ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

INFO: Zerox and Snaps shop near HCIL

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

azorpheunt

INFO: Zerox and Snaps shop near HCIL

Post by azorpheunt » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:43 pm

Recently the passport size requirements were changed to be 2 inches x 2 inches.

In case you do not have the correct size, but do have a soft copy of baby's photo, then there is a shop (with a very visible 'Cadbury' sign. The shop is also called 'The Strand News' ) less than 150m from the embassy who can give you photos (zeroxes etc) of the correct size.

When we were standing in line, one of the security guys kept mentioning the new photo requirements and kept mentioning the shop around the corner. To get to this shop, from the embassy walk in the direction opposite to Waldorf, take a right and walk a few metres to reach the shop. It is nestled between a Greggs and an Opticians, right next to the (tiny) entry of Hotel Strand Continental:

Google Maps Link for this route : http://bit.ly/1mhwFOe (Snapshot :

This shop was a lifesaver for a couple who had come with the incorrect sized snaps. I was told that the price for 4 snaps is 12 quid.

Disclaimer: I have no affliation with this shop. Posted this information here because I am certain it will be useful for people stuck with incorrect size snaps or missing photocopies.

Hope this helps!

InUkOnHsmp

Re: INFO: Zerox and Snaps shop near HCIL

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:17 pm

Hi azorpheunt,

Passport size photograph for what purpose, passport, visa, OCI or PIO?

Just wondering what is this change you are talking about, as the site still mentioned 35x45 for PIO and 51x51 for OCI.

Regards
Challenges make life worth it!