ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Status while switching

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rash1

Visa Status while switching

Post by rash1 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:49 am

Hi

My husband was on PSW and me as his dependent we both had full working rights. Now my husband has applied for Tier 4 and me as his dependent Solicitors says that we both have full working rights till we receive our new Visa, our employer needs a written document that we have working rights till we receive our new visa but Solicitor is asking for too much money officially write this.

Could anybody please provide a link for ukba official page where they have mentioned regarding the above.

Thanks in advance :)

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Re: Visa Status while switching

Post by Zee ali » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:15 pm

rash1 wrote:Hi

My husband was on PSW and me as his dependent we both had full working rights. Now my husband has applied for Tier 4 and me as his dependent Solicitors says that we both have full working rights till we receive our new Visa, our employer needs a written document that we have working rights till we receive our new visa but Solicitor is asking for too much money officially write this.

Could anybody please provide a link for ukba official page where they have mentioned regarding the above.

Thanks in advance :)
Don't give him a penny.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ht-to-work

Download this form and give it to your employer so he can check right to work by himself

Your employer needs to email the filled form on email address given. HO reply them within 5 working days. And u can work upto 12

months after HO confirmation. If u get your visa before passing 12 months give copy of your visa to your employer.

Any help PM me.

Regards
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

rash1

Post by rash1 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:56 pm

Thanks so much for your great help.....Solicitors does not leave even a single chance to take out money from your pocket.

Thanks again :)

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:38 pm

Brother Ali..
Rule says that till decision is made the previous status is carried out..

ok understood..

but in case if it is refused.. and got appeal.. and appeal is lodged in time.. and again refused... then permission for appeal is lodged and accepted..

does till this time too one has right to work ??

because i have seen my friends working still appeal is lodged .. but others I have seen that in first instance when they get refusal.. and still they lodge the appeal.. their employer says we have confirmed from HO that you dont have right to work..

please throw some light so that me and others too can benefit from it..

thanks in Advance
rash1 wrote:Thanks so much for your great help.....Solicitors does not leave even a single chance to take out money from your pocket.

Thanks again :)

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:44 am

@smir
Brother once your employer check your right to work through Employer checking service. Your employer has an excuse for 12 months.
from HO confirmation date.

But it's your responsibility to keep update your employer about your application. It means u only need to tell employer that u don't have any right to work left and u exhaust all of your appeal rights.

Smir read first post link carefully that when 3c ends.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

gj6ab5657
Mood:
India

Post by gj6ab5657 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:12 pm

Hi! smir,

I know the person who got his student visa refused and appealed in different courts (lower, upper and court of appeal) and all been refused now solicitor has applied for FLR(FP) for his extension his employer has checked right to work through Employer checking service and he is still working since last 2 years (I know checking service reply valid from issue till 1 year been checked twice and as per letter still he can work even though he has applied for another category

so depends on how long it takes for appeal process, some get reply within a month and some not answered over the one and half year

Regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:07 am

rash1 wrote:Could anybody please provide a link for ukba official page where they have mentioned regarding the above.
Section 3C/3D is applicable after expiry of leave, provided that you made a valid in-time application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.