ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Adult dependant relatives

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

paragbalgi
Newly Registered

ILR for Adult dependant relatives

Post by paragbalgi » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:13 pm

I need help/advice/information on this subject.

Situation with me is I am on ILR in the UK. My father passed away and now my mother is all alone back home. I can get her a 5/10/15 year visit visa but would like to spare her the trouble of the 9 hr london-mumbai flight every 180 days as she is now 75 years old.

there is a guidance note on the UKBA website for this category and I have read through that. Just wanted to know if there is anyone out there who has done it according to the current guidelines in place and would not mind sharing information/experiance.

I would highly appreciate any response.

thanks

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:46 pm

Near on impossible unless she's disabled and need personal care which she can't get in her native country. See older dependant relatives (click)

You should consider the Surinder Singh route,
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

paragbalgi
Newly Registered

residence visa for adult dependant relatives

Post by paragbalgi » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:55 am

thanks for your prompt response & pardon my ignorance on this subject but
May i ask what is this "Surinder Singh route" ??

thanks

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:51 am

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ADR_Challenge
Newly Registered

Re: ILR for Adult dependant relatives

Post by ADR_Challenge » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:58 pm

Hi, I thought this information could be useful to some people who have been posting in this thread. I hope it is helpful and look forward to seeing you at the next meeting!

The Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants (JCWI) is currently undertaking research, funded by the Strategic Legal Fund (SLF), to investigate the impact the July 2012 family immigration rule regarding Adult Dependent Relatives is having on families in the UK, with the ultimate aim of launching a legal challenge
As a result of the rule changes, it is now near impossible for British residents and citizens to bring a non-EEA adult relative who is dependent on them for care to live with them in the UK.
From our initial contact with families we have found that, as a result of this rule, children are being denied important contact with grandparents, families are struggling to cope with the joint burden of childcare and remittances sent to elderly relatives abroad, and many families are facing tough decisions about whether to relocate in order to care for their elderly relatives, thereby uprooting their lives in the UK. For more information about the immigration rules and our research, please see our website:http://jcwi.org.uk/policy/adult-dependent-relatives
We want to hear from affected families, in order to put together a research document that highlights the plight this rule is causing. Please download a questionnaire from our website, or get in touch by emailing adr@jcwi.org.uk
We are organising public meetings across the UK (Birmingham, Edinburgh and London) in order to reach out to affected families, providing them with information about the rule changes, as well as advice and information about our research and how we aim to challenge this Immigration Rule.

The next meeting is tomorrow, 30 January 2014 at Usurp Art Gallery in Harrow, starting at 6pm email adr@jcwi.org.ukif you would like to attend.
Our follwing meetings will be held in:
Edinburgh 20th Febuary 2014, Quaker Meeting House
London, 27th February 2014, Whitechapel

kasturi75

Re: ILR for Adult dependant relatives

Post by kasturi75 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:10 am

When & where is the next meeting?