impact the calculation ?

Thanks for the 'extra calculation page' suggestion. Its already drafted out !
*** Did you attach this as a separate A4 sheet ? What was the title of the page ? Where shall I logically fit this page in to the whole application ? i.e. which section does this page apply to ?

mustang390

Post by mustang390 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:58 pm

Sorry to jump in

What about the Dividends ?
If someone takes Just dividends from the company and in the last 12 Months total dividends comes to £18650. Would that be sufficient ?

Mpatel
Newly Registered

Post by Mpatel » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:42 am

mustang390 wrote:Sorry to jump in

If someone takes Just dividends from the company and in the last 12 Months total dividends comes to £18650. Would that be sufficient ?
I am pretty sure that Dividends are included. But what I am not sure is which category your 'income' belongs to i.e. whether if its Dividends you get as an Individual Investor, for e.g. in company like Tescos - OR - Dividends you draw out as a Sole Director of your own company or a Public Limited Company.

Would be good if somebody specifies which category does either of above falls under.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:48 am

Mpatel wrote:SoHopeful,
As your name suggests, you have certainly brought hopes to me ! Infact, I was just about to PM you (saw one of your previous posts) and pop comes your reply here :)

Thanks for the clarification. I was under the same impression, but needed a second opinion. Glad to have some backing up. Two further queries :

Yes, I have now earned Gross £12000 in last six months (non salaried, flexible hours, same employer). And hence, based on the calculation that makes it equivalent of £24,000 per year. So I am clear, I believe. Infact, I am ready to apply !!

Just to re-confirm again : The first two months (or first 8 weeks) have partly - less pay and partly no pay, as compared to the remaining four months (18 weeks).
*** Will this impact the calculation ?
I believe you would still be ok to apply under Cat A purely because of the way non salaried income is calculated - however hopefully one of the mods can confirm that.

Thanks for the 'extra calculation page' suggestion. Its already drafted out !
*** Did you attach this as a separate A4 sheet ? What was the title of the page ? Where shall I logically fit this page in to the whole application ? i.e. which section does this page apply to ?
Yes I created a spreadsheet and put it with the payslips as a sort of summary of dates and pay, just to make things clearer as 26 payslips is a lot to sift through.
mustang390 wrote:Sorry to jump in

Hopefully one of the mods can chime in on this as I am not familiar with the self employment route

Mpatel
Newly Registered

Post by Mpatel » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:59 pm

Can any of the moderators/members, confirm that less than 26 payslips (holidays etc) is ok ? i.e. I have had 4 weeks off in the middle, so only have 20 payslips over six months' period.
Can any of the moderator/members, confirm that the formula used for non-salaried employment (CatA) is to add up the total of all payslips over past 26 weeks (could be less than 26 and uneven pay) and multiply x 2 ?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:45 am

No, non-salaried income would be total gross income from employment held throughout the 6 month period, divided by 6 multiplied by 12. If the 4 weeks off was for example, unpaid sickness, it would not break the 6 months period. In turn the applicant’s partner can show that they meet the annualised average income required over a period of 6 months and 4 weeks prior to the date of application.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sully_06

Post by sully_06 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:17 am

Hi,

AMBER- sorry to but in put what about if i had 8 days UNPAID LEAVE for when i went to get married in pakistan? as i took off 16 working days and i got paid for 8 days and want paid for 8 days ? please advise

Thanks

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:08 pm

Should be fine, so far as you meet the requisite calculation.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sully_06

Post by sully_06 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:10 pm

THANKS AMBER!!

How will they calculate it? so I know to be sure its , salaried income.

Also to add on that pay slip I took the unpaid time off for my marriage I have got a bonus from work that will bring my gross wage for that month near enough back up to my standard monthly salary ,

I have read that bonus and overtime - they class this as a income and can be used towards the requirement figure? is this correct

Lastly , I have a part time job 1 day a week , I am on the books and pay tax , I get wage slips to confirm this and will have a P60 form them at the end of the tax year, they pay me by cash every month rather than in the bank - will this affect anything?

THANKS AGAIN VERY MUCH APPRICIATED!

Mpatel
Newly Registered

Post by Mpatel » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:54 pm

"No, non-salaried income would be total gross income from employment held throughout the 6 month period, divided by 6 multiplied by 12. If the 4 weeks off was for example, unpaid sickness, it would not break the 6 months period. In turn the applicant’s partner can show that they meet the annualised average income required over a period of 6 months and 4 weeks prior to the date of application"

Great. Just to confirm, one last time, I have following payslips : Oct (4 weeks), Nov (No payslips), Dec (5 weeks), Jan (4 weeks), Feb (5 weeks), March (5 weeks). The Gross total of these 23 payslips is more than 12K, which, according to your formula makes it more than £18,600/annum.

So If I consider this 6 months period in the application :
(1) I have achieved the financial requirement, right ?
(2) All weeks have variable pay (since its a flexible, non-salaried job). That should not cause any issues, right ?

Quick answer appreciated
Kind Regards

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:48 pm

Because it's variable income,you'll need to use the lowest of the pay to calculate your income, you haven't earned the money so,you'll have to use the lowest,which must be 1550 in a month at least.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:54 am

That's not correct RayKing. Non-salaried income, is calculated as I stated below.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:36 am

My apologies Amber,mixed it up with salaried employment.

sully_06

Post by sully_06 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:39 am

Hi Amber

Sorry to bother you but could you please advise me about my post below too,

Many Thanks
sully_06 wrote:THANKS AMBER!!

Also to add on that pay slip I took the unpaid time off for my marriage I have got a bonus from work that will bring my gross wage for that month near enough back up to my standard monthly salary ,

I have read that bonus and overtime - they class this as a income and can be used towards the requirement figure? is this correct

Lastly , I have a part time job 1 day a week , I am on the books and pay tax , I get wage slips to confirm this and will have a P60 form them at the end of the tax year, they pay me by cash every month rather than in the bank - will this affect anything?

Mpatel
Newly Registered

Post by Mpatel » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:33 pm

Amber,

Thanks for this. You said "Non-salaried income, is calculated as I stated below" - I couldn't find it.

Also, would you be able to shed some info on the two questions I post in my previous post in this thread, please ? ( Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:54 pm)

Regards

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:48 pm

Amber_ wrote:No, non-salaried income would be total gross income from employment held throughout the 6 month period, divided by 6 multiplied by 12. If the 4 weeks off was for example, unpaid sickness, it would not break the 6 months period. In turn the applicant’s partner can show that they meet the annualised average income required over a period of 6 months and 4 weeks prior to the date of application.

sully_06

Post by sully_06 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:55 am

Hi Amber,

Sorry to bother you again but can you please shed some light on my post below, im just getting abit worried at the moment ,

Thanks in advance!
sully_06 wrote:THANKS AMBER!!

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:52 pm

Sully_06, for the purpose of salaried earnings, the lowest wage slip gross, in the last six months will be used in the calculation.

sully_06

Post by sully_06 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:18 pm

THANKS AMBER :D

alis92005

Post by alis92005 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:02 am

Hi Guy,
As a self employee 6 month or 12 month required ?
18600 gross income or net income required ?
Help plz thanks