ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Investment of £50K.

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Extension2013

Investment of £50K.

Post by Extension2013 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:52 am

Good Morning:
I am just wonder to ask a question about investment of funds in security company.Could anybody tell me please that what are the things I can show investment for in security company.Appreciated.

hnav

Re: Investment of £50K.

Post by hnav » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:00 am

Good morning

Money should be used in busuness to encourage, growth or expension to improve service or products and to ensure business profitable

shan101

Post by shan101 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:32 am

Extension2013 wrote:Good Morning:
I am just wonder to ask a question about investment of funds in security company.Could anybody tell me please that what are the things I can show investment for in security company.Appreciated.
Office furniture, any vehicle for business purpose etc
,How can people find the time to hate while life is too short to love,

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:35 am

Security company? What type of security? Do you already have leave to remain in the Tier 1 (Ent) category? I can't see a security category that would qualify for PSW to Tier 1 switching unless it's very high level and technical nature. If you are merely posting guards or watchmen, that would not be a business at level 4 or higher.

Extension2013

Post by Extension2013 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:24 am

Thank you very much for prompt reply Hnav,Shan101 and Lucapooka.
Dear Lucapooka, to be fair this category under tier 1 from psw was prior an application legally worked out and subsequently sent in our application.The job includes under this category at graduate level 4 at serial 1174 (SOC code 2000) and now at serial 3319 of new SOC code 2010.

I believe this is fit for Ent Tier 1 but my question and confusion was abit about the main things to be invested in apart from office furniture and other stuff.
I would really appreciate your further comments to clear more my confusion.Thank you

Extension2013

Post by Extension2013 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:25 am

Dear Lucapooka, to be fair this category under tier 1 from psw was prior an application legally worked out and subsequently sent in our application.The job includes under this category at graduate level 4 at serial 1174 (SOC code 2000) and now at serial 3319 of new SOC code 2010.

I believe this is fit for Ent Tier 1 but my question and confusion was abit about the main things to be invested in apart from office furniture and other stuff.
I would really appreciate your further comments to clear more my confusion.Thank you

Extension2013

Post by Extension2013 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:29 am

Extension2013

Post by Extension2013 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:32 am

Extension2013

Post by Extension2013 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:33 am

Extension2013

Post by Extension2013 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:36 am

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:49 am

Citing a SOC code is all very well but exactly what type of security service does your business provide to clients? Do you perform any of the listed operations under that code? If so, which ones?

Extension2013

Post by Extension2013 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:16 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Citing a SOC code is all very well but exactly what type of security service does your business provide to clients? Do you perform any of the listed operations under that code? If so, which ones?

Thank u.It includes;

Analyses security requirements,advises clients and develops,monitors and improves security measures....and
Supervises and assigns duties to security staff.

Your further comments would highly be appreciated.thanks

Extension2013

Post by Extension2013 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:18 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Citing a SOC code is all very well but exactly what type of security service does your business provide to clients? Do you perform any of the listed operations under that code? If so, which ones?

Thank u.It includes;

Analyses security requirements,advises clients and develops,monitors and improves security measures....and

Extension2013

Post by Extension2013 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:23 pm

Thank u Lucapooka .It includes;

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:30 pm

On the face of things, without further input from you as to what you actually do now (the business must be operating when you make the switch), it sounds like you are merely providing security guards and what you may dream about providing in the future is not really relevant. Otherwise, to effect this switch, you would need to be able to show your extensive experience or expertise in all aspects of the security sector that might permit you to offer specific advice. What is your actual expertise in the security sector (other than providing guards)?

Extension2013

Post by Extension2013 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:53 pm

Dear Lucapooka
Thanks for your own opinion which rather confused me,to be honest but What is a technical reason behind your comments for someone who establish a security company by providing his company service through guards to clients which is I think throughout the UK a very common business and the HO has not raised any question on my business or its function or any relevant objection on its qualification within the soc code level 4.
In my experience which was confirmed by its controlling/professional body,the pre-requisite of forming this business,the owner should have SIA badge to deliver his function as owner,employer,director,manager or supervisor of a business.

Anyway,I have booked appointment with my barrister in order to clarify my confusion on this issue and I will let you know accordingly.

Have a good night

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:20 pm

Because security guard and the placement thereof is not a level 4 activity! That is all the business is doing and as such it will not be eligible for T1 at the 50K psw threshold. Your legal advisor should know this.

