ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Interview

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sidhujazz

Passport Interview

Post by sidhujazz » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:15 am

Hi guys,

can the passport interview be booked without the appointment letter? ie...letter take 2 to 3 days to arrive through post, so can we just call the PO after 10 working days and book the interview, to speed up the process?

What do you need to book the interview, reference number?

How to book it?

Regards,

Jazz

TTOE

Re: Passport Interview

Post by TTOE » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:07 am

It will be good to know what folk's thoughts are about your query. Anyone out there tried this before?

dr_me

Post by dr_me » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:31 am

I booked mine after receiving the letter which I received on the 2nd day from issue date. This letter is sent through 1st class post. You would need to call the number on the letter giving them your reference number printed on the letter. So it is unlikely that without a reference number they will book your appointment. Moreover calling them in advance to book an interview will not accelerate the process as firstly you cannot book an interview before the letter is issued and once the letter is issued you will get it within two days if not misplaced by RM.
In case it takes longer and you got a confirmation on the phone that your letter was issued and sent say 1 week ago, probably you can ask for a replacement or tell that your letter is misplaced at the time of booking the interview. You will then get a confirmation of interview letter and it will have the same reference number.
You will also need to take your interview letter mentioning your ref number on the day of interview. Hope this will help.

sidhujazz

Post by sidhujazz » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:58 am

Thank you Dr_me.

is there anyway we can track our application?

i sent it using C&S, how would i know when it reaches the PO and when the appointment letter will get issued?

Regards,

Jazz

dr_me

Post by dr_me » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:13 am

Jaaz I did not use check and send service but it should not take more than 3/4 days if yours was sent in a batch. Perhaps you can check with the PO when it was sent. After HMPO receive your application it usually takes 2weeks to get the interview letter. Mine was issued around 2weeks of fee deduction. For c&s applications you should get it within approx. 3weeks from when it was sent subjected to the standard checks being completed within that time. Afterwards it depends on the availability of interview slot and if your interview is ok you will get your passport within 2/3days. Officially they say 10days from interview. You can check the passport timeline to get an idea on when you should expect to get a letter. May be you were sent an SMS on the receipt of your application but its not always the case as I didn't get any SMS and when the fee was debited it was a confirmation that they have received it.

sidhujazz

Post by sidhujazz » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:19 am

Thank you very much Dr_me, much appreciated.

TTOE

Post by TTOE » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:23 am

dr_me wrote:I booked mine after receiving the letter which I received on the 2nd day from issue date. This letter is sent through 1st class post. You would need to call the number on the letter giving them your reference number printed on the letter. So it is unlikely that without a reference number they will book your appointment. Moreover calling them in advance to book an interview will not accelerate the process as firstly you cannot book an interview before the letter is issued and once the letter is issued you will get it within two days if not misplaced by RM.
In case it takes longer and you got a confirmation on the phone that your letter was issued and sent say 1 week ago, probably you can ask for a replacement or tell that your letter is misplaced at the time of booking the interview. You will then get a confirmation of interview letter and it will have the same reference number.
You will also need to take your interview letter mentioning your ref number on the day of interview. Hope this will help.
Thanks Dr_me.