ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR When to apply??

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

raja.chs
Newly Registered

ILR When to apply??

Post by raja.chs » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:54 pm

Hello Fellas,

I have a quick question regarding my ILR application.
I am on Tier1 general visa, finishing 5 years on Tier1 by the 1st week of May 2014, but to due to late processing by home office for my tier 1 extension i have visa til Aug2014, but as i said earlier i will be finishing my 5 years on Tier1 by the first week of May, so when should i apply for my ILR??

Any info in this regards is highly appreciated!!

Kind Regards

sidhujazz

Re: ILR When to apply??

Post by sidhujazz » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:17 pm

You do not need to wait for your visa to finish.

You can apply anytime after completing your 5 years.

Best Wishes,

Jazz

raja.chs
Newly Registered

Post by raja.chs » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:08 pm

Guys, do you all agree??
The reason i am asking this is on the SET(o) application it has mentioned to apply in the last month of the visa..so lil confused.

Tried to phone the home office enquirey line but no luck, i have tried the 0800/ and recently changed 0300 numbers, could managed to speak, only refering to check the website.

Is there a contact number or an email i can enquire about it?

Any sort of help is highly appreciated.

Kined Regards
Raj

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:53 am

Yes It is correct you can apply for Set (O) application even 28 days before completing your 5 years
So if you are completing 5 years in 1st week of May than you can apply in 2nd week of April for Settlement Application

smartkhan
Member of Standing

Post by smartkhan » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:12 pm

You don't need to wait until expiry of current visa. Apply when you finish 5 years in UK.