Extension2013

Post by Extension2013 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:24 pm

Let c what happens and what the new year brings for me.Thanks anyway

kayani2012

Post by kayani2012 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:02 pm

hello guys,
i just need an advise. i am running my company, its going ok but i am having problem to manage other expensive so if i do taxi as a self employed to manage my extra expensive to run business smoothly. will it effort on extension???? i have to register self employed as well

Extension2013

Re: Investment of £50K in Security Services Company:Please H

Post by Extension2013 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:11 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Because security guard and the placement thereof is not a level 4 activity! That is all the business is doing and as such it will not be eligible for T1 at the 50K psw threshold. Your legal advisor should know this.
I have discussed the topic earlier when my appeal was pending. And now my appeal was heard and the case was remitted back to home office for further consideration.The worries still are at its peak.Dont know what to do Because some of the members on the forum say that security services company is not at level 4.Any expert please help me out of this hell please.

Detail of my case:

on 10 of Jan 13 team application under 50K
Funds held in overseas:
Bases of business: Security services company:level 1174 soc code and the new revised one I don't remember:
No contract provided but an email as letter of intent for quote.
No market search provided
No business plan provided:
On 22 of Apr 13 team application were refused for the reasons that insufficient evidence to prove funds requirement has been provided and there is no contract to prove that the company is active and trading.
Before the date I struggled hard to obtain those paper from third party and bank in my sole name in order to prevent any further weird situation and by the grace of Allah Almighty I obtained the paper ontime.
No new paper or contract was provided to the court but only submission was that that I didn't want to land in trouble by signing contracts with people before any decision on my application because If before the visa or during the visa process I sign any contract,the amount will be spent and this is a very huge amount for me which I don't want to lose.

Yesterday I received a call from blocked number claiming herself to be from HO enquiring about my case .Asked afew question about job and money.

Anybody please comment what does it bring for me good or bad.Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks

cpmlkhan
Member of Standing

Post by cpmlkhan » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:59 pm

Extension2013 wrote:
Lucapooka wrote:Because security guard and the placement thereof is not a level 4 activity! That is all the business is doing and as such it will not be eligible for T1 at the 50K psw threshold. Your legal advisor should know this.
I have discussed the topic earlier when my appeal was pending. And now my appeal was heard and the case was remitted back to home office for further consideration.The worries still are at its peak.Dont know what to do Because some of the members on the forum say that security services company is not at level 4.Any expert please help me out of this hell please.

Detail of my case:

on 10 of Jan 13 team application under 50K
Funds held in overseas:
Bases of business: Security services company:level 1174 soc code and the new revised one I don't remember:
No contract provided but an email as letter of intent for quote.
No market search provided
No business plan provided:
On 22 of Apr 13 team application were refused for the reasons that insufficient evidence to prove funds requirement has been provided and there is no contract to prove that the company is active and trading.
Before the date I struggled hard to obtain those paper from third party and bank in my sole name in order to prevent any further weird situation and by the grace of Allah Almighty I obtained the paper ontime.
No new paper or contract was provided to the court but only submission was that that I didn't want to land in trouble by signing contracts with people before any decision on my application because If before the visa or during the visa process I sign any contract,the amount will be spent and this is a very huge amount for me which I don't want to lose.

Yesterday I received a call from blocked number claiming herself to be from HO enquiring about my case .Asked afew question about job and money.

Anybody please comment what does it bring for me good or bad.Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks
They have put you in dilemma. My advice to you to send a contract,business plan & market research to Ho while they are reconsidering your application. pm me if need more details.

Mr Legal

Post by Mr Legal » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:12 pm

cpmlkhan wrote:
Extension2013 wrote:

They have put you in dilemma. My advice to you to send a contract,business plan & market research to Ho while they are reconsidering your application. pm me if need more details.
I don't understand why members on board give information when they are not sure about something in particular.I would agree with Cpmlkhan and would suggest to you to follow the rules and requirements under that.To be fair your stress about the contract couldn't be positive because it is part of the requirments,however,they may still consider your application without that in light of other major parts reflecting the genuineness of your application.
As long as your business is at graduate level and it gives that service which is mentioned under the job description of your cited code,that is correct and you may qualify for T1 Entreprenuer under that business because T1 Ent requires to provide services and services cannot be the same.For example,All graduate needs not to be engineers because different category of professionals have different services,like lawyer cannot provide engineer services,IT doesn't provide a lawyer job or any other but it will provide services in that relevant field.
So similar is your case provided that you qualify for it means that you have relevant qualification and experience with all other organisational affiliation and insurance (if any) and I don't think that you should also be pilot while providing services in your security business.
Good luck
Experience and understanding can get you to the goal.Every information based on my own experience is friendly shared in goodfaith.

Extension2013

Post by Extension2013 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:55 pm

Thank you very much cpmlkhan and Mr Legal for your positive encouragement.